comfortable footwear

thimblekisses

d'Isigny said:
Sounds like a woman's shoe...

No, no, no. Birkenstocks are available in men's and women's sizes and styles.

http://www.birkenstock.com/

Don't be fooled by the picture on the website. Those are just some of the shoes and they happen to be women's, but there are hundreds of kinds, including some that aren't sandals, and even some professional lines for nurses, doctors, etc.

d'Isigny

Original Poster
thimblekisses said:
No, no, no. Birkenstocks are available in men's and women's sizes and styles.

http://www.birkenstock.com/

Don't be fooled by the picture on the website. Those are just some of the shoes and they happen to be women's, but there are hundreds of kinds, including some that aren't sandals, and even some professional lines for nurses, doctors, etc.

I dunno...they look girlie...

Pirate665

d'Isigny said:
Well, they have to be better for you than a sandel...

Now, I have to select a color.

Your Mom went to Universal?!!!

She's not to big of a fan of Disney. I'm the only one in my family who is (which was mentioned in one of the first posts I ever did :) )

Scooter

Consumer Report magazine says

New Balance 608's are the best.

I buy a new pair every year...very affordable and I've never had sore feet on any of my vacations.

Computer Magic

I would also have to say New Balance. I have the All Terrain 83.

Don't forget that socks you choose make a big difference. I hear the New Balance Performance Moister Management is a good sock. It removes the perspiration away from the foot.

SewIn2Disney

The first shoe that came to mind was the Land's End shoe recomended in one of the first few posts......so I'd have to second that.
But, I would recomend putting a small gel insert into it.

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Scooter said:
Consumer Report magazine says

New Balance 608's are the best.

I buy a new pair every year...very affordable and I've never had sore feet on any of my vacations.

good stuff...

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
I would also have to say New Balance. I have the All Terrain 83.

Don't forget that socks you choose make a big difference. I hear the New Balance Performance Moister Management is a good sock. It removes the perspiration away from the foot.

good idea...thanks

d'Isigny

Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
The first shoe that came to mind was the Land's End shoe recomended in one of the first few posts......so I'd have to second that.
But, I would recomend putting a small gel insert into it.

I can do that...good idea...

doejeff

I wear Nike walking shoes. I usually by them a few months before my trip to get

used to them. I must admit the Land's End shoe does look comfy & good for the
water rides & rain showers!!! Might be my next purchase.:)

d'Isigny

Original Poster
doejeff said:
I wear Nike walking shoes. I usually by them a few months before my trip to get

used to them. I must admit the Land's End shoe does look comfy & good for the
water rides & rain showers!!! Might be my next purchase.:)

It definately looks the most breathable...

MelBelle

Should've gotten Birkenstocks ;-) Best pair of shoes/sandals you'd ever own. Then of course once you wear them...you'll never want to be out of them. Thus you have to buy a pair for work, for play, for dress...yeah that gets nice and expensive ;-)

miles1

September 2001- I read all the warnings in the "Unofficial Guide" and bought a ridiculously expensive pair of sneakers for the trip (I don't remember the brand). After 2 1/2 days, my feet were two pounds of ground meat.

February 2005- I said the heck with it and wore 6 month old K-mart specials. Walked around for seven days and could have run a marathon when I was done.

The moral of the story is to wear what ever you have around that's comfortable, and it's not necessary to spend a fortune. This way if they do get soaked on SM or Kali, you can always throw them out. :lol:

Pongo

Contrary to most, I ALWAYS wear a pair of flip-flops. My feet always feel fine and they actually hurt the most if I wear real shoes.

But that could just be because the only type of shoe I wear are flip-flops. I only wear real shoes when I run.:D

d'Isigny

Original Poster
MelBelle said:
Should've gotten Birkenstocks ;-) Best pair of shoes/sandals you'd ever own. Then of course once you wear them...you'll never want to be out of them. Thus you have to buy a pair for work, for play, for dress...yeah that gets nice and expensive ;-)

Yeah, but people will make fun of me wearing girl shoes...

d'Isigny

Original Poster
miles1 said:
September 2001- I read all the warnings in the "Unofficial Guide" and bought a ridiculously expensive pair of sneakers for the trip (I don't remember the brand). After 2 1/2 days, my feet were two pounds of ground meat.

February 2005- I said the heck with it and wore 6 month old K-mart specials. Walked around for seven days and could have run a marathon when I was done.

The moral of the story is to wear what ever you have around that's comfortable, and it's not necessary to spend a fortune. This way if they do get soaked on SM or Kali, you can always throw them out. :lol:

These Land&Sea shoes from LandsEnd are comfortable and very light weight. I'm going to do a 5 mile walk tomorrow to test them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom