Cirque du Soleil "dark"

LivingtheDream

Original Poster
Cirque du Soleil will go "dark" (no shows scheduled) from Jan 20th til Jan 28th ... the normal schedule will resume on Jan 29th ... no reason was given for the closure

Thiger

that crew works so hard they probably just need a lil vacation from the vacation.

that was one of the best shows i've ever seen though...wow

Hrudey3032

Cirque du Soleil will go "dark" (no shows scheduled) from Jan 20th til Jan 28th ... the normal schedule will resume on Jan 29th ... no reason was given for the closure

Nooooooooooooooooooo!! Not while I'm there......oh wait I just won't pay the outrageous prices for a show of weird(yet cool)acts.So I guess I'm not missing anything unless they had discount tickets then I might go as most of my money is funneled towards the parks and souveniers!

maxe14

TICKET PRICES ($US)

Category Front and Center
Adults: $114.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $91.00 plus tax.

Category 1
Adults: $99.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $79.00 plus tax.

Category 2
Adults: $81.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $65.00 plus tax.
Category 3
Adults: $65.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $52.00 plus tax.

Category 4
Adults: $52.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $42.00 plus tax.

categories are based on location of seats on their seating plan

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/showstickets/lanouba/TicketsGeneral/seatingplan.htm

al5957

Nooooooooooooooooooo!! Not while I'm there......oh wait I just won't pay the outrageous prices for a show of weird(yet cool)acts.So I guess I'm not missing anything unless they had discount tickets then I might go as most of my money is funneled towards the parks and souveniers!

I will say that I could not believe how much tickets were when we went to the box office. The last day we were on our vacation we realized that we had like $400 left in spending money that we had put aside so we shelled out the $75 a ticket (i think thats how much it was). That was the most that i had ever payed for a stage ticket like that. The show was absolutely incredible and now after seeing it, the next time that we are down there the money for tickets will already be in the budget and i will be more than happy to pay it again.

PintoColvig

For a Cirque show, those prices are quite reasonable, and the show is well worth every prnny!
The prices seem steep for a one-and-a-half show when compared to the cost of a full day at a themepark. But when you consider the nature of what is going on (the venue, the personnel, the skill level, etc.), the price seems much more reasonable.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The prices seem steep for a one-and-a-half show when compared to the cost of a full day at a themepark. But when you consider the nature of what is going on (the venue, the personnel, the skill level, etc.), the price seems much more reasonable.

Go see a Cirque show anywhere else.. or any stage show in Vegas for instance. $100/ticket range is pretty normal. Try checking out a broadway play or similar!

Disney seems expensive if you compare it to the ball pit at the local kids gym - but they aren't the same... just as the stage shows are not the same as a theme park.

BruceWayne

Not to be rude, but when you are going to a show like Cirque, you are not going to a theme park or anything like that. Broadway/Vegas/London stage shows are very expensive because theyre very extravagant and have large casts and a number of things that cause the tickets to be so high in price.

Cirque is supposed to be a nice night at the theater, not something comparable to a theme park experience. So the price comparison with the theme park tickets is ridiculous. Good theater and good shows are expensive and should be nice experiences; the only reason its not nicer at WDW is because of all of the yokels/tourists who wear their hawaiian shirts and flip flops to a nice evening show.

You stay classy tourists...:ROFLOL:

Wakkie Nu Nu

What he said.

The big Cirque shows in Vegas are priced at LEAST this high, often higher. Speaking of, to those who have seen both, how does La Nouba compare with one of the big productions out in LV?

shoppingnut

The only said part about the cost of the tickets is that they are the same as going to most theater productions.

I'm not sure what theater production you can go to for $75, certainly not here in NY.

I took my 13 yr old nephew last year and he thought it was excellent, even much better than Blue Men Group, which we had seen two nights before at Universal. It was an amazing show and worth every penny. We sat down for the show and when it ended, I couldn't believe it was over, I said we couldn't have been here 1 1/2 hrs already.

There are certain times of the year that they offer AP discounts and I recall reading about buying the tickets through some place else for a slight discount, but can't recall where.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Add me in for a thumbs up and a definate money worth show!

I loved it! :ROFLOL:

I think one week off is not enough for the hard work that the cast puts in!

Philo

This happened last year too. We tried to book tickets towards the end of our holiday but couldn't get anything (the lady at the box office was a bit confused, she thought her machine was lying to her because there should be a show every night).

The good news is that we managed to get some the day before it closed and it was amazing! We didn't have very good seats (i.e. cheapest seats in the far corner) but I thought the view was great, kind of glad we didn't go for the expensive tickets!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom