Commander Chris's Sep. 27th update

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Bagheera
Boy, Rob. You sound like you'd expect them to have a budget or something.... :rolleyes: :lol:

Disney is about due for a Coup d'Etat..

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Bagheera
Allez les fans! Introduce Mr. Eisner to Madame Guillotine! LOL

ehh.. too French. I was aiming more for something like the fall of the Berlin Wall. The fall of the tipboard (And the reconstruction of it!)

NowInc

oooooooooook..time for me to chime in a bit here...

First off..the laptop issue. It isnt illegal to use one in the parks. Is it out of place? Not really. There are TONS of "locals" who tend to go to the parks several times a week to relax..not even to ride anything (i was one of those types for 2 years). As rob said..to him..WDW is a big starbucks. Would the use of the laptop raise questions? Absolutly. But with minor investigation (aka..asking the right questions and simply LOOKING at the comp) they would be able to determine if its a "threat" or not. They arent concerned with anyone plotting "revenge" or an attack on the parks..they are probobly (id even go as far as to way this is the EXACT reason) more concerned with COPYRIGHT protection. With a laptop it is possible to capture video and audio at above normal quality and its also possible to "transcribe" ride "Scripts" for sharing on the internet. Stuff that could potentially (but very unlikley) cause a loss of buisness to the company. They probobly didnt want to mention this to you rob because they were afraid of giving you ideas. Is it right what they did? No. They went about it wrong, and could have done a million things differently to avoid you feeling "unwelcome". Do i understand WHY they would do it...absolutly (this doesnt mean i agree).

Now for "the jacket" *plays scary music in background*.

They were most likley concerned with the fact that it IS a bit "uncommon" to be wearing a leather jacket at the parks. They always have to assume that people are not from florida. They, again, went about the whole situation wrong. In my experience (and boy do i have pleanty of it), disney security tends to always try and blow things out of proportion to see how the person reacts. Staying calm speaks volumes to them. Do I agree with the way they do things? No way. They need to really "re-profile" their views on potential theives/threats...since they typical stereotype is NOT what they should worry about. I have had more than my fair share of conforntations (peacefull ones) with the security in the parks (mostly because of my apperance)..and not once have i gotten an appology or a "please" or "thank you". It was always a pretty rude situation which, in my opinion, was more of an attempt to proove something. To make them LOOK important to other guests. (To see security hounding someone who looks like me gives the familes a false sence of security...since as stated above..chances are the ones that they have to worry about are FAR more inconspicuous looking than me). Do I ever learn? Nope. I actually find it amusing and educational to see what they do to me each time (and trust me..even when i was there pretty much every day..i got searched almost every time i went). Just keep in mind of the amount of people who go thru those gates everyday, and all the time wasted searching me could be spent observiing the REAL pychopathes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom