Colglazier leaving DL-new sheriff in town from WDW.

GiveMeTheMusic

D’Amaro won’t rock the boat. His resume is hilarious though - he was hired into financial planning under Paul Pressler in 1998.

He apparently ran WDW transportation from 2014-17, which means his big contributions were Minnie Vans and Skyliner. Things that would literally make Walt cry.

I don’t have high hopes - more of the same at best.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh god.. I hope everything doesn't get cheaped out like Florida!

TBH I'd like to see more ambitious changes like what's happening at WDW come to DLR. I know the DL faithful like to boast about how much better DLR is than WDW, but the roster of upcoming new amenities and attractions in Florida are far more enticing to me than what's currently in the pipeline for California. For the first time in decades I'm more excited for what's in store for WDW than DLR.

Just today I came across an article describing how WDW has expanded it's mobile app ordering service recently to nearly two dozen restaurants across all four theme parks. Meanwhile, at Disneyland, guests pay a premium for a watered down version of MyMagic+ with fewer benefits. :rolleyes:

No Name

D'Amaro was apparently put in charge of an up-charge events planning group this past summer. Maybe he is heading Club 33 in WDW. I don't know.

And Colglaziers new role is kind of bull. It was created in 2008, maybe @GiveMeTheMusic knows why. But you don't need someone overseeing each resort, someone overseeing half of P&R, and then someone overseeing all of P&R. Get rid of the middle man. Meg's similarly-unneccesary position (US and France half of P&R) began and left with her, and I was expecting the same to happen with Bill Ernest.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

I don’t have high hopes - more of the same at best.
At best, he survives. Do you know how hard it is to remain in an executive level position? Much harder than you think. The constant rotations is another test yet considered a minimum requirement to pack up and move on. In many companies, it’s safer to just stay where he is. He is now exposed to even harsher critics.

TP2000

His LinkedIn page has him going to work at Gillette for five years after college as a financial analyst, then moving to Disneyland in '98. He then worked in Anaheim and Burbank for ten years, and has been in Orlando since 2010 in various finance/marketing jobs that don't seem to have anything to do with theme parks, until that SVP gig in charge of transportation and hotels from 2014-17.

Whatever it is that Chapek sees in him to run Disneyland, it's not apparent from his resume and LinkedIn information.

smile

Whatever it is that Chapek sees in him to run Disneyland, it's not apparent from his resume and LinkedIn information.

i assume you know how relevant that actually is at twdc...
the old chap's from dcp - notice the correlation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom