Cinderella Castle projections

redddallas

I won't disagree with your logic, but to summarily dismiss this (as has already been done) as a glorified PowerPoint presentation of someone's vacation is a GROSS INJUSTICE.

The Urban Legend reference was simply that a lot of people are jumping on the hatred bandwagon when they have no idea what all is involved with this. This will be fascinating to watch...wait and see.

I think the word "hatred" is a little strong. All I can say is that if they can project a 3d image of someones photos straight into my head, I still am not interested. I don't care what kind of technology is used.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think the word "hatred" is a little strong. All I can say is that if they can project a 3d image of someones photos straight into my head, I still am not interested. I don't care what kind of technology is used.

So you admit that you would skip World of Color because you have seen a fountain before?

Main Street Projectors

Just from my view on the Main Street Projectors seen in RAIP's photos may indicate that they raise up from behind the parapet roof walls. One image even shows like a guard rail. I pulled up Google Earth and noticed the location on the roof and it sure looks like they can be hidden from view during the day. They do use these telescoping/raising fixtures on roof tops and under rocks in many occasions across the property. Since there is no parapet roof on Cosmic Ray's they would have to camouflage it with additional architecture.

We will have to wait and see...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
And it certainly isn't restricted to just those. It's about every little thing that happens. Remember the amount of cynicism before AI premeried and people thought it would be filled with crappy tourist karaoke singers (when in fact it is a well-liked show that has great singers every day)? .

The sad thing that you are serious.

PirateFrank

Oh give me a break... this is scheduled to run for a set amount of time right before the fireworks each night. That's it. Sorry to ruin your little rant, but this will have no more impact on wedding pictures than the castle changing into its deep colors at night (or completely turning off during the fireworks/parade). Not to mention most weddings take place at (or before) sunset which is long before these projections will ever take place.

The wedding example during the 'fruit cake era' was an example of an ill conceived idea by disney that had unintended consequences. I wasn't tying it into this issue or saying this will ruin weddings. I was, however, saying this will ruin family pictures of the castle. Twilight, the intended time for this stupid show, is one of the greatest times to film/photograph the castle. now people will have to contend with pictures of other people on that castle when trying to do so.

It's a crappy idea. forced, manufactured 'dreams'...at the expense of guests who would rather that castle stay a majestic backdrop instead of being turned into a cheap silver screen for someone elses kids.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The wedding example during the 'fruit cake era' was an example of an ill conceived idea by disney that had unintended consequences. I wasn't tying it into this issue or saying this will ruin weddings. I was, however, saying this will ruin family pictures of the castle. Twilight, the intended time for this stupid show, is one of the greatest times to film/photograph the castle. now people will have to contend with pictures of other people on that castle when trying to do so.

It's a crappy idea. forced, manufactured 'dreams'...at the expense of guests who would rather that castle stay a majestic backdrop instead of being turned into a cheap silver screen for someone elses kids.

:rolleyes:

Tigger1988

You don't even know how long it'll be running each night. Chill out.

ddbowdoin

OK, this may have been said already, but I don't have time to read 5 pages of stuff right now. Will this be in place by March 3rd, 2011?

goddamnit... simplicity is purity! As someone who enjoys photography this is just bad news for me. I guess it all depends how long they plan on using the projections.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Projection tech on the castle is a very awesome and promising thing. Plastering strangers pictures all over it is tacky and misguided. Hopefully with the tests they found this out.

cspencer96

Twilight, the intended time for this stupid show, is one of the greatest times to film/photograph the castle. now people will have to contend with pictures of other people on that castle when trying to do so.

From what I see (and this has been stated many times in this thread), this would be only during a set time. People have a choice for when they want to take their pictures. I think that most people don't like thousands of people waiting for Wishes, holding their kids on their shoulders and cramming down popcorn, to be the backdrop of their photos, either. So, they don't take pictures when people are in the way-about 20 minutes until Wishes, to the end of Wishes. This time period, as already stated, is when the show will run. Disney would never repeat the Fruit Cake Mistake, or anything nearly as bad. Don't condemn it when you haven't seen it in person, in it's final form. There is so much potential in this technology, and I can't wait to see how it gets incorporated into Wishes (just like the complex lighting system used on the castle).

And I'm willing to bet that the statement about the projectors being hidden in the daytime is true, considering I have searched everywhere for one, and can only see the one on Cosmic Ray's.

Dwarful

Well, we will be going in June and I don't look forward to this at all. Honestly, I have no desire to look at random images on the castle regardless of what those images are of. But I survived a trip during the Castle Cake (and have an unused tshirt to prove it...it was our daughter's first trip) and I am sure I'll survive this trip...just have to rethink some of our traditional MK family photo ops.

the-reason14

Oh Lord!!! This is the reaction to the thing before it even gets started!? Damn!! I'd hate to see how it's gonna be when it starts. Not a big fan of this either, I really could care less to see pics of strangers on the castle when I'm transitioning from land to land. But, it's not gonna ruin my trip and I won't cry or gripe loudly about it so much to where it'll bother me the entire time and I won't have any fun like it sounds for some of you.

WDWRLD

Well, we will be going in June and I don't look forward to this at all. Honestly, I have no desire to look at random images on the castle regardless of what those images are of. But I survived a trip during the Castle Cake (and have an unused tshirt to prove it...it was our daughter's first trip) and I am sure I'll survive this trip...just have to rethink some of our traditional MK family photo ops.

You mean "the Pepto Experiment".....agreed, nothing could be that bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom