CM Costumes

justducky78

It's not at one of the parks... but I love the costumes the mousekeepers wear at the Yacht/Beach Club. Those big puffy skirts are too cute! Although - I can't imagine it being easy or comfortable to clean in those clothes (mousekeeping). :veryconfu

Scooter

I would Kill for one of those EPCOT shirts that the castmembers wear.
You know, the purple shirts with all the Spaceship Earth Globes on them.
I keep checking E-Bay hoping I'll see one there some day.:eek:

jiminy.cricket

I'm finally here! Out of the costumes I've seen, my favorite so far is the PAC/Main Street costume. It looks...official? It's more like a uniform; really sharp and snazzy. Not too interesting, though. It's way better than my normal outfit, though. The Electric Umbrella costumes have this retro-futuristic look. I think Disney took all the fabric/patterns companies didn't sell or just never updated the costumes or both. It's a regular collared shirt, but it's loud. Like covering a blackboard with highlighters loud. Haha, I don't really hate it though, and I don't complain about it too much. It's just funny when I talk about it. It's actually not too bad, or at least it's grown on me. I should stop badmouthing my costume.

imagineersrock

Captain Hank said:
Nothing beats a teal polo shirt and kahki shorts. :)
Haha I remember that one too, it was actually a pretty comfortable costume lol...

As far as favorites go... I'd have to say Tower of Terror, Soarin', Mission: Space (they look pretty comfy), and hello---Kilimanjaro Safaris! :cool:

Honestly, maybe I'm biased but I think overall AK has some of the best costumes, especially in regards to fitting in to their specific themed locations. All of the costumes throughout Africa are really quite something, Asia has some beautiful costumes as well (minus Kali River Rapids... not sure what they were thinking there.)

peter11435

New2WDW said:
Talking about cost of costumes: DO the CM's have to pay for their costume or if they ruin it in the wash? Do CM's even have to wash their costume or do they change and leave it with a cleaning company?

New2-just interested!
Full time CM's can have 5 costumes at one time and part-time can have 3. The costumes are provided free of charge but you will have to pay for them if they are not returned. You can either wash the costumes yourself or return them to wardrobe in exchange for clean ones. Walt Disney World Textile Services (the same department that cleans guests towels and laundry) washes the costumes. All garments (even hats, belts, bags, aprons and sashes) have barcodes sewn inside them. The garment is scanned in and out to you thus they now exactly what garments you have.

Captain Hank

imagineersrock said:
Asia has some beautiful costumes as well (minus Kali River Rapids... not sure what they were thinking there.)
Oh my gosh, I know! When I went to Animal Kingdom this past weekend and rode Kali for the first time in a long time, I seriously thought the greeter was out of costume, and had just stuck his nametag on a random T-shirt. Then, I realized that the Kali logo was on the shirt.

Since I never really answered the OP question, my personal favorites are Haunted Mansion, Mission: Space, Tower of Terror, and Guest Relations.

schroder6452

I loved my forest green polo and khaki pants at the Grand Floridian and though a little boring I liked my T-land Attractions costume.

I like the look of Main Street night PAC and the EPCOT special events one.

On the subject of sizes, they will make/get costumes to fit you in your area. Both times on my CP I had to get measured for pants since there weren't any short enough in my size.

Braves323

One of my favorite costumes is the one used in the Great Movie Ride. I think it really fits the theming.
If I was still working at Disney, I would want to wear the costume they wear at the Wide World of Sports. It looks comfortable.

freaklarm

Size is not an issue, if they don't have your size, they will order what you need. And about the post the mention that there is no shortage of labor, let me tell you, short of labor is the word of the day at WDW, literaly, thousands of open positions right now.

dazzle_em55

When we were on the Wonder two years ago, we were able to bid on 5 yards of the colored Animators Pallet fabric. My mom made me a shirt out of some of it and I wore it around the parks last year. I always get compliments on it.

AliceFan

se8472 said:
Ops 2 rocks!

I do love that I can go anywhere in the park with this costume, but personally, it doesn't fit me at all. The shirt on me looks like something Hulk Hogan size on me. Kinda sucks but I do love that I have back pockets!

The Fantasyland costume is ok. The shirts are a little to girly for most men though. But I think most people like that we have a short/pants and short sleeve/ long sleeve option.

I hate the toontown costume. Too hot and the pants/shorts are horrible. Not like you normal jeans. (and for those of you who think we can wear our own jeans and get away with it, we always get caught!)

The best costumes have to be the guys at the Hall of Presidents, dressing like it's the 1700's again. On the other end of the spectrum I think that the worst cast member uniforms have to be the Soarin' costumes. They are ugly and look really stupid!!

"...thanks for Soarin' with us."

maelstrom

freaklarm said:
Size is not an issue, if they don't have your size, they will order what you need.

But can they really order, say, a child's sized monorail hostess uniform? I'm sure normal adult sized clothes are no problem. But can they even get them to fit a child sized person who is in fact an adult?

pintraderpayee

I may be crazy, but I think I read somewhere that some of the costumes at AK are made from a tree fiber called lyocell (sp?). If so I think that's neat, but my favorites are the costumes at American Adventure....must be the history teacher in me coming out.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom