Colglazier leaving DL-new sheriff in town from WDW.

D

Deleted member 107043

I’d buy photopass anyway, and that’s extra at WDW. for less than what I’d pay for Memory Maker at WDW, I got photopass for all 5 days of my trip, plus the day of FP digital booking (which I much prefer compared to the prebooking at WDW).

Awesome. I can take my own pictures at no charge. Glad it works for you though.

Angel Ariel

Awesome. I can take my own pictures at no charge. Glad it works for you though.
I take my own pictures too :) it's fun..glad you enjoy it too. I do still like getting photopass as well. it's nice to be able to focus on my daughter during character meets. She needs assistance to communicate at times (uses alternative communication devices), so it's helpful to not deal with my camera and yet still get pictures of those moments.

lazyboy97o

Well we shouldn't judge solely off of previous experience. Remember, people like Marty Sklar and Bob Gurr were chosen by Walt and they had no previous experience in their new roles.
That isn’t true at all. Marty Sklar was a writer hired to be a writer. Bob Gurr has a degree in automotive design and was hired to do automotive design. Their careers grew from that, not a sudden left turn because experienced people are looked down upon for being in their industry.

Curious Constance

That isn’t true at all. Marty Sklar was a writer hired to be a writer. Bob Gurr has a degree in automotive design and was hired to do automotive design. Their careers grew from that, not a sudden left turn because experienced people are looked down upon for being in their industry.

Also, if you're Bob Iger and Bob Chapek, why would want to hire someone as the resort president who may think or act differently than you'd want them to. Bob and Bob have a clear vision of how they want the parks to run now and in the future, and to think they will ever hire in someone who may want to shake that up is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 107043

The pattern of Disney P&R promoting executives and managers from Finance, Marketing, and Consumer Products isn't a coincidence. I believe this is a reflection of their stated strategy to create more and more synergy between the resorts and the studio, and a leader from resort operations likely won't have the set of skills required to do that effectively. Disney hasn't flat out stated that P&R's function it to exclusively develop experiencial activations of its Studio brands, but it's pretty obvious now that's exactly what they are doing, with a few rare exceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricsBiscuit

Marty was a sports writer, not a writer for dialogue. Bob Gurr became a mechanical engineer, he himself has said on many occasions that he had to learn from scratch mechanical engineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom