Club Cool Closing? (FALSE RUMOR)

NowInc

I have a hard to believing this rumor at this point because Epcot has L'artisan Des Glaces in the France Pavilion for buying Ice Cream instead of Fountain view.

While I am a fan of Ghirardelli's at DTD, I really question if Epcot is allowed to have 2 different ice cream places . The fact is would Ghirardelli's allow L'artian Des Glaces be open in the France Pavillion since L'artian Des Glaces serves ice cream.

I don't think thats the case. Starbucks sells coffee...but its hardly the only place you can get a cup of it in epcot

JillC LI

Not to mention that there is a much better version of this concept in Atlanta.

We just visited a very cool Coca Cola store in Las Vegas. We bought 16 flavors from around the world for $7, and passed them around the table so we could all sample them.

It was a lot of fun even though most of the flavors made us look like this!

My son will be very sorry if Club Cool goes, but I for one would love a Ghiradelli's!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have a hard to believing this rumor at this point because Epcot has L'artisan Des Glaces in the France Pavilion for buying Ice Cream instead of Fountain view.

While I am a fan of Ghirardelli's at DTD, I really question if Epcot is allowed to have 2 different ice cream places . The fact is would Ghirardelli's allow L'artian Des Glaces be open in the France Pavillion since L'artian Des Glaces serves ice cream.
There are two Ice Cream outlets at DTD where Ghiradelli operate. I don't think they have the power to dictate terms to Disney. And who wouldn't want to be located near the entrance at Epcot?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We just visited a very cool Coca Cola store in Las Vegas. We bought 16 flavors from around the world for $7, and passed them around the table so we could all sample them.

My son will be very sorry if Club Cool goes, but I for one would love a Ghiradelli's!
Those faces were well worth the $7:)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Great faces!
I will definitely miss the first-time Beverly face, but I won't miss the sticky floor one bit.

As someone else said, "Bring on the chocolate"!

JillC LI

Great faces!
I will definitely miss the first-time Beverly face, but I won't miss the sticky floor one bit.

As someone else said, "Bring on the chocolate"!

Actually, they also had Beverly at the place we went to in Las Vegas. It was the worst of all of the samples. My husband dared DD to drink the whole glass for $5. She did it, but there were tears streaming from her eyes by the time she finished! LOL

ABQ

Club Cool is blatant advertising for CocaCola. I can't see how people who are upset about Starbucks (I am not) are not upset about the existence of Club Cool.
Been lurking here forever and finally signed up today. Since the announcement of the Starbucks/Disney partnership in the parks many have voiced downright hatred of the Starbucks on Main Street and to a degree in the Fountainview and though I loooooove the Ghirardelli in DTD, I too don't see how people are not up in arms over another name brand shop within the confines of the parks. Is it due to it replacing a name brand run outfit that tempers the anger? Albeit, perhaps that temperament will change as Ghirardelli won't be giving it away for free.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Been lurking here forever and finally signed up today. Since the announcement of the Starbucks/Disney partnership in the parks many have voiced downright hatred of the Starbucks on Main Street and to a degree in the Fountainview and though I loooooove the Ghirardelli in DTD, I too don't see how people are not up in arms over another name brand shop within the confines of the parks. Is it due to it replacing a name brand run outfit that tempers the anger? Albeit, perhaps that temperament will change as Ghirardelli won't be giving it away for free.
Not that many people were upset with the idea of the addition of Starbucks coffee to MSB. Instead, MSB basically was turfed, and instead we have a clinical Starbucks with sub-par baked goods, and ZERO seating.

There was way less opposition to the Fountain View conversion.

PhotoDave219

I really hope this is a false rumor. In the last ten years there has been a shutdown of some unique experiences at Epcot. It is so sad when you add it all up:
WoL pavillion, Tapestry of Nations parade, Lights of Winter archway, Nestle junior chef program, roping off the Viking ship, and maybe this. Glad we got to experience them when we did.

Club cool (formerly ice station cool) is a giant Coca-cola store.

First, it's not unique. It's soda.

Second, it's not in the same ballpark of losing the lights of winter.

The Empress Lilly

But Club Cool is just a marketing operation for Coca Cola. They could make much better use of that space.
'Just'? EPCOT IS a showcase for American industry.

There is not much experimental or innovative about Club Cool and its cola products, but at least those tastes from all over the world somewhattish tie it in with the larger EPCOT theme. Between that and giving away softdrinks for free Club Cool is just far enough removed from a simple showroom to somewhattish warrant a place in FW.

LucyK

As a non soda/pop/choose your own drinker and a chocolate and ice-cream lover I'm all for the change. One more place where I can eat my beloved Gold Rush.

Astro Blaster

I think it's just the fact that Starbucks is EVERYWHERE. They have stores across the street from each other, they probably have at least one store in your town, and now it's just people saying - really, now Disney too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom