Columbus Day Weekend Wdw Photo Update

dzlandSr

Since1976 said:
Wow, how is it that so many rides are having technical problems when it's the off-season?

Or does it just seem like a lot? I know a lot of rides go down intentionally for rehab this time of year. Could it be that many of these are just routine maintenance?

I'm going in less than four weeks, and the last thing I want to see are "closed" signs everywhere I go!

I agree! I'll be there next weekend and being that I can only go every 4 years or so ($$$ and where I live being the top reasons) I want to make sure I get to ride everything (or at least most rides). I don't have a problem with a ride closing for a rehab as long as we are given advanced notice on Disneys website about it. Then I can schedule my vacation when my favorite rides are open.

Uponastar

Great photos! Thanks so much! We leave on Sunday and I sure hope everything that is supposed to be up and running actually is. Dh is upset by the scaffolding on the Train Station. Had to remind him that rehabs are a necessary evil.

celestia

JuanD_20k said:
I went on Pirates the 10th as well.. no problems then

It likely did, but Pirates is designed to get up and running quickly after a stop or evacuation. It usually is open soon after.

Chase24

BeachClub1 said:
As I was saying about all of the break downs:
Splash was also down with "technical difficulties"
and was bone dry
110-1058_IMG.JPG
This is the 1st time I have seen splash without the water. I think its cool that they designed the track / chute to show blend in. Nice Detail. :cool:

Thanks for the Pictures.:wave:

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
Chase24 said:
This is the 1st time I have seen splash without the water. I think its cool that they designed the track / chute to show blend in. Nice Detail. :cool:

Thanks for the Pictures.:wave:

This was also the first time I saw splash dry myself, I've seen Splash down for problems before but the water was always still running.
It is kind of neat how the schute is the color of the mounatin to blend in when these things happen.

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
jmaxwell007 said:
i would have to agree..... i bet EE is the most photgraphed attraction during construction.

thanks for the update. sorry about the closings, gotta be frustrating. acouple of trips ago, we showed up and didnt know Horizons was being destroyed, UoE was under refurb, and I think Tt went down about midday. innoventions was getting a new exhibit or it was just a really boring looking one. we were to poor at the time (college students) to get the parkhopper passes, so we had to live with it.

oh well.

It's funny because when your standing on rocks trying to get pictures over the construction wall, people are stareing at you like 'What are you doing?'

If they only knew :lookaroun

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
disneylands said:
Thats depressing to hear that all of the rides were broken down! I hope you enjoyed you vacation anyway!

We did end up getting on everything we wanted to at Epcot, after running from one side of Future to the other many times to check the status of the ones broken down, Though we never got to ride Splash :cry:

IwishIliveinWDW

I skimmed through most of this traffic and was there from the 2nd till the 11th. The weather during this time frame was a drag, and I have the same weather system over head of me right now. The one caveat I have to the sadness of this story is the I was shocked when I went to the TTC to try and catch a bus to Wilderness Lodge, where I was told that I would have to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, to then catch a bus. Long story short, TTC buses only run to MGM, AK and the waterparks. There are no more hotel buses from TTC. As my computer has crashed and I just got a new one, I thought this might be important to some.

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
Pixiedust1393 said:
Great update, sorry some rides were shut down. Thanks for posting the pics! What's going on with the jumping fountains?

The jumping fountains were getting there own refurb recently (behind a construction wall) and were just getting spruced up, i.e. Painted & Cleaned.

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:
The Land Entrance enhancements look really good, much better than before.:sohappy:

It sure does, crowd flow is 100 times better than before, but it could be made more clear that one side is the entrence and the other is the exit because some people are clueless and walk up the exit against crowd flow and your constantly tripping on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom