Trip Report Clappy Clap.....Welcome Back!! The Many "World Firsts" TR

Hello all & welcome!! I'm so happy to finally be able to do another TR!! It feels like forever since my last one--probably b/c it has been(at least that's the way I feel)!! So, I don't want to dwell on the negative b/c let's face it, we've all had a crappy year. 2020 has not been kind to us. But, along with the obvious I had 3 relatives pass within 3 months of each other. Then I knew I was losing my job of almost 28 years in July. We had a Disney trip booked in May that never happened. E rescheduled for June(I couldn't b/c of work) but we all know what happened there--access denied. I knew I wouldn't be able to go until August so she & J booked for then. Since I no longer had an existing reservation she figured she would add me on to her's. Little did we know that nothing would be that simple....

I'll fill you in on the drama as we go along....

WHEN: Tuesday, August 11th - Tuesday, August 18th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs(Spoiler--we really ended up enjoying our stay there. Of course, it's not our beloved Riverside but we agreed it had kind of the same "vibe". Being on the Sassagoula kind of helped with that also.)
IMG_6400.JPEG

THE DRAMA THAT WENT ALONG WITH IT:

E & J may have had a reservation but there was no room at the inn for me. E purposely got a 1 bedroom villa & thought it would be easy to add me to the reservation. Yeah, that wasn't happening. They were not accepting any modifications to existing reservations. It was getting down to the wire. She was able to make park reservations & I still couldn't be added on. Finally, all's well that ends well. After many weeks of trying she was able to add me on & I was able to get the same parks. Never fear though, as a few of my magic friends know I had a "Plan B" ready as a backup but fortunately didn't have to go that route.
IMG_6213.JPEG

Then there were the many flight changes Southwest kept imposing on us. Here was one they did for me that was particularly scary. What happened to Pittsburgh to Orlando? :oops: They had my return flight correct but that didn't mean anything b/c it didn't look like I'd be making it there to begin with!!
IMG_6202.JPEG

The loss of my job was weighing on me all year(I've known since January). Here's my desk during my final days.
IMG_6287.JPEG

The reason for the dates was I knew I would be done with my job by then. I figured I'd take a few weeks off. One week to get situated then the next week to go to Disney. After that I would come back and search for work. Sounds like the perfect plan, right?
While still employed the new company taking over was encouraging us to apply. I did but didn't think it would really go anywhere for a number of reasons. Lo & behold they made me an offer on July 30th & asked me if I could give them an answer the next day. They were planning on reopening the store August 16th--while I would be away!! I broke the news that I would be away then. The company was very receptive to it when I explained why I had planned it the way I did. I also figured I should totally come clean & mentioned that I had an October trip booked also!! At this point I thought for sure they wouldn't want me. I called the next day & accepted their offer. Originally the plan was that I would start on the 19th when I got back. They called me on the 1st & asked me to start on the 3rd so I could get some training time in before I went away. I was fine with it & did it but was scrambling to pack etc.

I'm happy to be back in the place I've worked all my life that is so much a part of me. I'm still learning to do things the way the new company does them but overall I'm happy with the way things are going.

E & family were very sweet to give me a good luck present when I started my new(old:hilarious:) job.
IMG_6308.JPEG

With not much time to pack I made sure to do it early. I actually packed 6 days before the trip. That's amazing for me!!
IMG_6328.JPEG

I also made sure to bring a large supply of masks. They would get gross in a hurry!!
IMG_6332.JPEG

THE TITLE: I have to start out by giving credit to @Rista1313!! I got the "Clappy Clap" part from a comment she had made in my last TR. So many magicians loved the saying & I thought it was quite catchy. The "Welcome Back" part is b/c I truly felt like we were really welcomed back by the CM's. They seemed genuinely happy to have guests there. Also, that song had been in my mind for quite some time. Has anyone seen the Applebee's commercial with that song in it? The first time I saw it I had tears in my eyes. It's very fitting & says a lot with little words. And, there were many "World Firsts" you'll see as we go along!!

WHO: I'm sure you've figured it out by now but we're back to the "same old" crew!! My sister E, my nephew J & myself, Patti!!
IMG_6724.JPG

No, I don't really care for pictures of my backside but I did think this was a neat picture--minus the castle colors. I'm still not a fan!!:cautious:

To all my friends out there reading, "Welcome Back"!!

Last edited:

Songbird76

You'd think if goggles lady were that afraid to be around other people, she wouldn't be flying. Or she'd at least sit in the back of the plane. :rolleyes:
I was thinking and maybe the goggles were to keep her from touching her eyes? That's the only thing I could think of. Maybe she has severe anxiety, but then again, if it's that bad, perhaps it's best not to fly. Kind of like the Judgy McJudgersons sitting next to me on our flight, where the woman kept saying how she hated traveling, and didn't like this and didn't like that, and I was like...then why are you doing it?? It just didn't make sense to me!

DisneyGigi

I touch my face so much more with a mask. I can’t help it. I would totally freak out with goggles on, I am so claustrophobic. I have been to the Hair salon 3 times since we could go back. You have to wear a mask and so does my stylist, could not imagine wearing goggles or her though- Especially under the dryer with foils. My eye doctor didn’t even wear goggles and that is face to face, neither did my doctor back in late June and I was sick. Not Covid, I was negative, but had a fever. They just wore a mask. The test person at the hospital who stabbed my brain with a really long coffee stirrer (no cotton tip) did though. 😑 She would have given me an anxiety attack most likely lol. Each to their own though.

Rista1313

Well now you called me out twice, and I still didn't see this for 7 days. I'm so sorry! I'm here now to give the appropriate Clappy Claps!

I'm glad @Darstarr is like me... I would have been totally snarky about the goggles. For a while, some people were trying to make that a thing. Nope... nope... Nope!

So sorry about your job =/ Glad you got a new one, but seniority, and probably pay are starting over... such a bummer!

lindawdw

Oh my gosh, I was soooo excited to see that you started a TR!!! It does feel like FOREVER since we last read one from you! So sad about your 3 relatives that passed and your old job but I was very happy that you were offered to stay on in a new position with the new company!!! 🥰 The airports truly do have a ghost town appearance but I think travel is starting to pick up a bit lately. Glad you liked your resort choice and room location so much. I know how much you love POR Riverside but with SSR being on the river, it does have a feel to it like POR! J looks so cute in his American flag mask. :) It really does look so empty at the resort and DS so far! Looking forward to hearing about your park experiences!

Cetta

Late to the trip but I love reading your reports! Especially enjoy seeing how much J grows. As a child, my brother always loved Shirley temples but thought the name was too girly for him, so my mom renamed them "red dragons." I completely and absolutely hate washing dishes on vacation. Actually we took a "trip" as a family to a cabin in July and I had to still cook every meal and wash dishes by hand everyday....it was not a vacation for me, it was a "trip"! I'm finally getting my vacation, in a couple weeks when I get to head "home" for three nights with a couple friends and no kids or husband lol.

riverside

Original Poster
Unless she was traveling due to an emergency I say if your that worried then maybe you shouldn't be traveling.

just seems.......(enter your own opinion here, I'll keep mine to myself)

~phew! where'd that come from. Sorry. Getting back into my Disney happy place.
just seems.....like she thought she was entitled. She complained about all the people sitting around HER. No one else was having an issue but HER. Therefore, SHE should have moved & never said a word.
You'd think if goggles lady were that afraid to be around other people, she wouldn't be flying. Or she'd at least sit in the back of the plane. :rolleyes:
Exactly what I thought.
Apologies for being so late, but I’m here and following along!!
Not late at all--glad you're here!! I'm having a hard time posting the last week or so!!
Did the bags make enough for a pot? One family at the pool was complaining that it wasn’t strong enough and then the next day they used less water and they each got 1/4 of a cup :banghead:
Bringing my own pot and coffee was essential this last trip! I like my coffee black and strong (typically I use two of those filtery-pod things at a time in the non dvc rooms) so I wasn’t going to take any chances with no coffee :joyfull:
Yes, one bag made enough for a pot. 1/4 cup, really? I would usually have 2 cups & E would fill yet Yetti everyday & we still threw out quite a bit.

I don't blame you for not taking any chances. I was glad you were there before us so we knew what the situation would be!!
We have a few days there at the same time! November 1-6, for us- Coronado, of course. (And May possibly add the 7th.) I am worried about the all day mask thing, a little, because I stay home and am only wearing one while going out shopping or hair appointments and such. Hopefully it will be a little cooler by then. Like you said though better to be there in a mask, than not at all.

And that Downey spray??? Lifesaver, I tell ya. ;)
Oh yay!! We'll definitely have to meet up!! Hopefully it is cooler then b/c they are trying esp. in the heat. I found the disposable ones to work best. I usually changed mine a couple times a day. There were times I was sweating so bad that I would wipe my face off with the mask.

Yes it is!!
I am not as nice as all of you and I am making fun? Is she doing science experiments??? Take it to the back sweetheart!
You're too much!! 🤣 And yes, she was the one with the issue so she should have moved to the back!!
Next time:
A) put the dishes in the dishwasher
B) leave them for housekeeping...they always say “we will even do the dishes”
I did not know that they did them!! Thanks!!
The good thing about having to wear a mask is if there happens to be any foul smelling air on the Haunted Mansion, you will not be nearly affected by it. (Thinking back to your last Trip Report).
OMG--I busted out laughing when I read this!!! Then I told R--he was quite proud that someone remembered it!!
I do agree she looks a bit like a mad scientist, or female Bill Nye, but currently in hospitals, offices or nursing homes we aren't allowed to take care of patients without eye protection (that wrap around the side of your face) as it is another entrance site for the virus. I have been scolded for this when they told me my eyeglasses weren't adequate. I did a little research before I commented here and interestingly the only thing I could find out for the public was "wear goggles if you have them and can't maintain 6 feet apart, an example is on an airplane or a hair stylist"!
What's cracker jacks to me, is her weird demand for others to move! If she went further back I'm guessing she could have had an entire row to herself?!
It might be hard to tell but her husband had them on also.
Yes-I'll admit I snickered a bit about the goggles but her actions are what really irritated me. She should have moved. But basically what she wanted was to sit at the front of the plane with no one around her. Did she really think that would fly?
I'm quite late, but count me in!
Not late at all!! Glad you're here!!
Really late joining in and enjoying your report. Your photos of the room are making me happy/sad because it’s almost identical to the one we stayed in back in January. Grandstand is my favourite area of Saratoga, definitely the most convenient for the buses, we always liked being the first stop because we could get a seat although it doesn’t look like that was an issue for you with the lack of crowds. I hope you got to make use of the grounds for your morning walks, it’s not my favourite resort to stay at but is my favourite to run at, there’s just so many paths.
Thanks!! Glad you're here!!
I really enjoyed that area also. We're staying next month in the Treehouse Villas. I'm a little concerned b/c of how far I hear they are from things but I did hear that the Grandstand bus stop is the closest to them. Do you know that to be true?
Unfortunately, I didn't do any morning walks but will rectify that on the next trip!! About a week before the trip I started my new job & was in training. The shoes I was wearing did not agree with me at all. I ended up with the worst blister on the face of the earth. I didn't want to do any extra walking to possibly make matters worse. I kid you not when I say that it was so bad that it took a month to heal!!
I’m so exciting to be reading your TR while it’s still active! I’ve spent the last few months reading your TR’s from the beginning, it would have felt weird posting on a TR from years ago! 😳. You have a lovely family (all 200 of them! ) 😜. Excited to be following! 😍
Oh wow & welcome!! The family is huge!!
Thank you so much--that's some dedication--that's a lot of TR's!! All joking aside I genuinely want to say thanks. When I first read your comment I was stunned!! Thank you for taking the time to read them--that really means a lot!! I hope you enjoy this one also!!
So happy to see you're writing another TR. More adventures with you and J (that little kid cracks me up!). :joyfull:

I like the room photos -- very nicely appointed acccommodations inside. (Never cared for the exterior of the Saratoga Springs buildings, so the inside views were a pleasant surprise to me.)
Thank you--glad you're here!! Oh--J & I had many adventures this trip for sure!!

The room was very nice & the grounds felt a lot like Riverside to me so I was pretty happy there!!
My hypothetical “if we finally get to sign the papers to sell our house next week 🤞🏻“ (our buyers have found ways to postpone our closing twice now 😒) will just miss yours! We’re looking at November 5-8. I even got an email from Disney this week with a discount code and not going to lie, between flights (we have the credit from our canceled April trip) and discounts, they’re making an offer that’s hard to refuse lol
Do it!! And I hope things are going well with the house!!
Did you just call SWA and say Cincinatti to BWI isn't at all where I'm trying to go to or from?
I modified it online myself. I figured it had to be a computer glitch.
I'm happy you're home but I know it's insane to work somewhere you've always known and loved and then try to figure out all the new ways of doing things.... :bored: :jawdrop: I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon!
It gets easier every day--thanks!!
ADORABLE!!!!!!! How old is J now? Almost 5? How old was he on his first trip to Disney?
He is 5. He was 18 months on his first trip.
DID he get a car? If his favorite store was closed, I'd hate for his routine to be all messed up!
He did!!
Does she collect them? What does she do with all the ones she has?
No, she hates them. I've asked her & she has no clue where they are at!!
I LOVE DUFFY!!! Does J have any of Duffy's Japanese friends?
He does not.
I was thinking and maybe the goggles were to keep her from touching her eyes? That's the only thing I could think of. Maybe she has severe anxiety, but then again, if it's that bad, perhaps it's best not to fly. Kind of like the Judgy McJudgersons sitting next to me on our flight, where the woman kept saying how she hated traveling, and didn't like this and didn't like that, and I was like...then why are you doing it?? It just didn't make sense to me!
Exactly--if you're that put off by it then don't do it!! Makes no sense at all!!
I touch my face so much more with a mask. I can’t help it. I would totally freak out with goggles on, I am so claustrophobic. I have been to the Hair salon 3 times since we could go back. You have to wear a mask and so does my stylist, could not imagine wearing goggles or her though- Especially under the dryer with foils. My eye doctor didn’t even wear goggles and that is face to face, neither did my doctor back in late June and I was sick. Not Covid, I was negative, but had a fever. They just wore a mask. The test person at the hospital who stabbed my brain with a really long coffee stirrer (no cotton tip) did though. 😑 She would have given me an anxiety attack most likely lol. Each to their own though.
I agree with you. Esp b/c the longer it's on the more irritating it gets. You think you'd get used to it but it seems to just get more annoying.
Following along!
Thank you!! Glad you're here!!
Have to add City Works to my list.

Really is amazing the lack of people in some areas.
It was really good & reasonably priced. I'd go back!!

It really was & as much as I enjoyed that I still felt like something was missing.
Well now you called me out twice, and I still didn't see this for 7 days. I'm so sorry! I'm here now to give the appropriate Clappy Claps!

I'm glad @Darstarr is like me... I would have been totally snarky about the goggles. For a while, some people were trying to make that a thing. Nope... nope... Nope!

So sorry about your job =/ Glad you got a new one, but seniority, and probably pay are starting over... such a bummer!
Yay--clappy clap!!

I can't imagine wearing them for any extended period of time.

Yeah--the starting over thing is a bummer but it's going well. I'm just not used to not making my own schedule anymore!!
Oh my gosh, I was soooo excited to see that you started a TR!!! It does feel like FOREVER since we last read one from you! So sad about your 3 relatives that passed and your old job but I was very happy that you were offered to stay on in a new position with the new company!!! 🥰 The airports truly do have a ghost town appearance but I think travel is starting to pick up a bit lately. Glad you liked your resort choice and room location so much. I know how much you love POR Riverside but with SSR being on the river, it does have a feel to it like POR! J looks so cute in his American flag mask. :) It really does look so empty at the resort and DS so far! Looking forward to hearing about your park experiences!
Thank you so much!! We liked it so much that we are going back there next month. We were supposed to be staying at The Polynesian but we got the dreaded emails a week or so ago that it's not happening. They offered to switch us to the Grand Floridian but we passed & decided on the Treehouse Villas!!
Poor J--between sweating & his little face his mask kept falling down even though he has adjusters on his!!
I'm off tomorrow so I'm hoping to get some posts in then!!
Late to the trip but I love reading your reports! Especially enjoy seeing how much J grows. As a child, my brother always loved Shirley temples but thought the name was too girly for him, so my mom renamed them "red dragons." I completely and absolutely hate washing dishes on vacation. Actually we took a "trip" as a family to a cabin in July and I had to still cook every meal and wash dishes by hand everyday....it was not a vacation for me, it was a "trip"! I'm finally getting my vacation, in a couple weeks when I get to head "home" for three nights with a couple friends and no kids or husband lol.
Awww--thank you so much!! He is growing--he's going to be tall like his dad!! That's wise of your mom!!
That sounds like so much fun!! I hope you have a great time!! Enjoy the low crowds!!

dave&di

There were times during June - August I had to self isolate due to surgery, your TR’s got me through! Each TR was like a new novel in a series, “what characters will be in this one?” “will they buy popcorn!?”. 😂 I miss coming on here and reading your TR’s whenever I want so speed it up girl! 😉 (For some reason it won’t include your quote that I’m replying to 🙄)

slipperalwaysfits

About a week before the trip I started my new job & was in training. The shoes I was wearing did not agree with me at all. I ended up with the worst blister on the face of the earth. I didn't want to do any extra walking to possibly make matters worse. I kid you not when I say that it was so bad that it took a month to heal!!

BLISTERS In DISNEY are the WORST first-world problem!!! I'm glad it wasn't too painful for you!

No, she hates them. I've asked her & she has no clue where they are at!!

Then you will have to get a popcorn bucket for her and hide a special birthday/Christmas present in there next time! :geek: So glad J was able to get a car and keep his tradition going!

There were times during June - August I had to self isolate due to surgery, your TR’s got me through! Each TR was like a new novel in a series, “what characters will be in this one?” “will they buy popcorn!?”. 😂 I miss coming on here and reading your TR’s whenever I want so speed it up girl! 😉 (For some reason it won’t include your quote that I’m replying to 🙄)

@dave&di YES, I went through the same thing in April and really caught up on all of @riverside fun trip reports! Being an only, it's fun to read about sisterly love and a big family!:geek: I really enjoyed her report with her niece's birthday and then the surprise from E!

dave&di

BLISTERS In DISNEY are the WORST first-world problem!!! I'm glad it wasn't too painful for you!

Then you will have to get a popcorn bucket for her and hide a special birthday/Christmas present in there next time! :geek: So glad J was able to get a car and keep his tradition going!

@dave&di YES, I went through the same thing in April and really caught up on all of @riverside fun trip reports! Being an only, it's fun to read about sisterly love and a big family!:geek: I really enjoyed her report with her niece's birthday and then the surprise from E!
I have a very small family, seeing the photos of the gatherings were great (and confusing!) 😂 (I don’t know how to select quote! 🙄)

Sulley_1313

I just caught up on your trip report (cause who likes to work on a Friday), and this is quite a fun read! I'm glad to hear that y'all enjoyed SSR as well. I'll be at SSR in October, and it's one of those resorts that I have not given much thought about in the past.

Piglet_the_brave

I really enjoyed that area also. We're staying next month in the Treehouse Villas. I'm a little concerned b/c of how far I hear they are from things but I did hear that the Grandstand bus stop is the closest to them. Do you know that to be true?
Unfortunately, I didn't do any morning walks but will rectify that on the next trip!! About a week before the trip I started my new job & was in training. The shoes I was wearing did not agree with me at all. I ended up with the worst blister on the face of the earth. I didn't want to do any extra walking to possibly make matters worse. I kid you not when I say that it was so bad that it took a month to heal!!
Ouch, that sounds uncomfortable, hope you managed ok with the walking around the parks.

Over near the 9000 buildings of Grandstand is a path that leads to the Treehouse Villas, it’s only a couple of minutes walk. So that probably is your quickest option. We only walked that way during the day though, so I don’t know what the lighting is like at night. You can also go that way to get to the path leading to Old Key West, which is a nice walk.

riverside

Original Poster
That's great to hear!! Not about the surgery of course but that it got you through!! I hope your surgery went well & you're all healed up!!
I'm trying to post more frequently but I'm struggling. I now work goofy shifts & they change every week so I'm usually exhausted before I go & when I come home from work!! But, my next trip is in 44 days & my goal is always to have a TR finished before I go on the next!!
Thank you again for reading!!
Thanks!!
She would choke me!! 🤣
Oh wow!! That's an old one--I believe it's the 2nd one I did!!
I bet... that makes going to Disney a little bit harder, doesn't it?
You're not kidding:( I was used to being able to take off pretty much when I wanted to(don't get me wrong I did work a ton though). Now I have someone telling me when I'm working which I'm fine with but I don't really want to put in any special requests & I'm salary so I really have to work my 5 days a week. It wouldn't be fair to ask for an extra day.
I have a very small family, seeing the photos of the gatherings were great (and confusing!) 😂 (I don’t know how to select quote! 🙄)
Thanks--& don't feel bad--I get confused sometimes myself!!
I just caught up on your trip report (cause who likes to work on a Friday), and this is quite a fun read! I'm glad to hear that y'all enjoyed SSR as well. I'll be at SSR in October, and it's one of those resorts that I have not given much thought about in the past.
Thank you very much & welcome!! Hey, let's face it, who likes to work any day?🤣 We never did either but I'm glad we tried it. We're huge fans of POR & it reminded us of that quite a bit. We're actually staying there again in October also!!
SSR is usually overlooked but has it’s good points!
I agree!!--minus the food court!!
Ouch, that sounds uncomfortable, hope you managed ok with the walking around the parks.

Over near the 9000 buildings of Grandstand is a path that leads to the Treehouse Villas, it’s only a couple of minutes walk. So that probably is your quickest option. We only walked that way during the day though, so I don’t know what the lighting is like at night. You can also go that way to get to the path leading to Old Key West, which is a nice walk.
I kept a blister bandage on the whole time. It really helped to give a nice cushion between my heel & shoe. But, towards the end of the trip it started bothering me so I ended up wearing sandals so the shoe wasn't rubbing against it.

I can't believe that path was that close to us & we never noticed it. I didn't know that you could walk to Old Key West from there but that sounds like fun esp to check out what options they have there. How far is the walk from the Treehouses to OKW?

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12TH

We headed out a few minutes after 9 to catch the bus. When we got off the elevator we turned right to go to the bus stop & it was right there!!
IMG_6512.JPEG

A bus was pulling in as we got there.
IMG_6513.JPEG

This family of 3 got on then we did. No one else got on at the other stops.
IMG_6514.JPEG

For any of the parks!!
IMG_6515.JPEG

I was excited b/c we were approaching FQ & I knew Riverside was next!!
IMG_6516.JPEG

I was actually on the phone with R at this point & I hung up on him so I could focus all my attention on looking at the sign to my favorite resort!! Hey--who knows when that's going to reopen so I wanted to take what I could get!!
IMG_6517.JPEG

Not going to lie & I'm not ashamed to say it either.....my eyes were filled with tears.
IMG_6519.JPEG

IMG_6520.JPEG

So, as you can see we were seated in section 1. Now we all know J's favorite section is the back of the bus. Try explaining to a 5 year old why he can't sit in his favorite section when there are only 6 people on the whole thing!! Fortunately we did get the back once later in the trip though!!
IMG_6522.JPEG

After 7 long months we were almost there!!
IMG_6523.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12TH

We arrived at MK at 9:36. We had our temperatures checked as soon as we got off the bus.
IMG_6524.JPEG

I knew it was going to be low crowds but I was totally unprepared to see next to no one!!
IMG_6525.JPEG

IMG_6526.JPEG

Something in my bag set off the metal detector. Every single day(except 1) it went off & every single day the CM looking through my bag told me what was setting it off(each one had a different opinion of what it was BTW). The scary part was to think that I had the exact same things in there every day but it didn't go off at all when we went to AK.
IMG_6527.JPEG

Can you believe the lack of lines at 9:40 in the morning??
IMG_6528.JPEG

I know I've said it in the past but this is my favorite sight at MK!!
IMG_6529.JPEG

We walked into a very empty Main Street. E had not told J about the change in castle colors & wanted to see if he would recognize it on his own so we didn't say anything as we rounded the bend.
IMG_6530.JPEG

As happy as I was to see this sight again I'm just not a fan.
IMG_6531.JPEG

J noticed immediately BTW!!
IMG_6532.JPEG

IMG_6533.JPEG

donaldtoo

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12TH

We headed out a few minutes after 9 to catch the bus. When we got off the elevator we turned right to go to the bus stop & it was right there!!
View attachment 497430

A bus was pulling in as we got there.
View attachment 497431

This family of 3 got on then we did. No one else got on at the other stops.
View attachment 497432

For any of the parks!!
View attachment 497433

I was excited b/c we were approaching FQ & I knew Riverside was next!!
View attachment 497434

I was actually on the phone with R at this point & I hung up on him so I could focus all my attention on looking at the sign to my favorite resort!! Hey--who knows when that's going to reopen so I wanted to take what I could get!!
View attachment 497435

Not going to lie & I'm not ashamed to say it either.....my eyes were filled with tears.
View attachment 497436

View attachment 497437

So, as you can see we were seated in section 1. Now we all know J's favorite section is the back of the bus. Try explaining to a 5 year old why he can't sit in his favorite section when there are only 6 people on the whole thing!! Fortunately we did get the back once later in the trip though!!
View attachment 497438

After 7 long months we were almost there!!
View attachment 497439

My career is in architecture, so I had to comment on the fun Mickey obelisk in your first pic of this post...LUV it...!!!!! 😍
Also, I understand your love of POR, although we haven’t stayed there since our first two family trips in July of ‘01 and ‘03. We have 3 (now adult) children, so we stayed in the rooms with the trundle beds. Such a GREAT resort, and awesome memories...!!!!! :happy:
On subsequent trips, POR has been just a little more than we wanted to spend, but, we have visited, and hope to stay there sometime relatively soon again...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom