CMs - Why Do You Do What You Do?

Craig & Lisa

To answer Riverside Bunny:

You are able to accuse someone of harrassment. You can come up with a vague reference. The person can be given a reprimand and not given details as to what exactly happened because that would give away your identity and put you in danger. A few months later when they check on you, you can say it still happens...reprimand #2. A few months later...still happening...reprimand #3...the person is terminated. No real investigation.

If you want to advance in the company, managers will call a lot of your previous managers to get input. Even if everyone says you are wonderful, if one person has a bug up their butt and says they have "reservations" about you, you don't move up.

At the end of the year, when it comes time for evaluations, it is a round the table thing with managers. If one person has issues with you, you don't get a good raise.

You accidently forgot something. A simple mistake that should simply take a "please don't do it again." discussion. Some ego challenged person decides to give you a double reprimand about it.

If they want to get you, the proceedures are in place to be able to do it.

The proceedures are in place to prevent inadequate people from advancing or remaining. However, they can get abused by people who are so insecure that they feel the need to step on other people in order to lift themselves up in the world.
Unfortunatly what you are saying is true in all areas of employment, not just Disney. However, I'm a firm believer in that if I don't deserve to be treated or talked to in whatever manner I will not stand there and take it. Just because they are my supervisor does NOT give them the right to speak to me that way, and I will tell them that, an example to this, I told my mgr after he started on me for something that I had nothing to do with that I wouldn't let my father talk to me that way what makes you think I'll let you. I'm still working there after 15 years too, respect is not given it is earned from all parties.

Gorjus

I wouldn't let my father talk to me that way what makes you think I'll let you. I'm still working there after 15 years too, respect is not given it is earned from all parties.

AAAAHHHHH, the joy of Disney is that they teach managers to talk to you in Disney-ese. It is generally respectful, but so full of baloney that you want to laugh. They don't talk in everyday language. They use language that legally could be taken in a number of ways. It is frustrating to talk to a manager or someone who wants to be a manager.

Wbnemo1

naw, it's easy....just don't let them talk down to you,it's disrespectful, especially on stage..and........they aren't allowed, regardless of what they might tell you
Cheers
Babs

Jane1

yup, i got that all the time, being told we're not british enough on stage, huh?? we're representing our country, so we will act how we act and live everyday thank u very much. and talk of disrespect and loosing all morals - we had to, no choice in it at all, had to dance outside our restaurant doing the hokey pokey!!!!! if we didn't , we got termed!!! all true!

and i was having a laugh and a bit of a joke one day whilst i was training, next thing i was being talked down to - basically u're not allowed to have fun!!! put in the office and everything - and at that time, if you had to go to the office, that meant, you're out of america basically, one month i was there they had a termination spree, one whole arrival group got termed, for nothing!!!!! unbelievable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom