CM's who show the magic

Trishnh

Original Poster
after replying to the post about pet peeves, I thought I'd start a thread on nice things CMs do to show the magic..

WE have come across many CMs who 'go the extra mile' to make our stay magical.

Two who come to mind both worked at MGM. The first one we met in 2000, Sunny, and my kids loved her. We showed up early to get a good spot to watch the parade and she was'guarding' the walk way near us. She was very nice and actually asked people to move if they tried to block the walk way or cram in next to us or in front of us. Later she was us at Fantasmic and helped us get good seats.

The second one, Deb, we met last year and she was just awesome. She noticed my daughter has Down Syndrome and was standing right next to us during the parade. She asked who my daughters favorite characters were and if she was afraid of any. I told her she loved them all and was not afraid of any of them. She went out of her way to get the characters attention and had them all come over to give my daughter some attention during the parade! My daughter was in heaven!! It was really awesome!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Just thought i'd share the magic! Anyone else have any stories about CM's who went above and beyond?

venooch333

The CM's in World Showcase seem to go extra mile for us!! But i think it is probably only because they are bored and want someone to talk too!!:lol: :lol: :king:

hoppypooh

The day after our WDW wedding, my husband lost his wedding band... it slipped off in the All Star Music guitar pool. The lifeguard on duty stayed almost 2 hours after his shift combing the pool bottom with me. :)

Tom

Beta Return
Kudos to all those Cast Members who go the extra mile and make our stays even more magical.

We know that the Florida sun can get to you, and rude guests can wear on you, but keeping that smile (even if it is fake) just makes it more enjoyable for us guests!

I wish I had a story about a Cast Member who was overly nice, or friendly, or went out of their way for me - but I don't. I only have stories of ones I'd rather kick in the teeth than commend, but I won't do that in this thread!

Beside, those bad ones just make the good ones look even better!!!! :D

AkEverestAK

a man named ant was working the tomorrowland transit authority and was very awesome and showed the magic.
a man who was working the backlot tour was nice and talked to us. he was very fun too.

Steamboat_Kevin

Our waiter at the California Grill (I think his name was Ron) was such a great example of a CM who shows the magic. He stayed and talked with us and told us some very interesting stories. He quizzed my cousin and I on our history knowledge (he was a history buff) and when we got them right, he gave me a Bicentennial quarter, and my cousin a different coin which I don't remember the name of (He was an avid coin collector)
He really made that night for me :sohappy:
-Kevin
PS. Hoppypooh, did your husband ever find his wedding band?

Jungle Skipper

This is a great thread...godo CMS are too often over shadowed by bad ones....THere was a girl at the Disney Clothiers in Jan named Vanessa who was abslutly great! She was on the CP from Salsbury College I think (sp?) She was awesome! Three cheers for Vanessa!

Jungle Josh

worfbb77

I have One that comes to mind and a whole group. Julie - I think - was also at the California Grill went that extra mile durring our dinner. It was our Honeymoon & wife's b-day. She did a great job to go over the top for us. Felt like we were the only ones there that night.

For the group EVERY single person at AK was fantastic, I just can't say enough great things about them. Made the trip for us.

Disneygrl36

Great thread. I've experienced many more nice CM's than bad ones. We went on a behind-the-magic tour dec 02 & our guide was excellent & very informative & knowledgeable. It was awesome. I think it must be hard to be nice all the time, but most cast members seem to do it well. With all the things said about the "characters" lately, I want to say that I have always had wonderful & fun experiences interacting with my favorites & think they do a great job of making even grown-ups smile & making me feel like a kid again. Good job Disney World CM's....:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

no2apprentice

Having stayed on property twice, both experiences were wonderful. All the CM's were polite, friendly, helpful, and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.

Having visited the parks four times (with kids), not once did I encounter a rude CM. All have been wonderful. One of the best CM's we've ever talked to, was at World of Disney. She had been a fan of Disney all her life, and knew quite a bit of background and trivia. She was more experienced with life, probably in her late fifties. Fortunately it was first thing in the morning, and still slow, because we talked to her for about fifteen minutes.

Maybe it will happen some day, maybe not. But we've never had a bad CM experience.:D

cherrynegra

I had a wonderful experience with two CMs over at Jiko and Boma. There were so friendly and wonderful to talk to. They really made our dining experience wonderful. I only wish I remembered their names. Hope to see them again next year.

sum41914

When we got stuck on Splash Mountian a couple years ago, The cast Member that helpped us all out of the logs kept with the splash mountiain theme with the accent but you could tell it was fake becuase like every other word came out in like Boston accent relly funny.

skeeter

What a wonderful thread! I have encountered so many wonderful people at each park and each resort that I have visited. For anyone that has to work with the public, I can attest that it can be a real challenge to maintain a positive attitude all of the time. We have distractions too (headaches, worrying about the bills, etc.). I was at the Disney Store at Downtown Disney once when I saw a little boy knock over an entire stack of freshly folded shirts. The employee (female) that came over started to help the little boy when the little boy's dad said "don't worry, she will get it. That's what she gets paid to do." The employee just smiled and said "that's okay, I'll get it." She was so pleasant--I just wanted to deck that dad.:hammer:

johnvree

I have always been impressed with the CMs at WDW. I can't think of any bad experiences. While I am sure that some of the CMs I have interacted with have just been so-so, the vast majority have been outstanding.

I have definitely taken the exceptional CMs for granted. Next trip, I'm taking names. :animwink:

kal1484

Hey all!! I'm a CM, and just to let you all know, getting recognition for making magic is an awesome thing. So if someone does truely "make magic" tell them, or give their name to guest services. It's always nice to know you made someones day, or even just made some magic. :)

Captain Hank

During my trip last week, I came in contact with some exceptional CM's. In particular, there was one at the Epcot camera center and two at the Mission Space gift shop. You see, I was on a quest to get a neck strap for my digital camera. However, nothing seemed to quite fit. The CM at the camera center went out of his way, patiently explaining all the different options and how to modify some of the straps (none of which, unfortunately, were feasable while on vacation). He even suggested that I try one of the Coke bottle neckstraps (which didn't quite fit, either). Also, two CM's at the Mission Space gift shop tried to make one of the lanyards for the name badges fit my camera. One even went in the back and brought out a tool kit to work with the clip. Unfortunately, it didn't work, but I was amazed that they took the time to help me. I'm really glad that even with some CM's around that couldn't care less (I ran into a few of those too) some remain that really showcase the "Disney Magic."

Moustronaut

Our waiter Sam at Yachtsman Steakhouse was the most magical CM my wife and I have ever experienced.

He gave us wonderful service. Turns out he went to school near Atlanta and has friends that still live very close to us. Spent a lot of time chatting about way things have changed threre. Then after dinner was over, he brought my wife a single red rose.

Simply magical.

gtgivens

There was a CM that worked in the store below the castle. She was great and told us hints on how to beat out my parents on the Buzz Lightyear game. She was great and brought out some "Disney magic" out in all of us. Great experience.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Remember to recognize them there!

I just wanted to reiterate what wdwprincess03 said. I'ts hard to remember names for too long (as can be seen here), but we all have had special interactions on our vacations.

Take 5 minutes out of your visit to formally recognize a cast member before leaving the park. It means a lot to them (the ones that make the effort) and helps to keep the magic alive.

Many really deserve it!

sarajo

We've had the opportunity to be around three excellent CM's over the past few years. They go out of their way to make our trips "above and beyond" by helping us with PS, special events, etc. They work in guest relations and their names are Trent, Cortney, and Laurie. Having dealt with them several times now, I feel privileged to call them friends, too.

There is also a really neat lady that works the GF concierge lounge (and has been there since we've been staying there). A couple of years ago, they quit serving the bran muffins during breakfast, and my father-in-law was upset. He mentioned it to her... and every morning after that, she would make some of those bran muffins for him and bring them over to him when we would arrive. Now, isn't that pretty cool! I wish I could remember her name... but she has always been so friendly and helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom