Cinderellabration- The curtain closes

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
You know to my knowledge this is the first show or attraction that has closed that has not been met with the usual "It was the best thing on property! How could they close it! I am not renewing my AP!" outcry.
It was the best thing in on property...

...FOR ME TO P00P ON!

triumph.jpg

head mouse

It was the best thing in on property...

(I removed image to save the world from seeing it in back to back post)

Ok. The show was bad. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING in the world deserves to have that thing (dog) posted, or shoved in it's face.

Just the thought of it being posted on this site makes me sick.

head mouse

Yes, too bad that some things at WDW are designed for young kids. Why can't it all be about us???

If your refering to the show. I have heard more kids say it stunk then adults.

My sister and her son and her BF and his kids when and they all said the show was bad.

mrtoad

Great shots but I agree I am glad the show it going. It was a snoozer. The previous show was way, way, way better. Not knocking the cast, just the show.

PKD

From what I have heard the new show is going to be sooooo much better. It actually has a plot. And conflict. And Villians. :) And Pirates. And Princesses. And Dreams.

Gee....they are kinda trying pretty hard to tie it into the theme for the next eternity, aren't they???

THe new show "Dream along with Mickey" seems to be on the right track. WDW is currently receiving the new lighting & sound system as we speak.

My friends who performed in Cinderelabortion said the roles (tracks) where challenging & fun, but over all the show was horrible.

joanna71985

We are going Sept 23-29. Will there be no "Castle Show" (as my family calls it)? That is one of our favorite things!! We video them each year so we can watch them over and over (and over). Ok, so Cinderellabration wasn't so great, but it was better than nothing, right? RIGHT?!

Maybe the toaster idea isn't so bad.

No. There is no castle show until the new one opens, hopefully on the 30th.

lightboy

THe new show "Dream along with Mickey" seems to be on the right track. WDW is currently receiving the new lighting & sound system as we speak.

Incorrect. Very minimal is being added. It is mostly just the same on the lighting end...except just a different show and maybe a random new fixture here or there. No new systems are being installed for lighting or audio.

artvandelay

Incorrect. Very minimal is being added. It is mostly just the same on the lighting end...except just a different show and maybe a random new fixture here or there. No new systems are being installed for lighting or audio.

Are they using the same designer's?

JROK

As of today you could walk through the castle and they still had the crane and wall on the backside in Fantasyland... It's good to see this show go... I'm a passholder and only watched this show once, back during soft openings last year, and have avoided it like the plague... Bring on the new show!

PKD

Odd as WDW is buying a new set of fixtures for this show..... It's not a huge purchase like a brand new building, but more then just one or two here and there.

SIDENOTE: WDI is testing new lighting for Main Street so they can remove the lighting trees that "appear" at night. The new lighting will add a full spectrum of colors and effects for the entire length of the street.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Ok. The show was bad. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING in the world deserves to have that thing (dog) posted, or shoved in it's face.
oh... that show deserved it :)

Tapestry of Dreams, Journey into Imagination (v 2.0, no Figment), and Cinderellabration are the things that have earned it. The new MK parade is close to it, but not yet.

Just the thought of it being posted on this site makes me sick.

but I've posted so many much worse things :D

iheartdisney91

awesome pictures its sorta sad to see it go but it wasnt all that great! but i still needed to see it and i got the song stuck in me head.lol

PKD

Art-

No, different designers.

Convrsboy-

With all due respect, I think I would know what I'm installing :)

All good man, I just know what MK bought under the budget for the show. Maybe they are using it somewhere else but used the new show's name and design for the lights? Not the first time they have done that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom