Citrus Dreamin' - Game Thread

Chaos Cat

I propose that Typhoon Lagoon gets THE DUCKING STOOL! Looks fun, doesn’t it?View attachment 775611
(I was looking at 17th century art and came upon this gem depicting a ducking stool, which was a type of punishment for women who were found guilty of a crime in those days in which the woman would be in a chair attached to a rope, which would lower the chair into the water below and submerge the woman. Jokes between me and my brother about how Disney should add this to the parks naturally ensued for some reason!)
Strangely, it wouldn't be the first time a ducking stool would be featured at the resort.

america-on-parade_disney-world-1976-bicentennial-parade_thomas-hawk.jpg

Pictured: An actual float from Disney's America on Parade, which performed at Magic Kingdom for the US Bicentennial.

cdunlap

TheOriginalTiki

Hold on to your hats kids, it's time for a DRAFT UPDATE.

As a reminder, @MonorailRed has officially been drafted as the sole member of Orange Bird's team. While Pi and I continue to play with the "Golf Points" system, OB has one goal and one goal only...If Red wins, he wins. Each round, an MVP will be drafted in the live chat of the podcast. The person who has the MVP on their team will get one point taken off of their overall score. If Red gets MVP (the only rule is you can't get it back to back projects) then as punishment Pi and I BOTH gain a five point penalty. (Pretty much what we get for me failing to remember she was on the cast and Pi failing to add her to the cast list on the first page at the time we recorded the actual draft :p )

Last week, Red did in fact win MVP which means Pi and I both went into the week with five points on the board. This week, @AceAstro has won MVP which takes a point off for Pi, making the score four to five. Of course with the first elimination of the game looming this round, the meta of the draft points will be shaken up dramatically. Can't wait to see how it all plays out, and let me just say that each and every one of you is delivering!

Team Pi (4 Points)
1180w-600h_IRIS_1-771-297c.jpg

As a reminder, @MonorailRed has officially been drafted as the sole member of Orange Bird's team. While Pi and I continue to play with the "Golf Points" system, OB has one goal and one goal only...If Red wins, he wins. Each round, an MVP will be drafted in the live chat of the podcast. The person who has the MVP on their team will get one point taken off of their overall score. If Red gets MVP (the only rule is you can't get it back to back projects) then as punishment Pi and I BOTH gain a five point penalty. (Pretty much what we get for me failing to remember she was on the cast and Pi failing to add her to the cast list on the first page at the time we recorded the actual draft :p )

Last week, Red did in fact win MVP which means Pi and I both went into the week with five points on the board. This week, @AceAstro has won MVP which takes a point off for Pi, making the score four to five. Of course with the first elimination of the game looming this round, the meta of the draft points will be shaken up dramatically. Can't wait to see how it all plays out, and let me just say that each and every one of you is delivering!

Team Pi (4 Points)

Don’t forget me for next round! My cruise just ended, and I’m good to go!

Lizzy May Bee

Team Pi (4 Points)

DRAFT!

TheOriginalTiki

Don’t forget me for next round! My cruise just ended, and I’m good to go!
Okay, I'm going to lay down some tough love here. Pi has repeatedly tried to talk to you about this issue in private. Whatever he ultimately decides is his call, but I respectfully ask that you don't keep bringing it up here. We all know you want to play. The only issue is this is an elimination-based game and especially after this current round having the game's first elimination on top of the dynamics between the players already being firmly established. It's ultimately Pi's decision, but it's definitely unconventional to add new people into casts this active this late into the game starting. I mean no disrespect here, but it feels like you're not really getting what Pi's been trying to say. Pi feel free to step in here, I apologize if I'm stepping over the line with this one.

Okay, I'm going to lay down some tough love here. Pi has repeatedly tried to talk to you about this issue in private. Whatever he ultimately decides is his call, but I respectfully ask that you don't keep bringing it up here. We all know you want to play. The only issue is this is an elimination-based game and especially after this current round having the game's first elimination on top of the dynamics between the players already being firmly established. It's ultimately Pi's decision, but it's definitely unconventional to add new people into casts this active this late into the game starting. I mean no disrespect here, but it feels like you're not really getting what Pi's been trying to say. Pi feel free to step in here, I apologize if I'm stepping over the line with this one.
It’s okay. But I made Orange Milkshakes for all the teams!

IMG_0347.jpeg
Hope you all like em’! I worked hard on finding oranges, I do wonder why I haven’t seen the orange bird himself today, he was sleeping in his cage, but he’s not there, where did he go?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I do appreciate it, especially since I'm at work and I can't respond to things quickly during the afternoon.

What you've said here is right. Late additions to games with eliminations are rare. They do happen sometimes, but generally only with really experienced players who can easily hop in. Between wanting to join late but not being available to join until even later, I was going to just say "no" right off the bat to be fair to the other players and to be fair to Fanboy since joining late for their first game ever puts them at a huge disadvantage. I offered them multiple other ways to be involved, but they were very insistent about wanting to play. So, I said I would give them a chance to do a practice prompt once they got home from the cruise to see if they would be able to keep up with the game if they hopped in. It is very much a maybe leaning towards probably not.

Again, it isn't fair to them or to the other players to join late when they've never done this before. But I told them I'd let the do a practice prompt before I made a final call. I've been trying to handle this gently and privately to find a way that can help Fanboy be ready for future games and stay involved here in a way they'll enjoy. Possibly as a guest judge like they had originally asked to be, or as the "Just for fun" solo player they asked for after that, or helping with writing the comics. There's options to be a part of this aside from playing that would likely be better for them and help them grow more at this time

Last edited:

Outbound

It’s okay. But I made Orange Milkshakes for all the teams!

Hope you all like em’! I worked hard on finding oranges, I do wonder why I haven’t seen the orange bird himself today, he was sleeping in his cage, but he’s not there, where did he go?
I do appreciate it, especially since I'm at work and I can't respond to thinks quickly during the afternoon.

What you've said here is right. Late additions to games with eliminations are rare. They do happen sometimes, but generally only with really experienced players who can easily hop in. Between wanting to join late but not being available to join until even later, I was going to just say "no" right off the bat to be fair to the other players and to be fair to Fanboy since joining late for their first game ever puts them at a huge disadvantage. I offered them multiple other ways to be involved, but they were very insistent about wanting to play. So, I said I would give them a chance to do a practice prompt once they got home from the cruise to see if they would be able to keep up with the game if they hopped in. It is very much a maybe leaning towards probably not.

Again, it isn't fair to them or to the other players to join late when they've never done this before. But I told them I'd let the do a practice prompt before I made a final call. I've been trying to handle this gently and privately to find a way that can help Fanboy be ready for future games and stay involved here in a way they'll enjoy. Possibly as a guest judge like they had originally asked to be, or as the "Just for fun" solo player they asked for after that, or helping with writing the comics. There's options to be a part of this aside from playing that would likely be better for them and help them grow more at this time
Hope I'm not stepping out of line here either, tho I agree with the above here. That said Fanboy your enthausim is really appreciated! Definitely keep that for when the next big competition comes up! ;)

Perhaps, given this round will see the first elimination, and over the next few weeks more and more players will be out of the game and wanting to play in a comp but unable, we could create something else for the forum... just saying...

1711821991604.png

I'd be happy to host, or let someone else if they'd prefer :)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hope I'm not stepping out of line here either, tho I agree with the above here. That said Fanboy your enthausim is really appreciated! Definitely keep that for when the next big competition comes up! ;)

Perhaps, given this round will see the first elimination, and over the next few weeks more and more players will be out of the game and wanting to play in a comp but unable, we could create something else for the forum... just saying...

View attachment 775736

I don't know exactly when, but I do know sooooomething like that is coming before long. I won't say from who in case that's meant to be a surprise

View attachment 775736

Thanks @Outbound ! I might join or not, but I will do 1SC! @AceAstro do we have a direct time for the next one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom