Cinderella Castle projections

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Unkadug, where did you find this information? I would like to know more about this system.

It was posted in another thread about what projectors were being used.

I simply went to the manufacturers website to download some specs, then googled the replacement bulb.

It's all in the same line of work that I'm in. :wave:

Check out the Christie Roadster S+20K SXGA+ DLP® Projector
http://www.christiedigital.com/en-u...ages/roadster-s20k-dlp-digital-projector.aspx

Also:
http://www.green-hippo.com/
Along with:

http://vodpod.com/watch/1787150-uber-pan-multiresolution-green-hippo-hippotizer

Also:
http://www.malighting.com/control.html

kadesha

I am not looking forward to the guest pictures being projected. I'm not trying to be mean but I don't care to see tons of people I don't even know being projected on the castle.

kennygman

The tinkerbelle projection on the preview video a while back looked great, then it turned into your Dad's 1970's trip slideshow projected onto a castle.

fosse76

I've been hearing in a couple weeks its going to start.

I don't realize how people are knocking this idea, it hasn't even happened yet. I think its a great idea. For a little girl to see her picture on her visit to Disney on Cinderella's Castle. What a great memory to have as a child.

Because it's a lame idea. As someone else has said, it is essentially a slide show projected on the castle. I'm not interested in seeing other people's pictures on the castle...it's bad enough having to see some of these people during the day!

DocMcHulk

Projectors are in place. They probably are going to wait until the Castle Dream Lights are removed.

DSCN0251.JPG

DSCN0252.JPG

OMG! those are hideous!

boo52

Everyone should stop being so narrow sighted and think big picture (no pun intended). This is just the tip of the iceberg.

MarkTwain

Everyone should stop being so narrow sighted and think big picture (no pun intended). This is just the tip of the iceberg.

With all due respect, what big picture, though? There are big ugly projectors placed along Main Street rooftops, and they're part of the bigger picture that they'll be used to project big ugly images on the castle. Which to me is part of the biggest picture of all, that WDW has no respect for its park icons or any idea on how to properly celebrate an anniversary.

I think that projection mapping has huge potential, but this isn't how it ought to be used...

Bravo 229

At least they aren't going to project SIEMENS on the castle...:hurl:

Maybe we will get an updated Wishes or something similar from this new technology. I could see them projecting the Genie/Fairies/Tinkerbell on the castle during the show. Something like that would be a nice addition.

wickedfan07

With all due respect, what big picture, though? There are big ugly projectors placed along Main Street rooftops, and they're part of the bigger picture that they'll be used to project big ugly images on the castle. Which to me is part of the biggest picture of all, that WDW has no respect for its park icons or any idea on how to properly celebrate an anniversary.

I think that projection mapping has huge potential, but this isn't how it ought to be used...

Trust boo52. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about when it comes to MK shows.

Hopefully they'll hide those projectors. Maybe after they revome those new sidewalk extensions.

As far as an anniversary is concerned, WDW hasn't really celebrated it's big -5 and -0 anniversaries since the 25th anniversary. (The 30th was overshadowed by 100 Years of Magic, the 35th overshadowed by Year of a Million Dreams.) I don't see how 40 years is notable beyond it being an anniversary ending in a zero. Disney doesn't have to celebrate in a big way every five years if it doesn't want to.

And just for the record, I'm not really interested in seeing my picture or anyone else's picture up on the Castle.I'd rather have the normal ambience of Main Street. (I'm imagining that this sildeshow will be accompanied by the overdone pop song written for "Let the Memories Begin.") But we'll wait and see how it turns out. I'm not terribly concerned about it because theres zero chance I'll be in WDW this year, so I probably will never have to see it in person anyway.

askmike1

I think they're working on it. They've already hidden the one on the top of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe:
Whoa whoa whoa..... you are implying that people need to wait until something is completely finished before they start about it.... that isn't accepted on this forum. :rolleyes:

Oh this is such a bad idea. I am really dreading seeing this come March.

CHANGE BAD! NO CHANGE! GRUNT GRUNT
:brick:

mickey2008.1

while i agree the projectors look bad in there current configuration, i will wait and see how they are finished. As a father of four, and my youngest going for her first time, it will keep us in the park longer to see if our picture shows up. Especially a picture of my kids! It will add to their excitement. This is where I think it could really work for a year. I dont want to see a bunch of lame pics, but ones who are really enjoying themselves, young or old. And if this keeps people in the park longer, more revenue for MK, which i think is what WDW is looking for.:shrug:

MotherOfBirds

The sketch projection on the castle looks really nice, IMO, but I'm sorry, unless it's a picture of me and my family, I don't want to look at pictures of random people on the castle.

PirateFrank

Because it's a lame idea. As someone else has said, it is essentially a slide show projected on the castle. I'm not interested in seeing other people's pictures on the castle...it's bad enough having to see some of these people during the day!

Not only that, how many vacation pictures is this going to ruin?

Disney had to react to hordes of hysterical brides (who planned their weddings at the wedding pavilion @ the GF months/years in advance) who showed up in florida and saw that the castle which was to be the backdrop for their wedding and wedding pictures....turned into a big freaking pink cake. (Disney's pathetic answer to this was to put up a large banner of a castle picture to pose in front of for wedding pictures)

Sorry....when I get down there and take pictures of my family in front of the castle, I don't want someone elses face plastered on it. No way. Not cool.

Who was the idiot who came up with this mess? I sincerely hope this isn't an indication of what's to come....

askmike1

Not only that, how many vacation pictures is this going to ruin?

Disney had to react to hordes of hysterical brides (who planned their weddings at the wedding pavilion @ the GF months/years in advance) who showed up in florida and saw that the castle which was to be the backdrop for their wedding and wedding pictures....turned into a big freaking pink cake. (Disney's pathetic answer to this was to put up a large banner of a castle picture to pose in front of for wedding pictures)

Sorry....when I get down there and take pictures of my family in front of the castle, I don't want someone elses face plastered on it. No way. Not cool.

Who was the idiot who came up with this mess? I sincerely hope this isn't an indication of what's to come....

Oh give me a break... this is scheduled to run for a set amount of time right before the fireworks each night. That's it. Sorry to ruin your little rant, but this will have no more impact on wedding pictures than the castle changing into its deep colors at night (or completely turning off during the fireworks/parade). Not to mention most weddings take place at (or before) sunset which is long before these projections will ever take place.

You know, it's amazing how much better the world is when you don't jump on every little thing. Give things a chance, put things in perspective and enjoy... Hakuna Matata.

MotherOfBirds

This one is a it different than the other incessant b*tching about change because a lot of people have seen the videos on youtube of the projections. Obviously we're all rather divided on this, so agree to disagree and put down the pitchforks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom