Close-Up's of the Castle Decoration

KevinPage

The castle is going to look very PLAIN once they take these decorations off after the celebration.

The cake was at least completely different, so going back to the original was nice. But now the castle might look "too understated".

Any chance in hell they keep the decorations permanent? They look to good to remove

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
donsullivan said:
I just need to make sure I haven't had too much caffeine on a day when I'm going to use that lense. Otherwise you need 3D glasses to view the pics.
yeh, i meant to throw in there as well, good job on keeping that lens steady....... that is the hardest thing about using it. no caffeine or a lack of cigerettes (when i smoked) on a day using that lens.

once again, good job

plus, you look so cool with a lens 10" long. everybody thinks that you are a professional. at least i can play like im one. lol

brentley2

WOW- That is AWESOME-

If the rest of the decorations look that good (I am kind of hesitant on the figures that they are putting on the castle)-
I hope they leave it up for good!

That garland stuff looked as if it was going to be tacky crap in the artwork- like Christmas tree garland - but it is soooo nice!

I am pleasantly surprised- how many times does that happen with Disney these days?

tigsmom

Those are some great photos. Thanks for posting.

I have to agree with the others, the castle is going to be beautiful and will look very plain when the decorations are removed. I'd like to see them remain.

Now about those hidden Mickeys... *goes back to study the photos*

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
brentley2 said:
I am pleasantly surprised- how many times does that happen with Disney these days?
*whispering so i dont jinx it*
well, the good thing is that i think it is getting more and more consistant. shhhhhh

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
tigsmom said:
....Now about those hidden Mickeys... *goes back to stufy the photos*

For those who think they might be seeing Hidden Mickey's take a look here:

IMG_5109.jpg

tigsmom

donsullivan said:
For those who think they might be seeing Hidden Mickey's take a look here:

IMG_5109.jpg

In my eyes, that counts as a Mickey, hidden or otherwise.

Looks like one to me. :wave:

I love looking for them.

hstupno@mac.com

Wall?

Those are great pictures! We're going to Disney next week and I'm just learning about all this. Is there really an ungly green wall up around the base of the castle at the moment?

I was hoping to get some good photos of it this trip, but I guess that won't happen if there's a big wall up around it. I'll have to settle for a postcard scan I guess.

Thanks!
Heidi

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
I think that it would be really tacky if they left these decorations up after the celebration. I think that if you guys want the castle to look more vibrant, then I vote for having a new paint job. If you look at Disneyland's castle, its really awesome now with the broghter colors. I think that Cinderella Caslte would look a lot better with more vibrant colors.

WDWFREAK53

I don't believe there is a green wall around the base of the castle...the green wall is in the center of the hub (where the Partners Statue is).

As of last week...you could still walk through the castle.

PhilosophyMagic

Cool pictures! Thanks! It looks even better than I had expected. (I was imagining something much more like the cake.)

By the way, did anyone notice that the turret "windows" are boarded up? That's really weird. My Disney-obsessed friend went to WDW a few years ago with binoculars to look at some of the structures and noticed that, too. Anyone have more information on this?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
SpaceMountainUK said:
I wonder if those spirals have tiny lights on that will twinkle in the evenings?

Based on this image, it doesn't look like there are any sort of lights in the spiraling tubes, Although it is certainly possible as there are some things on the surface of the tube that I can't clearly identify. Right now, you can see a small bit of sparkling off of the discs that move in the breeze from various lights in the park, but that's it.

IMG_5114.jpg

askmike1

I also agree that the decorations should be permentant or at least semipermenant. The only things they should take down at the end is the big screen on the front and possibly the gold statues.

As for lights in the spirals, if they do (and I hope they do), I think it will be fiber optic type lights.

-Michael
http://mfw.frandt.com

Joevn

Thanks for those awesome pics! It seems some changes were made such as the rose swags which aren't in the the concept art picture. I think it's actually looking better.

And, yes!, it would be so neat if those spirals twinkled. Personally, I could do without the golden characters but I don't think it will detract too much from it. As for it being permanent, I'd have to disagree. Give me the classic Cinderella Castle any day. Its such an icon that I think it would be a shame to have it altered permanently.

Joe

syddisney

On the last picture under the big flower that you see how it's connected, are there X-mas lights?
it looks like those small X-mas ligts. Will this light up or give a glow effect?
I doubt they are Xmas lights, just wondering what they were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom