Communicore Backstage Magic - Still There?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I thought the original east corridor of CCore SE - the part that held the temporary Centorium in `99 - was currently walled off and unused? As I said, I have a lot of geeky work to do in October :D
you better save your money and send the significant other to the countries for some frosty beverages to deal with that :lol: that is break-up material to woman (at least sam). i know that i was pushing that button when i made her ride SSE 3 times in one day.

be careful martin, be careful.

Lee

Adventurer
As I said, I have a lot of geeky work to do in October :D

I have a great mental image of Martin with a pencil behind his ear, stretching a tape measure across the ground in Epcot, muttering to himself "Hmmm....I thought this wall was 2 feet that way...." :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Lee, you don`t know the half of it...... :ROFLOL:

Taking photos of windows and walls

Jumping on the floor of the Imagination queue every few feet

Asking to look in the storeroom at guest services

Tapping the wall next to the Octoberfest

Looking for evidence of the upper dining level from Stargate

Begging to be let in the Odyssey for picture taking, not wine tasting

Slipping under the Soarin` queue line to look for the... nah. Never mind that one ;)

If anyone sees a strange man doing any of the above with a Mickey tattoo on his shoulder, just smile :D
Joel; Michelle has prepared herself. That and the promise we`ll return next year to have the holiday she won`t get this year :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
My wife's used to it.
I can hear her now...
"They put that wall up because they don't want you to know what's back there."
"I don't think you're supposed to be going in there...."
"No, you can't lift me up to take a photo over that wall!"
:lookaroun

maelstrom

Slipping under the Soarin` queue line to look for the... nah. Never mind that one ;)

I do a lot of those same things. But I'm going to have to ask you about the upper level of the Stargate (I'm sorry, but it's 2a, and the Stargate became Pasta Piazza, not the Electric Umbrella which still has upstairs seating, right?) and what about the Soarin' queue?

When the walls were up around the 20K lagoon, I was laying on the ground snapping pictures underneath the boards. When IASW was closed for its massive rehab, I took pictures thru the holes in the tint they put over the windows in the Pinocchio Village Haus, and I had the first good shots online of the new queue area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
NO, its the same level.
Thank you! I thought that, but had been told otherwise. I don`t remember any upper level, none of the original plans show an upper level, so I was led to believe it was a `94 addition.

Strike one off the list :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Lee, you don`t know the half of it...... :ROFLOL:

If anyone sees a strange man doing any of the above with a Mickey tattoo on his shoulder, just smile :D
Joel; Michelle has prepared herself. That and the promise we`ll return next year to have the holiday she won`t get this year :lol:
well, michelle is a definate keeper. if i did the above list, sam would say, "ummmm, are you in your disney geek mode again, ok, i think that im going to go to mexico and have a margarita. wait, scratch that, this calls for something stronger in France" :D

My wife's used to it.
I can hear her now...
"They put that wall up because they don't want you to know what's back there."
"I don't think you're supposed to be going in there...."
"No, you can't lift me up to take a photo over that wall!"
:lookaroun
i dont even try.... :lol:

Jerm

Martin,

I can tell you it is still there, you just have to get around the side of the wall. PM me if you want more of the info on that.

You mean Communicore, or Computer Central specifically? Handy dandy map.... I like that :lol:

Computer Central would be the best bit of it. I am always visiting the park and have started taking pic of things also. Because you never know when you might need some pics or video

J

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
So I looked real close at MouseGear today (when I was on my wand expedition) and there still is a portion of it that has a second floor. It's near the center hallway leading out to M:S. So it would be the northwest corner of MG. It looks like one part may be offices because there are windows with vertical blinds that look out over the fountain.

Figment82

The old Centorium upstairs and downstairs area by the large windows are both still in use today, but for backstage purposes. The old FutureChoice Theatre is now occupied by the Kids Room.

Figment82

So I looked real close at MouseGear today (when I was on my wand expedition) and there still is a portion of it that has a second floor. It's near the center hallway leading out to M:S. So it would be the northwest corner of MG. It looks like one part may be offices because there are windows with vertical blinds that look out over the fountain.

Close... but not exactly :animwink:

Whats the deal with the soar'in queue now you all have my interest peaked and btw My fiancee is the same with me taking photos where she says i shouldnt be. If theres a wall it is mean to have me look over the top of it for photos, but she says its meant to keep nosey people like me out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Computer Central would be the best bit of it. I am always visiting the park and have started taking pic of things also. Because you never know when you might need some pics or video
Better late than never:

Attachments

• Computer Central layout.jpg
    Computer Central layout.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 666

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom