Rumor Coco attraction coming to DCA

britain

I would rather have Coco on the Pier but in regards to the goofy sky scool area, i think this would be possible and it would increase the footprint for another much needed dark ride in the western area of the park.

1) remove jumpin jellyfish and if needed move it over to the large green area between grizzley rapids and soarin. There is plenty of room for this ride that takes a small footprint and still be able to preserve the nicely dense landscape. For better fit in the area and to keep hide it from the hotel a reroute of the main walkway could be easily accomplished. The new ride would be rethemed to parachutes/smokejumpers. This will keep the parks attraction count and at the same time give families with small children that nearby ride that they could experience while the taller children ride Soarin.

I placed the attraction to scale in the area i am suggesting in the picture below. Not only would it be heavily landscaped with existing trees but they also have the perfect plane prop right next to it.

View attachment 442921

2) now with the jumping jellyfish removed, that piece of land along with the hidden walkway - the almost unnoticeable sand pit behind and the beer shack would be leveled off. This new piece of land would be the new 2 story location for an eatery/seaside bar and restroom faiclity. The location would consist of the main first floor that has the walk up windows and some seating. The second floor would be similar to Hungry bear eating area but themed to match the seaside theme. To add seating area the bottom of the silly symphony section could be turned into a nice lounge area similar to what they did with the lamplight lounge but non reservation.

In the picture below i placed the garden grill and restroom facility for size comparison in this area. The piece of land is actually a bit larger than those two buildings actually take. They would obviously design a structure that fits the properties shape and location and maybe even reclaim some of the oddly shaped water entries in that area using wooden boardwalk features. The eatery should be designed so that the structure nests against the parade route as much as possible and create seating area along the waters edge if possible in the first floor.

3) re-align the parade route section that runs east to west. push the parade route south several feet so that it cradles this new area and then relocate the entry arch for the Paradise garden area so that it now faces south east-doing this will add several feet to the property used by the corn dog castle, vending carts and goofy extended queue area.

4) eliminate the garden grill and restroom facility which has now bee relocated to the former jumping jellyfish,beer shack sand pit area. use the piece of property where the garden grill was to be turned into the yearly festival section. This section would have a relocated gazebo and wooden covering that nestles the goofy sky scool ride. The removed restroom area would be the main point for attraction backstage access.

The only issue would be that the large show building would tower the garden area which might be ok if they create some nicely themed facades that bring life to the area using props-Think the flower market or new Orleans square.

I thinkt he main goal that WDI needs to consider is to maximize park space and add capacity to the park. Paradise area is lacking in attractions that the whole family can enjoy together. The attractions that are there might be to intense for several members of the family and even if they are not they have to close for WOC. The closure of those attractions leaves half of the park with little to do and if you include Hollywood picture backlot then you have most of the park that is lacking of things to do in the evening.

Even the small change of the jumping jelly fish to the grizzley area allows that simple attraction to stay open all day in an area that also goes dead because people don't like to get wet in evenings on rapids when it gets chilly and when the playgorund is closed because its dark leaving only Soarin.

View attachment 442928

It could be cool if Paradise Garden Grill was adapted to provide “in-show building” views of the Coco boats. All the best boat rides have ‘em!

Disney Analyst

I wonder if the large parade building behind Incredicoaster is something that can be replaced. seems like they have no plans for DCA to get a parade back since they cover the parade route with food booths a good chunk of the year. It would be a great place to build a large show building and then use most of the midway games for queue space.

I know the back roads have to stay there behind DCA because its used as a bypass but last few times i have been thru there i have noticed that the power lines only hover over half of the property. the area directly below it is used as the bypass road and the other half of the property that consist of another two lanes and some oddly placed parking spaces is separated by semi permanent cones. This area is used to store junk so its obvious that it is not needed anymore for the required bypass.
If they were to reclaim that piece of land they can easily reroute the backstage road and increase the footprint of the parade building area.View attachment 442894

Wait does DCA have two parade buildings? I thought this was the parade building?

8ACDF8B0-1C6B-49C6-8968-60F2624EB3BA.jpeg

Ismael Flores

Wait does DCA have two parade buildings? I thought this was the parade building?

View attachment 442969

The original parade building is behind screamin/ behind midway games. that is where they had Eureka floats. then that went away and they added
a pixar parade with huge floats that dis showstops and also electrical parade so they built a second building.

since they have no parade i dont even know what they use them for.

i know part of the one you circled has electronics for woc but not sure what else.unless they keep the festival booths in one

disneylandcm

The original parade building is behind screamin/ behind midway games. that is where they had Eureka floats. then that went away and they added
a pixar parade with huge floats that dis showstops and also electrical parade so they built a second building.

since they have no parade i dont even know what they use them for.

i know part of the one you circled has electronics for woc but not sure what else.unless they keep the festival booths in one
The Electrical Parade building is used for WOC equipment and repairs and also houses Viva Navidad and the Cars when they are being repaired and (possibly?) stored.

I’ve seen the original parade building used to store the Frightfully Fun Parade and they dismantled Pixar Play there. Also attached to that building are the Pier Attractions offices. It does seem like infrastructure from that building could be moved, altered, or made less redundant for the benefit of a Coco attraction.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I would rather have Coco on the Pier but in regards to the goofy sky scool area, i think this would be possible and it would increase the footprint for another much needed dark ride in the western area of the park.

1) remove jumpin jellyfish and if needed move it over to the large green area between grizzley rapids and soarin. There is plenty of room for this ride that takes a small footprint and still be able to preserve the nicely dense landscape. For better fit in the area and to keep hide it from the hotel a reroute of the main walkway could be easily accomplished. The new ride would be rethemed to parachutes/smokejumpers. This will keep the parks attraction count and at the same time give families with small children that nearby ride that they could experience while the taller children ride Soarin.
If you put them here, I hope the guests don't like to walk around naked in their hotel room.

Ismael Flores

If you put them here, I hope the guests don't like to walk around naked in their hotel room.

LOL, that shouldn't be an issue though. The the two floors of the hotel tower that runs west to east is used for the World of Disney. The rooms don't start till about the height of the third floor.

The tower that runs north to south also doesn't have rooms in what can be considered the two bottom floors. They are used for the Napa Rose facility. I think we would be ok add to that the tree growth and any hanging body parts would be obscured.

Blu

Would love to see anything (coco is great) take over paradise park. My family remarks annually on how that area fells more santa cruise boardwalk than Disney. The rides are all forgettable and while the flex space nature of paradise gardens is important, that could be relocated.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Would love to see anything (coco is great) take over paradise park. My family remarks annually on how that area fells more santa cruise boardwalk than Disney. The rides are all forgettable and while the flex space nature of paradise gardens is important, that could be relocated.
I agree. Plus, Coco is HUGE here in California as Mexican Culture is apart of our history as a state. I wouldn't be mad if they changed Paradise Park into some type of Mexican Culture/Dia De Los Muertos land.

Blu

I agree. Plus, Coco is HUGE here in California as Mexican Culture is apart of our history as a state. I wouldn't be mad if they changed Paradise Park into some type of Mexican Culture/Dia De Los Muertos land.

Far better than what’s there now, or getting a ratatouille land. Fits the DCA theme to a tee. I like Ismael’s idea above also about placing a large eatery on the water where the jumping jellyfish and beach are as sort of a sister food location to the lamp lounge, but framed around coco in this scenario.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom