Coffee...

Soarin' Mama

Original Poster
What is the deal with the coffee situation at WDW?

When we went in 2007 our room had the tiniest little coffee pot with very bitter, weak coffee. Just awful. Now, I'm not exactly a coffee snob. I buy the giant San Fransisco bag at Costco for something like 12 bucks. But I do need a bit of coffee to jump start my morning. The serious lack of decent coffee was one of my only complaints about the world! Some mornings we would walk to Old Port Royale before catching the bus to the parks, but some mornings were just too rushed to make it to the other side of the resort for a mug of coffee.

Any suggestions on where to get a good cuppa joe in each of the parks? On our first full morning of our last (which happened to be our first) trip I went without coffee, we headed to Epcot and rode Test Track. Not a good idea. My head felt like this: :hammer: I don't want to go through that again!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Its the sponsorship they have with NESCAFE

If you want a good cup of joe head over to Kona Island at the Poly!! :wave:
Or right next door to the Kona Cafe for the best coffee on property. The 100% kona press pot is heaven in a cup.

Figment632

Yea the coffee isn't great in WDW but it is down right terrible in DL :shrug: I don't even know if it was the same brand but the entire time I was in Cali I couldn't get a good cup.

lilclerk

I don't understand why iced coffee is so hard to find. I don't think I'll be wanting hot coffee while walking around central FL in the middle of August.

sweetpee_1993

The coffee in Moroco is really good and really strong.....:)

I knew about Kona but didn't think about Morocco. Is the good coffee at the walk-up there? Thanks for the info!

To the OP, in May of '08 when the hubby & I stayed at POFQ w/out the kiddies (*heaven*) I shipped a box of supplies & snacks to myself the week before we arrived. In my box I had my 4 cup coffee pot, filters, pre-measured packets of my coffee from home, and some of the disposable thermal to-go cups w/lids. I picked up Splenda & milk at the food court. I sent my own pot to myself because I've heard of people using in-room pots to clean socks & underwear. The bigger cups were essential because the little shot sized cups they have aren't even close to enough for me. It worked out great. I'd get in the shower, hubby started the coffee, & on the way out the door I'd pour my cup to drink on our way to wherever our destination was. On a side note, I also brought my usual morning oatmeal packets and would mix that a little thin w/hot water from the dispenser in the food court so I could drink/eat it on the way, too. On departure day we shipped a big box back home with the coffee pot inside along with all the treasures we bought our boys during the trip. Worked wonderfully! :wave:

tigsmom

I don't understand why iced coffee is so hard to find. I don't think I'll be wanting hot coffee while walking around central FL in the middle of August.

Because iced coffee (and not those frozen kinds you can get at Starbucks) is a very regional thing. REAL iced coffee is found mainly in the Northeast.

I have to say we (and by we I mean my DH because I don't drink coffee :lookaroun ) have NEVER used a coffee pot that is in the rooms, but always head to the restaurants. Pressed coffee at The Kona Cafe is the way to go

sweetpee_1993

Or right next door to the Kona Cafe for the best coffee on property. The 100% kona press pot is heaven in a cup.

Because iced coffee (and not those frozen kinds you can get at Starbucks) is a very regional thing. REAL iced coffee is found mainly in the Northeast.

I have to say we (and by we I mean my DH because I don't drink coffee :lookaroun ) have NEVER used a coffee pot that is in the rooms, but always head to the restaurants. Pressed coffee at The Kona Cafe is the way to go

I totally looooove pressed coffee but my stomach has a very different feeling about the stuff. It's strange. Drip brewed is fine. French press & I'm running for the bathroom. I suppose it's the oils, etc. I always understood French press to be the best method for extracting the finest flavor from coffee.

I'm with you. Iced coffee isn't as easily found. In the summertime I generally stick w/iced vs. hot, too. I suppose one cold always brew their own pot in the room of extra strong coffee then put it in the fridge overnight. That way on the way out in the morning you can grab some ice & fix your own cup.

sweetpee_1993

Ack! What!?! :eek:

Yep. Tis true. Got that info right along with the lovely gem that the real glasses / mugs in the room sometimes get touched up or dusted by a quick swipe of a rag w/cleaning chemicals on it. Not something I will ever drink out of. Whenever we get into a hotel room even at Disney the 1st thing I do is put all their stuff away. Not using it & don't want the kids to make themselves at home with it either. :hurl::animwink:

flyer31

There are some good places for coffee in some of the parks. In Animal Kingdom, there is a good coffee stand close to the river rapids called Joffreys (I think that is what it is called). In Epcot there are a few places...there is a stand close to the Universe of Energy that is quite good, there is also some stands around world showcase that are good as well, one close to Mexico and the other by Britain. In the MK, I just get the cappucino coffees. If you see a big silver "NESCAFE" machine..RUN, that is the aweful stuff!!! The Kona coffee at the Polynesian is good, and not too sure about the other hotels, but at Coronado Springs, the coffee is pretty good at the coffee bars (not the quick service self serve counter). I am just like Soarin Mama, not a coffee snob, but I do like a decent cup of coffee in the morning!!!

Phonedave

Yep. Tis true. Got that info right along with the lovely gem that the real glasses / mugs in the room sometimes get touched up or dusted by a quick swipe of a rag w/cleaning chemicals on it. Not something I will ever drink out of. Whenever we get into a hotel room even at Disney the 1st thing I do is put all their stuff away. Not using it & don't want the kids to make themselves at home with it either. :hurl::animwink:

I know about the glasses thing. But the coffee pot? Really ?

How do you even clean your underwear in there ?

Wouldn't the sink be a lot easier?

-dave

PurpleDragon

Solution? Stop drinking coffee. :p

I've never been a huge coffee drinker, I usually do sodas in the morning. On occasion I'll drink a flavored coffee or a cappuccino, but I would never use coffee pots in a hotel room, regardless of where I am, there is no telling what people use those things for.

On a side note, can't you just get coffee at the eatery in the resort lobby?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom