Coca-Cola Store at Disney Springs

WDWBryan

There $30 limited edition bottle doesn't even have coke in it :hilarious:

They were still working on the elevator when I visited today. Guess another ride that's still having teething problems

21stamps

I do not love the soda called Coca Cola. But I sure do love the freestyle machines! Though five refills in one hour sounds more like a challenge than anything else. How do they keep track of it? Do you have to scan something? I think it would be better to just go on an honor system and allow unlimited refills. I've noticed that when you put a lot of trust in human nature, people usually respect that.

As for the store itself, I think the exterior looks great. The rooftop area looks really nice. And I like the ramps. But the interior, from the pictures, looks a bit too boring and too much like any other plain wall store. Overall though, I love how the store looks.

Don't exactly know why they need to serve alcohol. Last I checked, Coca Cola does not produce any alcoholic beverages. Thumbs up for that. Thumbs down for feeling the need to serve alcohol here, as that does nothing to promote their business (in fact, it could do the opposite) and almost gives the feeling of a lack of complete faith in their own product. Just my opinion. I don't drink so I'm biased.

The meet and greet is a good idea. I like that.

Overall, great addition to Disney Springs.
I don't drink it- but I think "Rum and Coke" is a vastly common and well known drink, even if Coca Cola doesn't own the rum. The only soda/alcohol combo I like is Bacardi Limon & Sprite, fairly common and still a coke product.
I don't think a lot of people will equate alcohol offerings with a 'lack of faith' in their own product.

I think the Atlanta store is cool, but this one at Disney Springs isn't on my wish list. Actually none of the stores are besides 2- Sprinkles and a pair of hand painted Toms from Sammy Duvall's :). But I think it's awesome that they've added all of this, not everyone has access to all of these stores where they live.

raven

I was there earlier today. Not what I was expecting. Just a giant store with a Soarin'-esque ramp to the top of the building (aka, nothing to see long the way). Then when you get to the top there's nothing much there. And $8 to sample drinks? I'll stick with Club Cool.

raven

I sure do love the freestyle machines! Though five refills in one hour sounds more like a challenge than anything else. How do they keep track of it?
And how many people are going to sit up there for an hour? There's no entertainment or even food up there. Just tables and chairs.

...besides 2- Sprinkles and a pair of hand painted Toms from Sammy Duvall's :). But I think it's awesome that they've added all of this, not everyone has access to all of these stores where they live.
Sprinkles is $52 for a dozen cupcakes! :eek:

While it may be true that not all people have a place to visit these stores in their own hometowns, these are not the types of stores that attract a huge amount of people either. They were hand selected because of of the clientele those stores bring in (the type that Disney is now aiming at). This is supposed to be the busiest weekend of the summer and there was just no one there when I went earlier today. The guests who were around were just walking by and not actually shopping. No bags in hand or anything. Sadly, I think this is the way it's going to be from here on out. And the place looks very abandoned because only about 1/3 of the buildings are actually occupied. Reminds me of the Festival Bay mall before they converted it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I was there earlier today. Not what I was expecting. Just a giant store with a Soarin'-esque ramp to the top of the building (aka, nothing to see long the way). Then when you get to the top there's nothing much there. And $8 to sample drinks? I'll stick with Club Cool.

I think a bar is opening up there soon. With alcohol.

21stamps

And how many people are going to sit up there for an hour? There's no entertainment or even food up there. Just tables and chairs.

Sprinkles is $52 for a dozen cupcakes! :eek:

While it may be true that not all people have a place to visit these stores in their own hometowns, these are not the types of stores that attract a huge amount of people either. They were hand selected because of of the clientele those stores bring in (the type that Disney is now aiming at). This is supposed to be the busiest weekend of the summer and there was just no one there when I went earlier today. The guests who were around were just walking by and not actually shopping. No bags in hand or anything. Sadly, I think this is the way it's going to be from here on out. And the place looks very abandoned because only about 1/3 of the buildings are actually occupied. Reminds me of the Festival Bay mall before they converted it.
You don't have to buy the dozen though! Seriously they are the best cupcakes I've had in my life..so unfortunately for my waistline, I'll be hitting up Ghiradelli AND Sprinkles when in the area lol.

Orlando has so much shopping though, a lot of these same stores, as well as most big cities, so now for tourists (who don't have these stores) they can stay within Disney property to shop at one.

The only positive for me is that if I forget something (last time forgot my flat iron and eye cream), this time I would be able to go pick up semi easily without having to call a friend to rescue me.lol. But I definitely am frightened by the crowds these places will bring- especially on Black Friday-- so I hope you are right about people staying away! Or hopefully(selfishly) they'll just be shopping and the places/activities on our list won't be as crowded.

lazyboy97o

It's been more than "several" years. I worked with a ton of Italians several years back who are in their 30s and 40s and they'd never even heard of Beverly. They asked their family and friends back home and none of them had heard of it either. LOL!
Given the type of beverage it is I could see where it was not often ordered by name. It was not supposed to be consumed like a soda. But even, production completely stopped in 2009.

The ramp really does seem like a bizarre design choice.

raven

You don't have to buy the 6 though! Seriously they are the best cupcakes I've had in my life..so unfortunately for my waistline, I'll be hitting up Ghiradelli AND Sprinkles when in the area lol.

Orlando has so much shopping though, a lot of these same stores, as well as most big cities, so now for tourists (who don't have these stores) they can stay within Disney property to shop at one.

The only positive for me is that if I forget something (last time forgot my flat iron and eye cream), this time I would be able to go pick up semi easily without having to call a friend to rescue me.lol. But I definitely am frightened by the crowds these places will bring- especially on Black Friday-- so I hope you are right about people staying away! Or hopefully(selfishly) they'll just be shopping and the places/activities on our list won't be as crowded.
Hate to be the one to first inform you, but a "dozen" is 12. ;)

But the place just looks sad currently. You can tell it was meant to be big and spectacular but it comes across barren and abandoned. There are at least 3 other places in Orlando to shop most of these stores without going into tourist areas. Certainly as a local I wouldn't be going anywhere near this place to shop at those stores. It means driving into Disney property, being in tourist and bus traffic, and adding an upcharge to my bill simply because they are located there.

21stamps

Hate to be the one to first inform you, but a "dozen" is 12. ;)

But the place just looks sad currently. You can tell it was meant to be big and spectacular but it comes across barren and abandoned. There are at least 3 other places in Orlando to shop most of these stores without going into tourist areas. Certainly as a local I wouldn't be going anywhere near this place to shop at those stores. It means driving into Disney property, being in tourist and bus traffic, and adding an upcharge to my bill simply because they are located there.
Lol I changed it right away, I didn't pay attention at first.. Haven't been to Orlando store, but in Chicago you can buy a 6 pack. So I automatically assumed that's what you were referring to. Don't know why someone on vacation would need 12. But to each their own.

Right, you as a local won't be hanging out at Disney Springs on the regular, but for the tourists staying at Disney they have to leave property, and get their own transportation to go to Mall at Millenia etc... And a lot of people from small towns probably don't have a Kate Spade etc.. So for them it may be exciting. I mean these aren't Gucci, Chanel, Louboutin stores. They're high end but still generally affordable.

I don't think these stores Coke, Sephora, Kate Spade etc mean that they are pandering to a wealthy clientele. Everyone is entitled to an opinion though.

raven

Right, you as a local won't be hanging out at Disney Springs on the regular, but for the tourists staying at Disney they have to leave property, and get their own transportation to go to Mall at Millenia etc... And a lot of people from small towns probably don't have a Kate Spade etc.. So for them it may be exciting. I mean these aren't Gucci, Chanel, Louboutin stores. They're high end but still generally affordable.
Even as a local I don't go to these stores. They are just too posh for my taste and look rather odd in Disney Springs (rather on Disney property) anyway. People don't take a Disney vacation for high-end shopping. They don't mix with the whole "Disney" experience at all. Like oil and water.
I was hoping there was going to be a museum on the 2nd floor, maybe a few interactive exhibits.
I was too! But when I got up there it was just more retail. :(

KikoKea

Even as a local I don't go to these stores. They are just too posh for my taste and look rather odd in Disney Springs (rather on Disney property) anyway. People don't take a Disney vacation for high-end shopping. They don't mix with the whole "Disney" experience at all. Like oil and water.
I was too! But when I got up there it was just more retail. :(

I agree about the stores. Wish they had a few that were moderately priced. We walk around and look, but rarely buy anything there other than a meal. But, the new area and it's water features look great and we're looking forward to seeing it, particularly at night.

DaBears81

Disney food blog posted some pics of the flights or samplers (I don't recall what they are called). They seem to be at least 8oz cups not just the shots like at club cool. So it's actually not a bad value in my opinion especially for the floats. With that said I don't know about a full glass of Beverly! Haha

Though five refills in one hour sounds more like a challenge than anything else. How do they keep track of it? Do you have to scan something? I think it would be better to just go on an honor system and allow unlimited refills. I've noticed that when you put a lot of trust in human nature, people usually respect that.
I think it's the same as the resorts: RFID and scans the cup. Even the disposable paper cups have a rfid chip. It's probably 1 hr from first fill.

Jon81uk

Is it similar to Atlanta at all? Worth a visit or just more about buying Coke gear?

I was hoping there was going to be a museum on the 2nd floor, maybe a few interactive exhibits.

From the photos the new Coke store looks exactly what I expected. It's the same as the one in Las Vegas, two floors of Coke merchandise and a bar area selling sampling trays.
Anyone who was expecting more than a store and a bar set their expectations wrong.

Also someone was saying about it just being a store full of Coke branded stuff, you could say the same about World of Disney being a store full of Disney branded stuff. I'm more likely to buy a t-shirt with the Coke logo or Sprite on it as I am to buy one with Mickey Mouse or the awful DisneyWorld 2016 logo.

Last edited:

matt9112

I agree about the stores. Wish they had a few that were moderately priced. We walk around and look, but rarely buy anything there other than a meal. But, the new area and it's water features look great and we're looking forward to seeing it, particularly at night.

we do the same. fyi its really nice at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom