Citrus Dreamin' - Game Thread

WaltWiz1901

• @WaltWiz1901 it took some time to fully find your footing in this game and to get used to working in a team dynamic under a time crunch, but once you did find your footing you hit the ground running! You have amazing ideas, your writing is great, talented with multiple forms of artwork! Once you iron out the kinks of working with a team in these games (the social game as Tiki calls it), you're gonna do amazing! A true Power House in the making! And I can't wait to see your dream projects come together too!
This is very high praise indeed - I am honored!
Introduction/Queue - @DisneyManOne (with slight edits for continuity sake by Ace I thhhiiiink but not sure)
Those "slight edits" you mention were by yours truly! You know you've got a point when even who you call the best writer in the community thinks they improved upon what he had down here

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Welcome to the FINAL River!

Citrus Dreamin' will be divided into 5 Wondrous Rivers with each new river adding a new twist or element to the gameplay.

The fifth and final river we encounter is the creatively named FINAL River! There will be two Imagineering Expeditions along this river, each focused on more open and blue sky projects. This started off inspired by how Disneyland began as just an Orange Grove and a dream. From that, theme parks as we know them were born. Now, as finalists, it's time to get your own Orange Grove and start with some Citrus Dreamin'

*Ding* Roll Credits

This River will begin with just our 8 Finalists. But after this next Expedition, we will go down to just the Final 3 for the Last Expedition and our grand finale

Now, to reveal out Final 8!

@Architectural Guinea Pig, Winner of the Golden Dole Whip

@PerGron, Winner of Team Bird's Popular Vote

@Outbound, Winner of Team Boat's Popular Vote

@spacemt354, Tied Winner of Team Boat's Popular Vote

@WaltWiz1901,Winner of the
We hear Walt is a whiz of a Walt If ever a Wiz there was
Award

@JokersWild, Winner of the Most Likely to be Asleep when a prompt is Posted Award

@Lord Fozzinator, Winner of the Most Likely to make a Second Account for a Gag within the next Month Award

@MonorailRed, Winner of the Least Likely to be Seen in the Same Room as Mary Blair Award

This does mean saying a fond farewell to some incredibly strong Imagineers.

In 13th Place, @DisneyManOne
You've got talent as one of the best writers I've ever seen on the boards! You tend to be laser focused on that though and I'd love to see you work on a more well rounded repertoire. But still, you're work is astounding and you've done incredible work this season! That Little Shop show is a stand out moment!

In 12th Place, @Brer Panther
I have seen you grow so much as an Imagineer and when you are on it you are ON IT! You're a tremendous asset to your team and a wonderful artist. If you just found a way to do slightly more detailed or lengthy write ups you'd be in the Final 8 of any game no problem. You've got the talent, you just need to step into the spotlight!

In 11th Place, @ThemeParkPriest
Honestly, one of the biggest things holding you back is how demanding your, let's say, day job is. You're incredibly talented and incredibly dedicated. You've been finding more and more ways to incorporate your passions into projects and have grown so much even just during this one game. For a relatively newish player, you attained veteran status right away and earned it!

10th Place, @Tegan pilots a chicken
The mistress of markers, killer of jokers (the comic book character, not the imagineer), and forum's resident wildest thinker! It was interesting and really interesting to see you step back a bit from your usual leading role to play as a supporting imagineer focused on the brainstorming/development/smaller details. Perhaps a bit too much support to become a finalist here, but a really fun change of pace to see. Even in a smaller role you still find ways to shine!

9th Place, @AceAstro
This one will probably shock some people, especially considering this is the Year of Ace after all. But between some upcoming responsibilities at work that give you less time this next week of so as well as your desire to support newer or less commonly active imagineers, you made it clear that while you definitely weren't stepping down you were ok if you didn't continue. You've become a real leader on these boards and one of the best of us!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Welcome to the FINAL River!

Citrus Dreamin' will be divided into 5 Wondrous Rivers with each new river adding a new twist or element to the gameplay.

The fifth and final river we encounter is the creatively named FINAL River! There will be two Imagineering Expeditions along this river, each focused on more open and blue sky projects. This started off inspired by how Disneyland began as just an Orange Grove and a dream. From that, theme parks as we know them were born. Now, as finalists, it's time to get your own Orange Grove and start with some Citrus Dreamin'

*Ding* Roll Credits

This River will begin with just our 8 Finalists. But after this next Expedition, we will go down to just the Final 3 for the Last Expedition and our grand finale

Now, to reveal out Final 8!

@Architectural Guinea Pig, Winner of the Golden Dole Whip

@PerGron, Winner of Team Bird's Popular Vote

@Outbound, Winner of Team Boat's Popular Vote

@spacemt354, Tied Winner of Team Boat's Popular Vote

@WaltWiz1901,Winner of the
We hear Walt is a whiz of a Walt If ever a Wiz there was
Award

@JokersWild, Winner of the Most Likely to be Asleep when a prompt is Posted Award

@Lord Fozzinator, Winner of the Most Likely to make a Second Account for a Gag within the next Month Award

@MonorailRed, Winner of the Least Likely to be Seen in the Same Room as Mary Blair Award

This does mean saying a fond farewell to some incredibly strong Imagineers.

In 13th Place, @DisneyManOne
You've got talent as one of the best writers I've ever seen on the boards! You tend to be laser focused on that though and I'd love to see you work on a more well rounded repertoire. But still, you're work is astounding and you've done incredible work this season! That Little Shop show is a stand out moment!

In 12th Place, @Brer Panther
I have seen you grow so much as an Imagineer and when you are on it you are ON IT! You're a tremendous asset to your team and a wonderful artist. If you just found a way to do slightly more detailed or lengthy write ups you'd be in the Final 8 of any game no problem. You've got the talent, you just need to step into the spotlight!

In 11th Place, @ThemeParkPriest
Honestly, one of the biggest things holding you back is how demanding your, let's say, day job is. You're incredibly talented and incredibly dedicated. You've been finding more and more ways to incorporate your passions into projects and have grown so much even just during this one game. For a relatively newish player, you attained veteran status right away and earned it!

10th Place, @Tegan pilots a chicken
The mistress of markers, killer of jokers (the comic book character, not the imagineer), and forum's resident wildest thinker! It was interesting and really interesting to see you step back a bit from your usual leading role to play as a supporting imagineer focused on the brainstorming/development/smaller details. Perhaps a bit too much support to become a finalist here, but a really fun change of pace to see. Even in a smaller role you still find ways to shine!

9th Place, @AceAstro
This one will probably shock some people, especially considering this is the Year of Ace after all. But between some upcoming responsibilities at work that give you less time this next week of so as well as your desire to support newer or less commonly active imagineers, you made it clear that while you definitely weren't stepping down you were ok if you didn't continue. You've become a real leader on these boards and one of the best of us!
Congrats to the final 8!!!

While I do wish I was joining you on your semi-final river, I’m very excited to see some of our newer players have an opportunity to shine! This year looks incredibly promising and fun for the forum!!

Good luck to everyone!! 💖

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
ILY Pi! 🥲💖

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Imagineering Expedition #11

IDB46rt.png

7s07ouy.png

Let's look ahead towards the exciting new Future of the Disneyland Resort!

--What you need to know--

hVun6qL.png

The Disneyland Forward project was recently given final approval by the city of Anaheim setting Disneyland and California Adventure up for their biggest expansions ever! Arguably the closest they've come in decades to the "Orange Grove and a Dream" level of possibility that Disneyland was founded on. HUGE new space and HUGE new opportunities for major new wings of both Disneyland Park and California Adventure. Or maybe even a whole 3rd Gate!

2CRopdN.png

This expansion has the potential to reshape the entire resort! Whether its one really weirdly shaped new park or adding 2-3 new huge lands to both Disneyland and DCA, this is a real game changer! And now it's your chance to change the game!
Here is your Orange Grove Imagineers!
Enjoy

--The Prompt--

rbuPLzG.png

Pitch how you would use Disneyland Forward! This can be a Third Gate or Expansions to Both Parks or a Third Option you come up with (Rock Wall City?)

It isn't fully blue sky as the goal is to come up with something that could happen, but this is a ton of space and a TON of money coming in here so practically speaking the sky is the limit!

f8a1IIC.png

This is the Penultimate Expedition.
After this Expedition, we will go down to our Final 3 for the Grand Finale!

--Team Skippers--

Give it up for...

Skipper @Pi on my Cake?

That's right! I'll step in to help keep things organized and on track (maybe have a bit of fun here and there too). Maybe handle some of the "boring" stuff that no one wants to do. That way, the Finalists can just focus on the things they're passionate about AND I get a front row seat as you battle it out to win a spot in the final 3. Though "battle" might not be the right word since we're all in this together and I hope we can make something great!

--Helpful Advice--

Let what makes you YOU shine through!
If you've made it this far, I already know you're one of the best. So, show me what makes you special! Work with your interests, show off your talents, get weird with it, get practical with it, do whatever you're best at. Now is your time to shine, so show off a bit!

--When is it due?--

This project is due in 9 Days on Saturday, May 25th, 2024 at 11:59 pm WDW Time
(9 pm Disneyland Time, 11 pm Six Flags over Texas Time, 2 pm the next day Tokyo Disneyland Time)

--Some Brainstorming Music--

AceAstro

9th Place, @AceAstro
Just gives me more time to write new Birdman articles

Queen Laughing GIF

JokersWild

It was interesting and really interesting
Pi’s thesaurus is in the mail.

Seriously, though, I REALLY appreciate the kind words about the Alice ride, as well as during the little contestant retrospective you gave at the beginning of your reviews. Thank you so much for putting on such a stellar, unique game. It’s been such a positive experience for me, and it’s been great seeing the boards come back, if even just a little bit.

Can’t wait to see how these last two rounds pan out.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Imagineering Expedition #11

IDB46rt.png

7s07ouy.png

Let's look ahead towards the exciting new Future of the Disneyland Resort!

--What you need to know--

hVun6qL.png

The Disneyland Forward project was recently given final approval by the city of Anaheim setting Disneyland and California Adventure up for their biggest expansions ever! Arguably the closest they've come in decades to the "Orange Grove and a Dream" level of possibility that Disneyland was founded on. HUGE new space and HUGE new opportunities for major new wings of both Disneyland Park and California Adventure. Or maybe even a whole 3rd Gate!

2CRopdN.png

This expansion has the potential to reshape the entire resort! Whether its one really weirdly shaped new park or adding 2-3 new huge lands to both Disneyland and DCA, this is a real game changer! And now it's your chance to change the game!
Here is your Orange Grove Imagineers!
Enjoy

--The Prompt--

rbuPLzG.png

Pitch how you would use Disneyland Forward! This can be a Third Gate or Expansions to Both Parks or a Third Option you come up with (Rock Wall City?)

It isn't fully blue sky as the goal is to come up with something that could happen, but this is a ton of space and a TON of money coming in here so practically speaking the sky is the limit!

f8a1IIC.png

This is the Penultimate Expedition.
After this Expedition, we will go down to our Final 3 for the Grand Finale!

--Team Skippers--

Give it up for...

Skipper @Pi on my Cake?

That's right! I'll step in to help keep things organized and on track (maybe have a bit of fun here and there too). Maybe handle some of the "boring" stuff that no one wants to do. That way, the Finalists can just focus on the things they're passionate about AND I get a front row seat as you battle it out to win a spot in the final 3. Though "battle" might not be the right word since we're all in this together and I hope we can make something great!

--Helpful Advice--

Let what makes you YOU shine through!
If you've made it this far, I already know you're one of the best. So, show me what makes you special! Work with your interests, show off your talents, get weird with it, get practical with it, do whatever you're best at. Now is your time to shine, so show off a bit!

--When is it due?--

This project is due in 9 Days on Saturday, May 25th, 2024 at 11:59 pm WDW Time
(9 pm Disneyland Time, 11 pm Six Flags over Texas Time, 2 pm the next day Tokyo Disneyland Time)

--Some Brainstorming Music--

If anyone wants to be added as a guest judge and watch the Final 8 work as if they are fish in an aquarium, let me know! The more the merrier!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Pi’s thesaurus is in the mail.
Words are difficult! And also difficult!

Seriously, though, I REALLY appreciate the kind words about the Alice ride, as well as during the little contestant retrospective you gave at the beginning of your reviews. Thank you so much for putting on such a stellar, unique game. It’s been such a positive experience for me, and it’s been great seeing the boards come back, if even just a little bit.

Can’t wait to see how these last two rounds pan out.
I have had such a fun time and I really am honored, so happy, and honored by everyone else seeming to have as much fun as I have. Thanks for being such a stellar, unique player!

You know ILY too!!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I was just about to PM you about it! DL is my home park, and I would love to see how everyone integrates this huge expansion into the two parks, DTD, etc. Sign me up!
Added!
Added! Please don't tap the glass! Or do? I don't remember I'm not a fish guy. Shaking the bag sounds like it would be a good way to give the fish a theme park ride type experience so definitely do that!

JokersWild

Catching up with the podcast now, just wanted to mention that Alice’s mirroring of DLR’s version was purposeful. We tried setting it up in our intro, but it was meant to be an update, to an extent, of the original, kind of in line with HKDL’s initial purpose of being a celebration of 50 years of Disneyland.

I totally get the want to have the Queen of Hearts as the finale, but I much prefer the up tempo ending with the Mad Tea Party.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'd love to be a guest judge!
Added!

been a little distracted lately but i’m back and will be giving my thoughts on the finals. also apparently there was some INTENSE drama about Pi meeting the Smellephants, I don’t have enough knowledge of the current Smellephant political state to comment though.
A Smellephant Centrist (Smellentrist)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom