Cinderella Castle projections

robw1997

Original Poster
Has the new castle/memories projections thing started yet? I haven't been able to find any pictures or videos. If it has not started yet, maybe Disney came to their senses and eighty-sixed the entire idea. We can only hope.

S

stphnbogert

I've been hearing in a couple weeks its going to start.

I don't realize how people are knocking this idea, it hasn't even happened yet. I think its a great idea. For a little girl to see her picture on her visit to Disney on Cinderella's Castle. What a great memory to have as a child.

RAXIP

Projectors are in place. They probably are going to wait until the Castle Dream Lights are removed.

DSCN0251.JPG

DSCN0252.JPG

S

stphnbogert

yeah are they going to at least try to hide them? not make them look like a big old machine on top of main street? lol.

toolsnspools

C'mon, nothing screams Main Street USA like a massive projection unit on top of a 18th century building. If only they painted them hot pink... :ROFLOL:

terp79

I agree with ChrisFL's comment. I mean how hard is it to build a simple wood housing unit and paint it to blend in the Main Street or a metal housing unit for tomorrowland. PLEASE fix that eye sore.

Rob562

Should be one more on the Christmas Shoppe. :wave:

Christmas Shop or Sleepy Hollow? I'd think Hollow would have the better angle to mirror the one from Cosmic Ray's (and have a clearer sightline).

As for the projections, as I said back when the testing videos started, I liked some of the artistic projections, but the screen-saver slideshow was horrible.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of effect like they used for the Walt Disney Pictures logo at the beginning of Tron Legacy...

-Rob

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Christmas Shop or Sleepy Hollow? I'd think Hollow would have the better angle to mirror the one from Cosmic Ray's (and have a clearer sightline).

As for the projections, as I said back when the testing videos started, I liked some of the artistic projections, but the screen-saver slideshow was horrible.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of effect like they used for the Walt Disney Pictures logo at the beginning of Tron Legacy...

-Rob

That was according to Martin. :wave:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4396243&postcount=16

DisneyDellsDude

Oh this is such a bad idea. I am really dreading seeing this come March.

In my opinion, the projector technology is going to be extremely useful for all night time shows and will really add that "wow" factor like the Dreamlights have - if they keep the projectors around after this celebration, which I'm not sure of.

If, however, you are talking about Disney specifically displaying guest photos, then I'd have to agree with you 100%.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A few specs I found from a little bit of research:

Each projector:
  • 20,000 lumens
  • Bulb lifespan = 750 hours
  • Replacement bulb = $4,500.00 each

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom