Close-Up's of the Castle Decoration

askmike1

syddisney said:
On the last picture under the big flower that you see how it's connected, are there X-mas lights?
it looks like those small X-mas ligts. Will this light up or give a glow effect?
I doubt they are Xmas lights, just wondering what they were.
castlexmaslight4vz.gif

Upon closer inspection, it looks like christmas lights, but can easily be just a green electric cord (and if so, for what?)

-Michael
http://mfw.frandt.com

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
askmike1 said:
castlexmaslight4vz.gif

Upon closer inspection, it looks like christmas lights, but can easily be just a green electric cord (and if so, for what?)

-Michael

I went back and looked at the hi-res originals a few minutes ago. While I can't tell for sure, it looks like it's just the cables or wire rope that are in the vertical ropes and swags that attach them to the post that has the rosebud on it. I believe what you are identifying as possibly being lights, is nothing more than a wire rope clip something like the one below.

askmike1

donsullivan said:
I went back and looked at the hi-res originals a few minutes ago. While I can't tell for sure, it looks like it's just the cables or wire rope that are in the vertical ropes and swags that attach them to the post that has the rosebud on it. I believe what you are identifying as possibly being lights, is nothing more than a wire rope clip something like the one below.
Definately could be, but there seems to be something red jutting out to the right. Probably just wire though.

-Michael

speck76

SirNim said:
Gosh, fiber optics in the swirls would have been nice!

Pity it seems they're not to be... :(

There is such a thing as "too much"

With the nice lighting already on the castle, I would think much more could potentially be tacky.

BalooChicago

donsullivan said:
These ones were taken with a Canon Digital Rebel with a 70-300 zoom lens on it.

Great pics! Nice camera! Did you carry two lenses with you? (What's your other lens) I'm assuming you did, as a 70-300 on a digital SLR wouldn't be great for snapshots, would it? (70 on the Digital is equvilant to 112 on a film camera, right?)

Thanks for the pics! I wonder how much went on inside the castle to support all this - that connection detail shot must have a correlating gusset plate on the inside, as bolting into fiberglass isn't going to hold up much.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
BalooChicago said:
Great pics! Nice camera! Did you carry two lenses with you? (What's your other lens) I'm assuming you did, as a 70-300 on a digital SLR wouldn't be great for snapshots, would it? (70 on the Digital is equvilant to 112 on a film camera, right?)....

I never remember the exact multiplier between digital and film SLR for lenses but that sounds about right. My normal general purpose lense is a Canon 24-85 which is what I'll take by default if I don't feel like hauling the big bag of stuff around. I was never really happy with the 18-55 that came with the camera.

I have found myself using the 70-300 a little more lately for things like the parades. I find I can get a nice close-up of the performers with far fewer guests in the background.

BalooChicago

donsullivan said:
I never remember the exact multiplier between digital and film SLR for lenses but that sounds about right. My normal general purpose lense is a Canon 24-85 which is what I'll take by default if I don't feel like hauling the big bag of stuff around. I was never really happy with the 18-55 that came with the camera.

Thanks for the reply - Great last name BTW (I'm a Sullivan too)...

Glad to know you get a lot of use out of your 24-85... I have a Canon Film SLR with two lenses (24-85 and 28-110) and was hoping to go without getting a new lenses.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
The field of view crop factor for a Digital Rebel is 1.6. For example, a 300mm lens on a Digital Rebel is the equivalent of a 480mm lens on a film body.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
MrNonacho said:
The field of view crop factor for a Digital Rebel is 1.6. For example, a 300mm lens on a Digital Rebel is the equivalent of a 480mm lens on a film body.

Thanks. That's the number that was stuck in my head, but I didn't want to throw it out and find out I was completely clueless and that it wasn't even close to that.

netenyahoo

Those are some great close up pictures. All the pictures I have seen before this made the decorations look tacky and like Christmas garland. The decorations are actually really beautiful.

diddy_mouse

beautiful pictures!!! the detail is great on the garland swags, and the sprials certainly add a nice touch. it will be a shame to see these decoration taken down. (when that happens).

Skippy

wow, excellent quality, this is one change to the castle that i actually like. unlike that hideous.....cake..... :fork:

cant wait to see it in person.

robwhite

WDW History

:hammer:
egionet said:
WOW, those are amazing pictures. I honestly think that castle is going to look beautiful. But of course, almost anything is better than the cake. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Hey I Liked The Cake.I Thought It Was Awesome..In Fact...Visit.... WDWHistory and read about it.

disney1266

Have they removed the characters from the Castle from the 50th anniversary? Those were so nice.......it's would be a shame to remove them permanently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom