Cinderella Castle light show - photos and lots of details

ADevereaux

Jmho....

As someone whose first vacation destination is Paris and adores anything Parisian, I have to say that I do like our castle at WDW better.

Come on, you guys - how can you not think this is beautiful???? :shrug: I think it is breathtaking and I am THRILLED that I'll be at MVMCP on Dec. 9th.

Can't wait! :sohappy:

Shere_Khan

It's absolutely beautiful!!

Quick question. Do they turn these lights off after park closing? They would not leave them on all night would they?
I was asked this question and I knew someone here would know.

al5957

I think that it looks great, Christmas / winter is my favorite part of the year and this really put me "in the mood". :xmas::xmas::xmas:

CaptainMichael

Quick question. Do they turn these lights off after park closing? They would not leave them on all night would they?
I was asked this question and I knew someone here would know.

They were still on 2+hours after park close last night; however, they did turn off during Wishes.

Merf, Jose, and to all else this applies to, this overlay (just from initial guest reaction) is a HUGE success. If anyone can watch the lighting ceremony and not smile, grin, feel warm inside, tear up (I did all those things), something is wrong. When Fairy Godmother lit the first set of lights, everyone in attendance was in AWE, and they were talking about it all night.

It's very satisfying to be a CM and watch things like Wishes, the Castle lighting, Illuminations, etc because the guest reaction is a great reminder of why we do what we do. It's kind of hard to describe the feeling.

jiminy.cricket

*dies laughing*

Is someone in entertainment mocking Castle Cake and Wand?

:lol: How not to decorate a castle:

1. Cover in wrapping paper
2. Hang a ginormous wreath at the arch
3. Hang candy canes from the turrets
4. String popcorn around the building

"These are all very...LOVELY ideas..."
The look would be endearing and childlike, however!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
For anyone who wants to see show and the castle lit!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjIvYFF1fw0

It is sooo amazing!!!!!

Thanks

They were still on 2+hours after park close last night; however, they did turn off during Wishes.

Merf, Jose, and to all else this applies to, this overlay (just from initial guest reaction) is a HUGE success. If anyone can watch the lighting ceremony and not smile, grin, feel warm inside, tear up (I did all those things), something is wrong. When Fairy Godmother lit the first set of lights, everyone in attendance was in AWE, and they were talking about it all night.

It's very satisfying to be a CM and watch things like Wishes, the Castle lighting, Illuminations, etc because the guest reaction is a great reminder of why we do what we do. It's kind of hard to describe the feeling.

I just did all those too, just watching the youtube version. :eek:

No1DopeyFan

Everytime I see a picture of the castle witht he lights it just takes my breath away. I can't imagine what it would be like to see it in person.. just beautiful.. wtg Disney :xmas:

TheDisneyGirl02

Judging by the pictures on the thread, I prefer the WDW version to the Paris version. In some ways I think the Paris verison looks junky and cheap. I think the WDW looks elegant and it truly looks like the snow just feel on the Castle.

I'll see it in 22 days! I can't wait!!!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom