'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

Cmdr_Crimson

So, Basically it's Hoop-di-doo inside the Studios at a rediculous price.....Welp! It looks like fuel's going low...Time to heat it up again...
giphy.gif

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It seriously looks like the Villain’s Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle but moved to a venue that has a higher capacity and better logistics. Interesting to see that a hard ticketed event was used as a trial balloon.

Makamah

Can disney stop offering over priced dessert parties, hard ticketed events and brunches and start focusing on the state of the parks. Stop charging us more to go to a park for lame events and start fixing/upgrading/adding new reasons for us to want to go

So a family of 4 can pay $400 to go to a park that's half closed.

flyerjab

I wonder if this is some sort of response by WDW to host a villain's event for guests in a more intimate setting. I know that the Villain's Unleashed events in DHS were crazy popular to the point of insane wait times and disgruntled guests not getting to see their favorite villains, etc. This creates a more controlled atmosphere where the number of guests are obviously controlled via cost and size limitations of the facility (i.e., fire codes). This gives the guests (willing to pay the price) shows, food, interaction, and of course the always necessary zany DJ dance area.

Ray B

Can disney stop offering over priced dessert parties, hard ticketed events and brunches and start focusing on the state of the parks. Stop charging us more to go to a park for lame events and start fixing/upgrading/adding new reasons for us to want to go

So a family of 4 can pay $400 to go to a park that's half closed.

You have that slightly wrong. They can pay $400 just to get into the park and then another $400 to go to the event. So, $800 to go to a park that is half closed

doctornick

So this is the villain show we thought was coming to replace BatB.

Lame.

I don't mind the upcharge event per se, but I'm very disappointed if this means we won't get a Villains replacement for BatB as was rumored. I wonder if it means the entire idea of the BatB theater being enclosed and the show replaced is not true.

Bolt

You have that slightly wrong. They can pay $400 just to get into the park and then another $400 to go to the event. So, $800 to go to a park that is half closed
Besides Backlot Tour, what else is closed? I though Launch Bay was going in Animation. Didn't realize they closed so many other things. I just wish they would add like a Star Wars Land or like a Toy Story Land with like five new rides. We can only dream.

YodaMan

How did everyone predicting this new villain show miss the part about it being a separate upcharge event...this is very disapointing and the not what DHS needs right now. They need things included in park admission for people to do.

No offense, but go back in the thread. Multiple people suggested that this was going in the Flex spot instead of BatB and pointed out how this was being handled by Disney Events Group instead of regular Entertainment. Everyone just decided to ignore (or fight) those people instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom