Comfortable Beds?

nikko

I stayed in a few different moderate and deluxe resorts but I can't seem to find a bed that doesn't leave me with a stiff neck. Any suggestions?

celticdog

Disney probably buys all the beds in bulk to save on costs. From the variety I've slept in, they must get the cheapest ones possible.

I've heard that the Swan and Dolphin's beds are too die for. I've heard that they are pillow-top and really, really comfortable.

Upvote 0

cloudboy

Unfortunately, Disney beds do not seem to be anything special. I find them kind of poor, actually, and if I am in the mood to pay a fortune for a room, I will usually split half my time in a Disney hotel and half my time at a Hilton.

All the Hilton chain of hotels - including Embassy suites, homewood, and Hampton Inn, all have incredible beds - it's one of the things they specialize in. Sometimes the Hilton on Hotel Blvd. has some good deals, think about it for a one night break.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

A lot of the reviews I've read in the past about the Contemporary say that the new beds since the remodel are super-comfy. I don't know if that's true...I'll tell ya after the 9th of December. :D

Upvote 0

macsmom

I had no trouble last year at POP, but this year was a different story. The bed was terrible. For the first few hours after falling asleep, I was up about every half hour. Maybe I'll try the Contemporary next time!

danna

Upvote 0

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I stayed at Beach Club and those beds were COMFY! My travel companion was sick for half of our 9 day trip, therefore spending an OVER ABUNDANCE of time in bed, and she was comfy the entire time.

Upvote 0

AZDISNEYDVL

The beds at the Swan and Dolphin are the Westin Heavenly beds, and yes they are extremely comfortable. I can't say much about the others because the last time I stayed in another hotel on property was when the Treehouses were still open and those beds were pretty comfortable too.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have usually found I get a stiff neck if I do not bring my own pillow....more of a function of pillow height vs the bed itself. I squish it in on top of my luggage each trip and no neck bothers since I did so. Just put it away in the morn or mousekeeping may swap it out.....:lookaroun

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

Our Poly stay was also after the remodel. As mentioned above those beds were comfortable.

Niki

We stayed at the Poly a few weeks ago and I agree that the new beds are very comfy. I usually have a problem with pillows and my neck at hotels but I was pretty pleased this time around. The pillows on the bed were soft but in the closet they had 2 spare pillows that were firm which I thought was nice. I love being surrounded by pillows so it was nice to have so many to choose from.

Upvote 0

DISMOM

On our last trip we found the best bed ever...in a Hampton Inn in Georgia on the way home for about $80/night. There were an abundance of pillows and the mattress was to die for. This was after paying much more than that at the Wilderness Lodge. Good Luck.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

I've not stayed at Swan And Dolphin as of yet, but have stayed in that companies Hotel line and the beds are BEAUTIFULL, we do several conferance's a year and always chose them because of beds and level of service.:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom