CM's who show the magic

esauerh

Here are a couple of CM stories...

When I went to WDW by myself in Oct 03, I was to hang out with friends of mine who live in Orlando. They happened to tell me right before I got there that they would be out of town except for the morning I was leaving. I was staying at Yacht Club concierge, and was telling the CMs about it. I had bought my tik to Not-So-Scary-Halloween and everything. When the CMs heard about it, they invited me to go with them. So, I met up with 3 CMs that night and their families/friends for a great evening at MNSSH. I still keep in touch with them via e-mail.

When I went back in Dec 03 with my partner, we stayed at Yacht Club concierge so I could see them again. One of the days, the elevator came up to the floor and there was a girl who had her arm stuck between the elevator hand rail and the elevator wall. At first, I thought she was lost (she was about 7 or 8 I think), but then I realized that she was stuck and in pain. So, I called for my CM friends at the concierge, and we made all sorts of calls (including to her parents) to get her unstuck. She was a little traumatized, but she pulled through.

So, if you go to Yacht Club and stay on the concierge, Trever, Annalisa, and Teresa are the best!!!!

I just got back with a friend of mine who hasn't been there in 10 years (poor fellow).

There is a server at Brown Derby at MGM -- Titi -- and she is simply great. We stayed for at least 2 hours and making her evening. She took really good care of us.

And there is a server at Tony's Town Square at MK -- Princes...yes, I swear her name is Princess -- who sat down at our table to chat for a little. During the course of the evening, I got a call on my cell phone from my friends in Orlando. She stopped by the table, proceeded to snatch the phone from my hands, talked to my friend on the phone, and then announced to the whole restaurant that "This young man doesn't know you shouldn't take your cell phone on vacation. On the count of 3, I want you to say 'Hello, Vicki'." Needless to say, everyone did. :lol:

But, Titi and Princess got huge tips out of it. I would go back there and visit them in a heartbeat.

cherrynegra

You know, after reading everyone's stories, I'm really going to go out of my way to thank the CMs who make my next trip special. And hopefully since I plan on heading to WDW twice a year from now on, I'll make some new friends who can enable me with my addicition with WDW.:lol:

Senderella

Originally posted by cherrynegra
You know, after reading everyone's stories, I'm really going to go out of my way to thank the CMs who make my next trip special. And hopefully since I plan on heading to WDW twice a year from now on, I'll make some new friends who can enable me with my addicition with WDW.:lol:

I posted this awhile back & never got any responses. Does the WWWD site still work? I'd like to get some of those pins you give to extra special CMs. Besides a gracious "thank you" (which comes out of my mouth multiple times on a daily basis anyways to people I interact with like at restaurants or drive thru windows or my husband etc) what's another great/creative way to thank a great CM if the WWWD pins are unavailable? Especially for a right then & there sort of thing. I'm never lucky enough to run into a great server or anyone extra helpful a second time. :brick:

Pixmel

Originally posted by Senderella
I'm curious. If someone gives a CM's name to gues services for doing a great job what happens? Do the CMs get some sort of "Hey someone reported you went the extra mile today. Good job!" at the end of the shift or something? How does that work? How do the CMs find out?

For the most part..........yes, we are told when someone reports us by name for what we did, and in most cases, it goes into our personnel file as well. We can receive what are called "Great Service Fanatic" cards from our managers or other CMs which we get a copy to keep for our files. Or if a letter is written, a copy of the letter goes in our personnel file as well.

You can contact Guest Relations, the store that it took place in or if you know the department or usual working place of the CM, you can send it there as well (Some CM's like me don't actually have a "home location" and work in several different shops/areas each day).

If you're not sure and you really want to make sure the right place gets the message, thank the CM and ask them directly who they need to contact.

I can assure you, it will definitely brighten the CM's whole day!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom