Communicore Backstage Magic - Still There?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thank you very much, but what is in this area now. I don't need the full run down, just something to put in relation to now a days.
Guest services. Central is still there, but only sofar as DACS running the park infrastructure as opposed to all attractions.

Expo_Seeker40

How much of Guest Relations occupies the ground floor?

If Central is still there...could someone in guest relations simply walk up the ramp or stairs and go see the room? I've not been in Guest Relations since they moved to Innoventions.

Also, what has become of the TravelPort? I know that there is a wall blocking entrance to that area from the restrooms of the electric umbrella.

Martin, any photos you took of these areas in 2001?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Krackpots, Bonnie A. and all their descendents have left the building. There may be a slim chance the Soarin' queue dosn`t take up all the available space though. Nothing more. I doubt Cher is still hanging from the celing or anything like that.

I`ll see what I shot in Innoventions in `01 - I know I got Guest Services interior, but as you know (geek alert!) in October I`m making a point of documenting the remains of CCore and what was where compared to now.

From what I understand, actually, Guest Services only takes up the space on the original upper level, where SMRT-1 was. Central (front of stage) was in a sunken area now occupied by the Magic House Show - indeed the ramp is or was behind here. To the left of this show should be the secure corridor to Central (backstage) and VIP lounge access - though I`m going off a 1994 map here.

nomeus

Is there really a model of Epcot up there?? !! How was it used in the show?

from around 05-06ish. might be demolished with the buildings soon, who knows

Attachments

• DSCN0815.JPG
    DSCN0815.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 235

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom