Citrus Dreamin' - Game Thread

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
OK I’M A BIT LATE BUT WHATView attachment 790188

oh right and I am in ms but will be graduating on monday D:
Tiki, Pi, Orange Bird, and a new friend that I tragically don't know the name of holding the Orange Bird!
That is Zoe (no username on here yet)!

The secret co-host who has been advising me from the shadows all season! A fantastic "puppeteer" who had very strong opinions about me choosing Muppet Mayhem over Nara Dreamland's BatB back in round 2 lol

And AGP congrats on graduating and winning in the same week! A truly impressive feat!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
After Credits Scene #02
5M8Sank.png
For anyone who missed it, sign ups have started for Sorcerer's Apprentice!

DisneyManOne

I'm terribly sorry for getting this in so late, but here's my review of Symphorest and FantaSea!

Symphorest
-- First of all, this artwork and worldbuilding is incredible! You guys really made me feel like something incredible was about to happen! I mean, if this really were to be built in real-life, I think it would be one of the greatest introductions to any park!
-- That Fantasia dark ride...wow, that was incredible! Again, the artwork was exemplary and I loved the story of each segment appearing as part of a magic spell gone wrong.
-- All About Jazz was a nice tribute to the legends of jazz, and I loved how the music was woven into the story.
-- As someone who grew up watching Disney's Sing-Along Songs, Professor Owl's schoolhouse gave me so much joy. I loved the reference to Melody with "the bird and the cricket and the willow tree." But regarding the instruments exhibit, I really do wish you could have thrown in a cameo from the four cavemen.
-- The restaurants were very nice. I can easily imagine the Tea Garden being quite a popular location. And the Soul Club, complete with live performances from Joe Gardner and Dorothea Williams...where do I make the reservations?
-- Symphonia was a pretty nice spectacular; but I wish there could have been a "dark moment" -- maybe the villains appearing to sing their songs, or music representing sad moments; leading into a moment of "restoration" -- the heroes defeating the villains; or some other song of courage and moving on? In fact, regarding the villains, their segment could lead to the "moment of triumph" mashup moment that is laid out in the description.
-- Pepperland was a very interesting choice. Honestly, I would love to see Disney utilize the Beatles for the inevitable Rock 'n' Rollercoaster re-theme; so having a whole Disney theme park land devoted to the Fab Four makes me happy. The Yellow Submarine Adventure was a pretty nice dark ride, and you captured the movie's psychedelic tone perfectly. I think this would make for quite a fun dark ride, probably on terms with the original Journey Into Imagination in terms of imagery. The Lonely Hearts Club definitely made me nostalgic for the days when the British Invasion played EPCOT; and Sweet Apple Snax sounded appetizing.
-- Speaking of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, I wouldn't mind seeing Daft Punk replace Aerosmith, either. The Synth Coaster, to me, felt like the next generation of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster -- taking the basic "gotta get to the concert" premise of RnRC and applying it to a new coaster system.
-- I love how Synth City, despite only coming to be by digging and uprooting a portion of the Symphorest, has its own basis in music and compliments the Symphorest in its own way. And I think that by having the queue of Synthesia serve as a tribute to music's overall history, it feels as though Synth City is honoring the Symphorest's legacy. And having different changes in music makes this teacup ride stand out all the more. Your use of the Mary Poppins concept art really helped put things in perspective -- showing that it would utilize a similar projection effect. Although I would not be happy with the Mary Poppins teacup ride had it been built, I do admit the projection aspect is intriguing, as it can help tell a nice story, as your ride did here.
-- Nice way to tie TRON into the land with the End of Line Club; especially given the Daft Punk connection.
-- Guys, you have no idea how much I loved the idea of having a shop themed around "Take on Me", of all songs. That is just the kind of cheese that I am into.

FantaSea
-- I love the idea of having the mountain reflect all three of the park's sub-areas. Both of Disney World's water parks have that thing where the main mountain houses many experiences, and this feels like the next evolution of that.
-- Neverland was a nice "opening act." I wish there could have been a bit more description on the water slide, though. Clever touch on using the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship to represent Jolly Roger Refreshments. The seafood-based meal was the perfect bill of fare for a pirate restaurant; and the ice cream at Tinker Treats was mouth-watering.
-- Y'know, the choice to do the "wrong lever" gag as a trapdoor slide is so cliche...but it works. It's just too obvious. Naturally, it had to be here. And naturally, I love how you took the rollercoaster to the lab and made that a slide, as well.
-- I wonder if you based Pacha's Plunge off of the ending of the movie, where Kuzco and Pacha slide down the waterfall on the side of the hill?
-- Of course, Mudka's has to be the main eatery. Although the food listed was appetizing, I do wish you could have found a way to take the pillbug and make a meal out of that -- i;e something that looks like a pillbug, but is far more appetizing.
-- Regarding Kronk's Scout Troop...do you get an additional sticker if you demonstrate how fluent you are in speaking squirrel?
-- I love how Motonui brought together elements from the other Polynesia-set Disney movies and shorts. Likewise, I love how Journey of Water influenced the area. Journey of Water, to me, is that perfect blend of edutainment and entertainment, and the IP inclusion definitely helps kids get more engaged with it; so to see that tradition continue here is wonderful.
-- The Quest for Te Fiti could be a legit Disney dark ride/coaster hybrid. I was really amazed to see how you took a typical Disney book report ride and transposed it into a water-coaster. Well done on that count!
-- Maui's Welcome Show was pretty fun. I liked how it was just the one song and that's it. I love the implication that Maui is only doing this just to mess with people, hence why the show ends as soon as the song does. Short, sweet and to the point.
-- Lalotai was pretty interesting. I love the design aesthetic, and the Monster Run. However, I do wish Tamatoa had more of a presence besides just his eyes watching you. I would've had him be an interactive animatronic who would occasionally pop out and be his usual snarky self.

Isles of Tahiti
-- First of all, I love how you guys continued the tradition of the Polynesian Village Resort giving you a lei as you enter.
-- In fact, I really like how this is basically a way to get the beauty of one of Disney World's most iconic resorts over to Disneyland. Very glad to see you have the waterfall garden in the lobby; a nice nod to something that isn't at the Floridian resort anymore.
-- The restaurants were very elegant. I can almost picture The Wayfinder as something of a Polynesian Victoria & Albert's. Rather impressed to see that you went with something a bit more upscale for this resort. Camakau Coastline was very nice, too. I liked how you used the sails as a form of shade.
-- Very glad to see that you have a luau show near the pool...which is something else the Polynesian doesn't have anymore. In fact, I'm actually hoping that when the new DVC tower opens, they'll have the luau reopen there. I mean, they're basing the exterior design off of the original concept art, so why not honor the history of the resort by bringing back the luau?

Downtown Disney
-- I never knew the Disneyland hotels had their own bus service. I assumed that footpower was the only way to get around for hotel guests there, given that everything is well within walking distance and not spread out over miles and miles, like at WDW. Bonus points for teaching me something about Disneyland logistics.
-- Nice to see that AMC would still be part of Downtown Disney in some way. Admittedly, the drive-in is quite a nifty concept. Nice way to bring back an old pop culture staple; while still maintaining that Disney charm.
-- I also like how you had the monorail station repurposed to serve the Disneyland Forward expansion. I've heard that many people don't like how it directly serves Downtown Disney and not any of the hotels; so by having it be part of the hub of the new expansion, I think it has a greater purpose.
-- Muppet Mini-Golf...no notes. The more Muppets, the better. This was just pure Muppets pandemonium in the best way. I mean, I'm still salty that Muppet*Vision is no longer at DCA, so this would be an incredible way to bring them back to Disneyland.

Overall, this was all incredible! I know Disneyland is mainly going to use those parking lots as means to expand the existing parks, but these experiences would really help to flesh out the resort even more. Job well done, everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom