Cinderella dessert

wdwlover

If this is on another thread - I apologize - I searched for some time before I posted this question .....so here goes....

I thought I had read that a "cinderella slipper" dessert was available...thought my girls would love this .....when I was making a ps the other day i asked about it - she went to find out and after about 8-10 minutes came back and told me it was only available at victoria and alberts.....

thought i would post the question here - just in case anyone knows differently

thanks

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
wdwlover said:
If this is on another thread - I apologize - I searched for some time before I posted this question .....so here goes....

I thought I had read that a "cinderella slipper" dessert was available...thought my girls would love this .....when I was making a ps the other day i asked about it - she went to find out and after about 8-10 minutes came back and told me it was only available at victoria and alberts.....

thanks

Last trip we ate at Cindi's and I dont remember that being offered. Have been to V & A but its been a couple of years. When we went, I do not recall it being and option for desert.

On another note, if your PS is around the time of the fireworks show, ask to sit near the window, its a great view....from what I remember....

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

wdwlover said:

thanks
I think this was a dessert that was offered at Cinderella's Royal Table but it was a few years ago. The only thing I am sure on from my trip in May was they have a royal sundae with a chocolate crown on the top of it. Sorry I couldnt help more!!! Belle

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

Is there anybody out there who can enlighten us as to just what exactly the dessert is ? I wasn't planning on a stop at V & A, but that just might make me change my mind !!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
rosebud's mom said:
Is there anybody out there who can enlighten us as to just what exactly the dessert is ? I wasn't planning on a stop at V & A, but that just might make me change my mind !!

FYI, V & A is a formal dining experience, coat and tie required. Its rather pricey and has a gormet menue (from where I am from gormet = small portions, high price, you know, pretty food....). My wife and I went and really did not enjoy it, but its not really our thing......

If that type of experience is your thing, go for it, you will enjoy it.

Upvote 0

KevinPage

The Cinderella Slipper dessert is something made by the Grand Floridian kitchen.

When we were married at The Grand (12/02/01) and celebrated our 1st anniversary at Citricos (12/02/02), we had the Cinderella slipper dessert both times.

We went to a wedding at the American Adventure in EPCOT (Dec '02)and they had the slipper dessert, but it wasn't the quality of the one served at The Grand.

I really don't know the "exact" policy on it, but it seems that you can only get this as a special request for a wedding or at the restuarants of The Grand Floridian.

I know certain chefs on property won't give out receipes to other hotels as they don't want to loose something "unique" to their location. I remember a story my wife told me about The California Grill chef made some special beef tenderloin and someone wanted it for their wedding meal, but their wedding was at the Grand Floridian. So the GF chef had to actually order the meal and figure out how they made it and do his own "version" of it.

If you want to order this dessert, I reccomend eating at Citricos one night but calling ahead to speak with the manager to that restuarant and requesting such, that's what I did/do. :D :D :D

Upvote 0

beattyfamily

I just ordered this dessert for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare on November 1.

They are $14 and can be ordered for any GF restaurant. I have a picture of it here.

You can order it directly through 1900 Park Fare or the restaurant you want to eat at or you can call the GF bakery as well.

They also offer mini wedding cakes as featured on the Food Network Disney Weddings show...those are $25. and are ordered through the GF bakery.

They also have a dessert you can order if you have boys. It's called "Dog Bones" I'll find a picture and post it.

You can also have your name put on the plate written in chocolate.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Upvote 0

beattyfamily

Here's the picture of the dog bones dessert.

Here's one version of the mini cakes

And here's version two of the mini cakes

Lastly, you can also get a white choc Mickey statue at many places including the Boardwalk villas, Beach Club and the monorail resorts. You just call In room dining of the resort. Here's a picture of the choc mickey. It's expensive though and the strawberries are extra.

Oh yeah, you can special request the Cinderella's slipper dessert at the Castle for dinner as well and you would call them directly.

Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom