CM Costumes

Spicey477

I have the pleasure of wearing two of the worst for women:
Whispering Canyon outfit, just horrible. And, last night, I had to wear the Trail's End buffet outfit from Ft. Wilderness. Those jeans.....I am a size 12 in normal clothes, and I had to take the largest jeans available, ridiculous!!! The shirt wasn't bad, in a Brokeback Mountain kind of way!

The best costumes are at Disneyland Paris! There were rumors that they spent a MAJOR amount of their budget on high-dollar costumes. I worked at Pirates and it was awesome: skirt, pirate shirt, big belt, spats for the shoes, big hat, and a very ornate tapestry jacket that went over the whole outfit. And, in the cold, we had a big flowing coat and scarves that matched the outfit. Parking and guest relations costumes were similar to the costumes here. Haunted Mansion costume was similar, but just a bit more oomph.

se8472

maelstrom said:
But can they really order, say, a child's sized monorail hostess uniform? I'm sure normal adult sized clothes are no problem. But can they even get them to fit a child sized person who is in fact an adult?

yeah its no big deal, what isn't there that you need can be made for you.

New2WDW

Thanks Peter11435 and Captain Hank for the answer to that dirty question!:lol:

I love all the costumes and think it is neat to see so many different ones. I am glad Disney dosn't have just one or two type throughout the park - that could get boring!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Guess I have to go with the real costumy ones...HM, HoP, ToT, Main St. and Guest Relations (ya gotta love a plaid skirt, white tights, a helmet and riding crop!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
ClemsonTigger said:
Guess I have to go with the real costumy ones...HM, HoP, ToT, Main St. and Guest Relations (ya gotta love a plaid skirt, white tights, a helmet and riding crop!

Haha. Funny you mention that. Just yesterday I was discussing how stupid GR CMs look walking around a park in a helmet and riding crop. I have no prob with the skirt and tights but I think the costume should end there. I guess if worse comes to worse they could always hop up on one of those Main Street horses and take it for a ride around the park. :lookaroun

Enderikari

ClemsonTigger said:
Guest Relations (ya gotta love a plaid skirt, white tights, a helmet and riding crop!

True, that is a Guest Relations costume, but specialized, only being worn by female tour guides when working only for MK tours.. Regular Guest Relations costume is known as "VIP" and is dark blue pants, button/collared long sleeve white shirts, red plaid (almost tartan) vest and blue Disney-D tie, with a required part of both cotumes being the Disney Gold D-Pin worn on the right, with nametag on the left. This is one of the costumes that can travel anywhere: any park, any resort, DTD, Airport, Florida Mall, riding Space Mountain.

So I think that ones pretty neat

Enderikari

tiggerific418 said:
Haha. Funny you mention that. Just yesterday I was discussing how stupid GR CMs look walking around a park in a helmet and riding crop. I have no prob with the skirt and tights but I think the costume should end there. I guess if worse comes to worse they could always hop up on one of those Main Street horses and take it for a ride around the park. :lookaroun

Stupid? That's the only costume that has existed with no major alterations since the park opened in 1971. The reason that Female tour guides wear that costume to this day is because it shows their connection to the history and the heritage of the Disney company. The costume itself is based on Disneyland's original ambassador costume, which was conceptualized by a team of Creative Costuming Imagineers, sparked by an idea from Lillian Disney.

Stupid indeed...

peter11435

maelstrom said:
But can they really order, say, a child's sized monorail hostess uniform? I'm sure normal adult sized clothes are no problem. But can they even get them to fit a child sized person who is in fact an adult?
Yes. WDW has a large staff of seamstresses as part of their Costuming and Cosmetology department. They will make whatever you need.

Irrawaddy Erik

imagineersrock said:
and hello---Kilimanjaro Safaris! :cool:

Honestly, maybe I'm biased but I think overall AK has some of the best costumes, especially in regards to fitting in to their specific themed locations. All of the costumes throughout Africa are really quite something, Asia has some beautiful costumes as well (minus Kali River Rapids... not sure what they were thinking there.)

I must agree :animwink:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Enderikari said:
True, that is a Guest Relations costume, but specialized, only being worn by female tour guides when working only for MK tours.. Regular Guest Relations costume is known as "VIP" and is dark blue pants, button/collared long sleeve white shirts, red plaid (almost tartan) vest and blue Disney-D tie, with a required part of both cotumes being the Disney Gold D-Pin worn on the right, with nametag on the left. This is one of the costumes that can travel anywhere: any park, any resort, DTD, Airport, Florida Mall, riding Space Mountain.

So I think that ones pretty neat

You're probably prejudiced....but I agree, if there is one costume that says Disney, that is probably it. It is something I remember as clearly from the Disney TV shows (when I thought I would never get the chance to actually visit Disneyland), almost as much as Tinkerbell setting off the fireworks at the start of the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom