News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

captveg

It’d be a great plot of land to build Maleficent’s castle or whatever else without taking away from the OG castle.
Yep. Would be a good place to add to DL's mountain range. Only issue is if there are any height restrictions there, but unlike the DCA side of DF there's already the hotel and parking structure on each side the DL side, so a newer mountain attraction should probably be fine.

Would be great if once you get behind Tiana's to go over the bridge into the land is when you can just see the top of the mountain.

Anyway, back to Coco. Between theming and likely size needed, I do think this will be next to Toy Story Mania as most have speculated.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Coco dark/boat ride at DCA is a dream come true. One wonders if they’ve set unrealistic expectations via the Pirates/Mansion comparison. Taken at face value, this is spectacular news. Given WDI’s middling recent D-tickets, however, we should probably expect something much less impressive than suggested.

BrianLo

Perfection. I’m very, very happy with DCA’s slate. It will really help shake off the cob webs of being in running for Disneys worst park.

Doesn’t seem likely on the heels of DL Forward and all the expansion plots. It would be hard for me to see them removing Monsters Inc and Little Mermaid. You’d be losing two family friendly rides to gain two family friendly rides albeit much better ones.
If the rumors of Avatar going into an expanded version of Hollywoodland + Bus area, wouldn't they get rid of Monsters? It is in between those two areas.

Th3 DUd3

A wasted imagineering idea. We could have had another Peter Pan ride that wasn’t a black ride but still kid friendly. No, we had to jump on the Groupon and get two boat rides for one coupon. While I love the fact that we get Coco, a favorite of mine, I do not appreciate that the imagineers couldn’t think of something outside their Imagineering, I would have loved and preferred a Peter Pan style ride, but 3x longer. With the alebrije as a center for the ride transportation. DLR resort got the short end of the stick once again where they give all the money where the WDW can take advantage of.

Th3 DUd3

P.S.
Disneyland forward will be a rinse and repeat of every ip already done. Disney will NEVER EVER do anything to make Disneyland a primary source of income. Disneyland’s future sadly is based on other parks success. If it wasn’t, they would get rid of the autopia and the submarine ride (which the autopia rides under and make a transformational change to the park. Nope, WDW is first, why? Epic Universe. Let’s keep counting how many years the DLR gets hosed for projects elsewhere.

mickEblu

Original Poster
P.S.
Disneyland forward will be a rinse and repeat of every ip already done. Disney will NEVER EVER do anything to make Disneyland a primary source of income. Disneyland’s future sadly is based on other parks success. If it wasn’t, they would get rid of the autopia and the submarine ride (which the autopia rides under and make a transformational change to the park. Nope, WDW is first, why? Epic Universe. Let’s keep counting how many years the DLR gets hosed for projects elsewhere.

Do you mean clones or IP? You expect all the parks to use all different IP? The Avatar, Avengers and Coco rides are all original. I get that your assuming that Coco will use the same track they have at the Mexico Pavillion Epcot (which we have no idea that’s true) but what about the Avatar and Avenger rides? DCA in general has a bunch of original rides.

Th3 DUd3

Do you mean clones or IP? You expect all the parks to use all different IP? The Avatar, Avengers and Coco rides are all original. I get that you’re assuming that Coco will use the same track they have at the Mexico Pavillion Epcot (which we have no idea that’s true) but what about the Avatar and Avenger rides? DCA in general has a bunch of original rides.
No sir. I respect and have always appreciated your dialect and arguments. For everyone, what entices you the most when you want to go to different rides? It’s different. In the basic terms of things I, of course would go on Coco as much as I go on Ariel’s. It doesn’t mean it’s a good ride. This is my point. What is a good ride and sadly it’s not about how many people ride the ride. It’s not how many people enjoy the ride. It’s also not as many as people stop ballooning….things. Geesh. DLR will always lose to the secondary Magic Kingdom.

SuddenStorm

Just gonna share these posts from 2021 and 2022 here, haha!

Beyond being a solid film Coco became a cultural phenomenon. It's perfectly suited for a ride in the parks, far more so then many others.

Coco getting the Pirates treatment is really a wish of mine, and I doubt that's what would happen but dang it'd be cool.

Even though it's IP- I've always thought the idea of a Coco dark boat ride like Pirates would be amazing. The aesthetics would be perfect and the music is solid.

Not to mention Coco is a Mexican cultural phenomenon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom