Closing of Tower of Terror (WDW)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Marvel should have a much larger presence in HWS dependent on Guardians going to Epcot, and @marni1971 said it is not the tower of terror. I would say it is it safe to assume Star Tours, Rock n' Roller Coaster, a mini-land with one ride in (probably) Animation Courtyard, or a clone of the future Marvel land going to DCA will have Marvel taking it over. Rock n' Roller coaster in my mind has no business getting rethemed, it just needs an update as the ride has very high waits even more so than the tower of terror. Of course that is due to slightly less capacity and being he most thrilling coaster on property, but still that says a lot. Being inside and with the music works so well. As long as the Tower, Mansion, Spaceship Earth, and Splash Mountain and really The Great Movie Ride never get a retheme I'm good (for the most part:)). I feel like if Hollywood Studios would get a water ride like Shanghai Pirates or Grizzly river run, and then have either a new miniland or muppets ride, and as a 2020's Phase 4 a new ip land the park would be the second worst Disney park to one of Disney's best.

I doubt they would clone a DCA Marvel land in WDW since it would require them to limit the DCA one to only the characters that can be used in WDW which would shut out some of the move popular Marvel characters.

Daveeeeed

I doubt they would clone a DCA Marvel land in WDW since it would require them to limit the DCA one to only the characters that can be used in WDW which would shut out some of the move popular Marvel characters.
They could simply swap out a ride let's say captain America with guardians, or negotiate a deal (which is very unlikely) with universal. Good point though, it probably would be very different if it was to happen.

alissafalco

I have it on good authority (I cannot give up my source, but they are in the higher-ups of parks/hotel management) that the Tower of Terror in ORLANDO will be refurbished into a Guardians of the Galaxy Ride just as the one in Disneyland California will be. They have told me to "ride it while you can, because it won't be there next summer." I know people may not believe me, but I heard it straight from the horse's mouth and feel the need to share this upsetting news. I cannot share the identity of my source, for the sake of the security of their position.
Well it seems as though you have a reliable source.... sigh

Imagineerwannabe

So I read today on a social media group (it's a secret group which isn't so secret for CMs etc - not sure if we are allowed to mention full names)

This was posted saying that ToT will be closing and rethemed to GotG at some point. Apparent source is the same one as released the previous info before official announcement....

Any truth in this I wonder?

Attachments

• IMG_3440.JPG
    IMG_3440.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 107

The Empress Lilly

So I read today on a social media group (it's a secret group which isn't so secret for CMs etc - not sure if we are allowed to mention full names)

This was posted saying that ToT will be closing and rethemed to GotG at some point. Apparent source is the same one as released the previous info before official announcement....

That social media group wouldn't be wdwmagic.com now, wouldn't it? ;)

I have noticed before how rumours go n in circles. A rumour is posted here, is picked up within the bowels of TWDC, and from there leaked by employees back here, the leakage understood as confirmation.

Haymarket2008

That is the exact transcript of what @WDW1974 said in the Spirited 13th thread.

Imagineerwannabe

To be fair I read that post on The FB page and my first thought was - this almost certainly came from a misquote from wdwmagic :)

I knew I could rely on this page to clarify this and the source material!

ratherbeinwdw

I wish I had paid attention to this thread. When we were at wdw last week, the only items they had left with Twilight Zone on them were a few t-shirts, one kind of mug, one kind of hat, one kind of plastic cup, and a Clue game. Everything else had "Hollywood Tower Hotel".
The HTH symbol was on most everything else even the shopping tote. I looked on the merch app and those were the same items on there. The game wasn't on the app. Since there were only three left, I went ahead and bought one.
I did find a couple of pins. In another gift shop, I found a glass with The Great Movie Ride on one side and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror on the other. They had a plate for The Great Movie Ride that matched the glass, but they didn't have any TZ ones left. There were only a few of the glasses left.
I wanted to go to one of the outlets, to see if they had anything else, but we ran out of time.

Bolt

I wish I had paid attention to this thread. When we were at wdw last week, the only items they had left with Twilight Zone on them were a few t-shirts, one kind of mug, one kind of hat, one kind of plastic cup, and a Clue game. Everything else had "Hollywood Tower Hotel".
The HTH symbol was on most everything else even the shopping tote. I looked on the merch app and those were the same items on there. The game wasn't on the app. Since there were only three left, I went ahead and bought one.
I did find a couple of pins. In another gift shop, I found a glass with The Great Movie Ride on one side and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror on the other. They had a plate for The Great Movie Ride that matched the glass, but they didn't have any TZ ones left. There were only a few of the glasses left.
I wanted to go to one of the outlets, to see if they had anything else, but we ran out of time.
What does this have to do with the closing of Tower?

Biff215

Can you share your review of the ride? Which song did you get when you rode? Or did you go more than once? Any truth to the rumors about the sophisticated Rocket Raccoon animatronics?
Honestly don't need to. Pictures of the exterior are enough for me. Any impressive animatronics or music could have been included in a purpose built attraction that doesn't destroy the feel of an entire park, let alone a good attraction. I didn't imply that it was a review of the attraction, just my opinion of the project itself. If you feel differently then that's your opinion, fair enough. To each his own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom