Citrus Dreamin' - Game Thread

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
That being said, I do wish there was a bit more of a connection or theme or story that ties it all together.
This was lost in the PMS:

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a magical spring where a spirit lived. While the spirit fed beautiful gardens. she was
ArtStation Fantasy Island Waterfall, 46% OFF
curious and flowed great distances where she encountered enchanted stories. Upon returning home, the spirit used her powers to sculpt stone, branches, and banks into intricate shapes resembling those she met. As she bubbled and sparkled in pools. fountains, and waterfalls, the spirit often sang melodies discovered on her many journeys.

One day, the spirit discovered that she wasn't the only keeper of stories. The water whispered stories of a mysterious island where adventures of even purer magic soared... She followed the sound, the enchanting call and music of the water around her, and when she reached it, she found a stunning Island surrounded by a sea of dreams...

The Fantasea.

This hasn't been a consistent issue with @Architectural Guinea Pig, they've been pretty regularly a good teammate and a level headed leader. But AGP I want to just give you the advise to be careful when working in teams to be a bit more flexible. You're building something together and sometimes that means listening a bit closer to teammates concerns and waiting for them. We've all been there and we've all had times getting caught up in the moment taking over a project a bit, just something to be careful of.
Yeah, this was a problem on my side. Initially, I remember we were talking about splitting the forward's multiple areas into different user's "passion projects" that could follow their vision for it, so I spearheaded the waterpark even if it got a bit excessive. Thank you for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind for Space's SA comp :)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Imagineering Expedition #12

vUZkqpy.png

GEBNxkL.png

Let's go out with a bang!

--What you need to know--

l7RnBAX.png

A meteorite has crashed in Walt Disney World! Destroying Jungle Cruise and nothing else (in an amazing coincidence, the meteorite was perfectly Jungle Cruise shaped). While Disney could just rebuild the beloved Jungle Cruise, perhaps it is best to look at this freak cosmic accident as an opportunity.

An open field right in a prime location ready to be developed into whatever amazing idea Imagineers can come up with! A brand new Orange Grove, metaphorically speaking.

1k1rG03.png

This space is roughly 5.5 Acres to use as you see fit. One new sprawling E-Ticket, a small-ish new land (roughly the size of Disneyland's Toontown or Avengers Campus), a new sub-area of Adventureland, a rebuilt Jungle Cruise, an expanded space for the Smellaphants to go on parade, a small restaurant with the rest saved for future expansions, whatever you would like!

This freak, Jungle cruise shaped meteorite gave you this space and now it is up to you what to do with it!

--The Prompt--

BwV8OR3.png

Pitch what you would build in the smoldering crater where Jungle Cruise once stood

It isn't fully blue sky as the goal is to come up with something that could happen, but this is a large space right in the center of Adventureland for you to do as you'd like with!

While it is connected to Adventureland, but you do have the option of sectioning off your expansion to create a small, new land if you wish. Just keep in mind how it would transition and its location.

This is a SOLO Expedition. So, players will work on solo projects, not one team project

This is the Final Expedition.
Based on this Expedition and on the Game thus far, the winner of Citrus Dreamin' will be revealed at the end of it!

--Helpful Advice--

Have Fun!
By now, you know all about plussing projects, creating interesting presentations, finding the balance between blue sky and realism, how to let your skills/personality shine through, how art and music can add to project even if it is just taken from Google Images or Spotify, and how to effectively manage your time to avoid a last minute crunch. All the advice I have left to give boils down to this: Have fun with it!

--When is it due?--

This project is due in 9 Days on Wednesday, June 5th, 2024 at 11:59 pm WDW Time
(9 pm Disneyland Time, 11 pm Six Flags over Texas Time, 2 pm the next day Tokyo Disneyland Time)

--Some Brainstorming Music--

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

vUZkqpy.png

GEBNxkL.png

l7RnBAX.png

A meteorite has crashed in Walt Disney World! Destroying Jungle Cruise and nothing else (in an amazing coincidence, the meteorite was perfectly Jungle Cruise shaped). While Disney could just rebuild the beloved Jungle Cruise, perhaps it is best to look at this freak cosmic accident as an opportunity.

An open field right in a prime location ready to be developed into whatever amazing idea Imagineers can come up with! A brand new Orange Grove, metaphorically speaking.

1k1rG03.png

This space is roughly 5.5 Acres to use as you see fit. One new sprawling E-Ticket, a small-ish new land (roughly the size of Disneyland's Toontown or Avengers Campus), a new sub-area of Adventureland, a rebuilt Jungle Cruise, an expanded space for the Smellaphants to go on parade, a small restaurant with the rest saved for future expansions, whatever you would like!

This freak, Jungle cruise shaped meteorite gave you this space and now it is up to you what to do with it!

--The Prompt--

BwV8OR3.png

Pitch what you would build in the smoldering crater where Jungle Cruise once stood

It isn't fully blue sky as the goal is to come up with something that could happen, but this is a large space right in the center of Adventureland for you to do as you'd like with!

While it is connected to Adventureland, but you do have the option of sectioning off your expansion to create a small, new land if you wish. Just keep in mind how it would transition and its location.

This is a SOLO Expedition. So, players will work on solo projects, not one team project

Based on this Expedition and on the Game thus far, the winner of Citrus Dreamin' will be revealed at the end of it!

--Helpful Advice--

Have Fun!
By now, you know all about plussing projects, creating interesting presentations, finding the balance between blue sky and realism, how to let your skills/personality shine through, how art and music can add to project even if it is just taken from Google Images or Spotify, and how to effectively manage your time to avoid a last minute crunch. All the advice I have left to give boils down to this: Have fun with it!

--When is it due?--

(9 pm Disneyland Time, 11 pm Six Flags over Texas Time, 2 pm the next day Tokyo Disneyland Time)

2 minor notes of things lost from wifi dropping out and quickly pasting an older draft that I've edited back in:

This is a SOLO Project, not a team one

And this is due on Wednesday the 5th, not Monday the 3rd

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Let me unveil our Final 3!

@Architectural Guinea Pig
@JokersWild
@MonorailRed
@spacemt354

I'm bad at counting to 3! So enjoy what some scientists are calling: A Final 4

A proper goodbye and rankings for the eliminated players will come tomorrow when my Wi-Fi is working lol
In 8th Place, @PerGron
Unfortunately, real life complications caused PerGron to have to step away. But he did amazing work all season on incredible projects! His talents for backstories, original characters/locations, immersive environments, and detailed worlds are unparalleled! It was an honor to have him sailing with us on our cruise through the jungle

In 7.5th Place, @AceAstro
The only player to get eliminated twice, Ace was a strong player all season who had to step down himself. But when PerGron stepped away Ace came back for one final ride and did some amazing work on the Forward Expedition and was a great support player for the team!

In 7th Place, @WaltWiz1901
You have the talent and you have some really great ideas! You were really just starting to come into your own here and I cannot wait to see what you'll do next in upcoming games! Really just need a bit more confidence in your talents and to be a bit better at navigating team dynamics and you have the makings of a real power house!

In 6th Place, @Lord Fozzinator
For being pretty new to these games, you quickly established yourself as an imagineer to watch! Some of the most detailed and realistic maps I've ever seen, a real sense of grounded placemaking, a great eye for fun show scenes. You're still learning exactly how to most effectively focus your skills and you're still expanding those skills. But you've grown so much just over these last two months and I can't wait to watch you keep growing in future games!

In 5th Place, @Outbound
One of the best ride designers on the forum! A great eye for plusses and a great sense of how to create incredible and unique experiences. That Jazz ride was a triumph and the work you've done with audio this season has been a real treat to see...err... a real treat to hear! It's always nice to see an experienced veteran not just rest on their laurels and push themselves to new heights!

Thank you all so much for joining us on this Adventure, I'd love to have anyone interested hang around as a guest judge and help decide on the final winner of Citrus Dreamin'

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No

vUZkqpy.png

GEBNxkL.png

l7RnBAX.png

1k1rG03.png

--The Prompt--

BwV8OR3.png

--Helpful Advice--

Have Fun!

--When is it due?--

What the hell happened to jungle cruise. I thought the jungle cruise was supposed to be cool not hot.

NateD1226

I know this is coming out a couple of days after the submission date, but I still wanted to give feedback and applaud/celebrate all the outstanding work you all put into this. Oh, and my fingers were just typing away, so I am also splitting the review into two posts!

Citrus Dreamin' Guest Review

First off, what a crazy team you all make! There was so much creativity throughout the PMs, with each of you constantly spewing out different ideas that worked in many imaginative ways. I would read all of them and hope you could make all these incredible ideas work into one park! With that, let’s dive in!

DISNEY'S SYMPHOREST PARK
  • Going the music route felt like a beautiful way to capture a fundamental Disney element that truly never gets an obvious representation. You’d think that Disney would work more to promote the musical aspect of all their projects in a grander setting, so it was nice to see all of you tackle that idea.
  • Just like Pi, I also did not really know what a boutique park was. I just assumed it was a smaller theme park? I don’t know if that is what you all had in mind when you used that description, but I guess it kinda works with what you have lol. Perhaps that is where the details lack a bit. I was waiting for the explanation on how it implements itself into its surroundings, like the more “businessy” aspects of it all.
  • However, that Overture description…wow!!! It was the perfect way to settle into this project and immerse myself in the Symphorest. Incredible work with both the writing and the music @JokersWild !
  • Moving on over to Fantasia: A Spellbound Journey, what a delightful attraction from @MonorailRed ! Utilizing the boat ride technology was a great idea, and I wish you dove deeper into it just a bit more. The queue and pre-show fit so well into the Symphorest world, showing such strong care in making sure the details fit the setting the ride resides in. For the actual ride portion, however, I feel like you limited yourself by just using the scenes in the film. The Symphorest is described as a place where music of all types come alive in many different ways, and this would have been the perfect time to insert an original scene or two. However, who doesn’t love the stories in Fantasia? They certainly do have a powerful effect in storytelling and you make that known.
  • Just a nitpick that goes for everyone, but when you write dialogue on a doc in the form of a script, try bolding the character’s name and maybe color code each character as well. It just helps offer the eyes a new visual pattern that is not just the green text.
  • While I’m here, I have to discuss the amazing art by @MonorailRed . You blew my mind every single time you sent in a new piece of art. They added so much to the projects, providing the vividly perfect companion to the written descriptions.
  • When the idea of including jazz was first brought up, I was a bit skeptical. Of course, jazz is a monumental element in the music landscape, but to me, jazz does not correlate with the woodsy/forest aesthetic you all so heavily described in the first couple of pages. Now, I will admit that I still don’t think it's the best fit for this specific land, and maybe it should have gotten its own land, but All About Jazz is a damn good ride. @Outbound , you created pure magic through your writing. I want this attraction to materialize in real life ASAP!!! The passion placed into this attraction is beyond plentiful, as it truly reaches new heights of creativity that fit so fantastically in the overall music theme of the park.
  • As a kid, I repeatedly watched Disney’s Sing Along Songs, with Professor Owl’s segment being one of my favorite parts of the program. @WaltWiz1901 , you captured the pure joy of that segment with such ease in Symphorest Schoolhouse! I would love to experience this in person, as it is a childhood memory I still think about to this day lol. I think a bit more information and maybe a few pictures would help tie this all together, but overall, great work!
  • Both The Soul Club and The Tea Garden are nice additions to the space and really build on the attractions and land details that came before.
  • @AceAstro , Symphonia is such a fun nighttime show! The name even has that ring to it like Fantasmic does. There was such a great array of Disney tunes from their most popular tales to some of their more underrated ones. (My heart is filled with happiness after the Enchanted inclusion) Just a small critique, but the writing lacks a bit of the pizzazz a nighttime show should have. All the elements are there, but it is kinda described as going from point A to point B to Point C and so on. Other than that, I loved it!
  • Just like the jazz portion, I was a bit skeptical about throwing in The Beatles into the mix. Yet, @JokersWild , you sold me! You describe Pepperland with such a whimsical flare that entrances any reader into going along with any of the fun you describe. I know very little about the Beatles and even less about Yellow Submarine. However, you made this ride seem like a trip and more! Again, I am not entirely sure what was going on, but the descriptions and the images made the ride seem like a super cool experience.
  • I am really enjoying the incorporation of live music into this park overall. From The Soul Club to Lonely Hearts Club, smaller, more intimate live entertainment has been missing from the parks, and you all nailed reviving it.
  • Heading over to Synth City, this is where I was hoping you guys would do a Jazz land. I know it was mentioned for a bit and then the discussion moved over to a synth themed area, leaving me just a tad bit upset the Jazz idea was not fleshed out fully. However, I do love the end result that is Synth City.
  • Daft Punk's Synth Coaster seems like a blast, and the designing and randomization experience before the actual ride is such an intriguing concept. Also, thanks for including imagery of what a Bobsled Coaster is because, without it, I would have just assumed it was similar to Matterhorn lol
  • Similar to Pi, I also have mixed feelings about Synthesia. It is a bit scattered in what it wants to be, not really feeling immersed in the Synth City surroundings. However, I have always wondered why nobody has done a teacup ride with the projection technology, and, @Architectural Guinea Pig , you did it. You make the tech seem like a flawless fit for the ride system, so thank you for bringing one of my wishes to life!

NateD1226

Citrus Dreamin' Guest Review (Part 2)

DISNEY'S FANTASEA WATER PARK

• I’m gonna be brutally honest here. I really did not want you all to go down the Fantasy Springs path. It had just opened, and grasping onto the hottest and most fresh Disney experience and utilizing it in our work is something we all do. I totally get the excitement surrounding it because I have done it here a few times myself. However, it felt like a safe option to dive into, especially in such a big round like this. Pushing the boundaries on the theme of a water park would have definitely been even more exciting than bringing Fantasy Springs to California. But I have to say, @Architectural Guinea Pig , with that map and intro, you had me hooked to the idea of FantaSea!
  • Neverland being the entrance to the park makes perfect sense, really immersing guests into that fantasy world. You don’t go overboard with it, which is nice because it makes it accessible for all guests, creating such a charming but also welcoming land that highlights all the ideas of classic waterparks before getting into the grander, more Disney-esque experiences deeper into the park.
  • Kuzcotopia was another PERFECT choice for this park, and you killed it @spacemt354 ! The Wrong Lever/Right Lever slides are such a fun gag that capture that strong comedic tone that makes the film so special. Oh, and Mudka's Meat Hut by @MonorailRed ? Delicious! I never thought a breakfast burrito at a waterpark would sound so scrumptious LMAO! Great menu!
  • Onto Motunui! Just like Pi said, keeping it just Moana themed would have worked just fine. Over at Fantasy Springs, each IP is by itself. There are no other princesses taking over Arendelle or Corona. You already have plenty of Moana elements that leaving behind Lilo & Stitch and Lava wouldn’t have taken away from anything.
  • Nevertheless, what you did, @Architectural Guinea Pig , is quite strong! A water coaster was a must, and you did a great job bringing The Quest for Te Fiti to life. I would have loved even more details about it because it seems like this was a big staple attraction in the park. Maui’s Welcome Show is another great addition, bringing out some necessary entertainment balance in the park.
  • Disney’s Isles of Tahiti Resort is a great hotel experience! As a DLR resident, our Disney hotels aren’t that great lol. The Grand Californian Hotel is our shining star, and Isles of Tahiti reminded me a lot of it in terms of its scope and aesthetic. Personally, I don’t think it needed another pool and slide, especially because the waterpark has so many slides itself, but hey, there is no harm in having it there. @spacemt354, you nailed the restaurants, having such a great variety in options, and the description of the lobby feels so vivid. The only thing that felt missing was a separate kids play area or activity room full of games and what not. It would have tied this already incredible resort together even more.
  • I somewhat take back my comment from the previous review about the logistics of this expansion because here it is lol! From the buses to the drive-in theater, you touched on most of the topics at hand. I would have loved to have seen a bit more of a connection to the Disneyland brand as a whole, but that is just me being nitpicky.
  • Last but not least, we have Muppets Mini-Golf! Not gonna lie, this sort of just comes out of nowhere, feeling a bit disconnected from the project as a whole. However, it's Muppets!!! When were they ever serious? @Lord Fozzinator , you do a great job really inserting that Muppets brand into this experience, making it feel like a must-do nighttime activity for anyone who steps into that area!

Overall, this was a FANTASTIC project!!! There is over 100 pages worth of content here, and you all should be so proud of every single detail found throughout each page. For the players whose journeys have ended, it was so amazing to watch you create such amazing concepts, and I can’t wait to see what you do next. For the finalists, good luck! I am very excited to see how you replace the Jungle Cruise.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Attention Adventurers!

Due to some unforeseen circumstances
(perhaps due to mischief caused by the Evil
Lemon Bird, the rival of Orange Bird, or perhaps due to injuries/illness that the host team of this competition are technically not legally liable for as our boats are definitely up to code), @spacemt354 and @JokersWild have had to bow out of the competition. And i do invite them to take a bow on their way out as they have definitely earned it after playing an amazing season!

In light of these issues, the remaining two finalists have been given an extra day to work on their projects if they would like it.

The Final Expedition now ends
Thursday, June 6th at 11:59 PM WDW Time

JokersWild

Sorry, guys. The evil Lemon Bird cursed me with a stomach bug so I’ve been out of commission for most of the week. I’m incredibly excited to see AGP’s and Red’s projects. I’m sure they’ll both be spectacular.

I’d also again like to say how amazing this game has been. Pi and OB have both been amazing hosts and judges, and it feels like the community is really coming together again. I’m incredibly happy to have made it to finals, though my arrival at the finish line has been more of a limp than a sprint. I’d always considered Symphorest more of my final, or most substantial, mark on the season anyway.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I’ve been visited by the neutral Key Lime Bird and the equally neutral Pink Grapefruit Bird. Both of them told me cryptic prophecies regarding the rest of my life!
Be careful with cryptic prophecies from Key Lime Bird and Pink Grapefruite Bird. One of them tells only lies while one of them tells only truths

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom