Commander Chris's Sep. 27th update

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
ISTC commander taken into custody....Ill get to that in a second.

-First off, ISTC has installed more screens to scare people in the team dispatch area, they're over head.
-The crane is totally visible now
-Fountain of Nations is expected to be back and running by Wed.
-While I was going back to EPCOT on the monorail I saw, NEMO! apparently the old meet and greet session has been moved over to TLS now.....guess we were right about Nemo coming to TLS.

at MK
-Photos at Buzz are up and running. Ill be uploading what the picture looks like in a few minutes.
-Sadly, they dont put the score on the picture, but I did suggest that to a manager.
-Thunder Mnt. rehab is going smoothly.

-Just in general, the crowds were pretty good today, seems business is about to pick up.

Now about that headline. Earlier today about 12ish I was taken in for questioning by undercover security (although these guys must have been fresh because they were a little obvious, everywhere I would go, theyd be ten steps behind....kinda became obvious when they boarded the train two rows behind me). Anywho, the guy I was talking to the most said that a group of people said they were scared because of me walking around in the jacket (Scared? please). Plus he said that the security at the gates didnt check my bag, which was bull. (Hell, even the guy said he watched me get checked from start to finish, so he shouldve seen me get it checked). And so they finally snagged me and started looking through my gear (after a damn near hour of "Hunt the commander") with the "suspsion of having a weapon" (Lemmie tell ya, the only weapon at MK now is the damn photo op at Buzz). Anyways, they finally let me go and all, yadda yadda, nothing big.

But what got me was I cant figure out if it was a search or a praise on the jacket.....seriously, cause every other sentence was about the jacket "Arent you hot?" (no). "Must be a native" (Yep) "Why are you wearing that anyways" (Friends find me by it, plus its my trademark)....

*Goes back to work on uploading pictures.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Now about that headline. Earlier today about 12ish I was taken in for questioning by undercover security (although these guys must have been fresh because they were a little obvious, everywhere I would go, theyd be ten steps behind....kinda became obvious when they boarded the train two rows behind me). Anywho, the guy I was talking to the most said that a group of people said they were scared because of me walking around in the jacket (Scared? please). Plus he said that the security at the gates didnt check my bag, which was bull. (Hell, even the guy said he watched me get checked from start to finish, so he shouldve seen me get it checked). And so they finally snagged me and started looking through my gear (after a damn near hour of "Hunt the commander") with the "suspsion of having a weapon" (Lemmie tell ya, the only weapon at MK now is the damn photo op at Buzz). Anyways, they finally let me go and all, yadda yadda, nothing big.

If they do that again, tell them you want a Security manager there.

They stopped me for having a laptop out in the park...

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Im not really worried about it, seriously. In a way Im glad they did talk to me about it, because it put a little excitement into a rather dull and gloomy day. You guys who were out there today know what Im talking about....Fall my butt. We skipped Fall, Winter and spring and jumped right back to the middle of summer. Its the only possible reason why we're getting all this summerish rain right now.

t3techcom18

-First off, ISTC has installed more screens to scare people in the team dispatch area, they're over head.

Sheesh, more of 'em screens?

-The crane is totally visible now

What crane???

-While I was going back to EPCOT on the monorail I saw, NEMO! apparently the old meet and greet session has been moved over to TLS now.....guess we were right about Nemo coming to TLS.

Exciting news!!

But what got me was I cant figure out if it was a search or a praise on the jacket.....seriously, cause every other sentence was about the jacket "Arent you hot?" (no). "Must be a native" (Yep) "Why are you wearing that anyways" (Friends find me by it, plus its my trademark)....

Sheesh!! It's just a jacket!!! They should just say "Can we look inside your jacket, please?", and keep on going!! What nerve people have sometimes....(No offense, people)

t3techcom18

Oops...I put some stuff in the quotes accidentally...Here are responses so you don't get mixed up with X2's:

First off, ISTC has installed more screens to scare people in the team dispatch area, they're over head.

Sheesh, more of 'em screens?

The crane is totally visible now

What crane???

Exciting news!!

Sheesh!! It's just a jacket!!! They should just say "Can we look inside your jacket, please?", and keep on going!! What nerve people have sometimes....(No offense, people)

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The crane for Soarin is what crane.

There were only two that I noticed. But then again, I didnt notice them until I was like right below the two so there might be more.

As far as the jacket goes, many of you have not seen me in it so let me explain that part.

Its leather, obviously, so its gonna be a bit bulky with the lining and pockets inside and all. Perfect way to conceal a weapon or something.

Their main concern was my satchel. They checked one side of my jacket, which had my ID in it and all.

I was talkin to Mkt a little ealier and I agree,, they are a joke. Disney Security is about as funny as Universal's Holloween Horror Nights (Ooooo, a director, big flippin deal, UoE is more frightening than that).

So, anywho, back to your inflight movie

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Woody13
Wearing a jacket in the summer into the parks at WDW screams out SHOPLIFTER to security personnel.

it's fall... lol

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Jackets talk now? Great, first it was an umbrella in Mary Poppins....then it was trashcans and palm trees....now its jackets....DAMN YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR ADVANCEMENTS IN TECHNOLOGY!

I think it was like 79 at one point today, and like Ive said in the past, in Florida, when it drops past 80, a lot of us pull out the jackets.

Its not so much the heat that'll kill you, its the humity.....and the tourists.

meeko_33785

Well the new photo kiosk on Buzz looks.. interesting. Not sure if it's worth shelling out the $$ to buy a pic of me on the ride, but I'm sure a lot of kids out there will beg their parents to buy them the picture. Is there any other merchenise in there or just the photo pick-up.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Yeah, they FINALLY have Buzz merch in there....for the ride of course. Buzz spinners and everything Buzz is in there for the most part.

Thinking back, it's gonna get real conjested in that area because you have the viewing are then right after that is the Zurg fig in jail which is apparently a photo area as well. They made the bars wide enough apart so kids can step inside (Wether or not this was intended is beyond me) but I say, let em get in there then keep the little ankel biters in the cell.

Woody13

Originally posted by mkt
it's fall... lol

You are absolutely correct. I suppose I should have said when it's anything other than a cool or cold day, jackets make security personnel suspicious. Hand bags also tend to set of the alarm.

Woody13

Hence the whole baggage inspections to begin with....

The bag checks coming into the parks do nothing to curtail shoplifting. Remember that the gift shops in all of the parks in WDW rely heavily on plain clothes security personnel to "watch".

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The whole search was over possible weapons being concealed, We're talkin about weapons here. Dunno where you started with the merch stuff.

Ergo, the whole baggage check. Its just as easy for me to carry around the pins in my satchel which I do, and I dont take bags for em because I dont need the bags because of my satchel, them see the pins and ask nothing of it.

PhotoDave219

Well, looking at from a security point of view, someone in a leather jacket on a nice warm sunshiny day does stick out a little and is worth some attention. It happens.... Musta been a slow day for security. I guess anythign that doesnt blend in totally as a tourist is gonna catch their eye....

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Well, looking at from a security point of view, someone in a leather jacket on a nice

Nice? Yeah right

warm sunshiny day

There was sun today? When was this event?

does stick out a little and is worth some attention.

I try my best to

It happens.... Musta been a slow day for security.

About as slow as the energizer bunny drinking caffine

I guess anything that doesnt blend in totally as a tourist is gonna catch their eye....

Should've seen what I used to wear out to the parks during my "Indy Era" as my friends called it

Woody13

The whole search was over possible weapons being concealed, We're talkin about weapons here. Dunno where you started with the merch stuff.

Ergo, the whole baggage check. Its just as easy for me to carry around the pins in my satchel which I do, and I dont take bags for em because I dont need the bags because of my satchel, them see the pins and ask nothing of it.

The security folks are not going to tell you what they are looking for or why they stopped you. They might use concealed weapons as an excuse, but if they were really looking for concealed weapons, then the approach would been been very different and they certainly wouldn't tell you! I think you're missing the point here. Based upon your original post, I don't think they were at all concerned with what you brought into the park. I think they were concerned with what you MIGHT be taking out of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom