Christmas

Al

Original Poster
Hi Everyone! I am currently designing a christmas website, and was hoping to include a page on what christmas means to people. I thought, as these forums comprise of a mixture of people from around the world, it would be nice to get your views. If you would like to contribute then please post a reply, and could you possibly set it out like this (for ease of copy and pasting):

Name
Age (Optional)
What Christmas means to you:

It doesnt matter what you put, for example "Christmas for me means lots of gifts" or "I feel that christmas is un-neccassary because...."

I will post the sites address when it is working. Thanks again to everyone who contributes! :animwink: :sohappy:

ps. I thought it would be interesting to get views from the American people because they celebrate Thanksgiving more than Christmas (or so I believe).

DisJosh

Originally posted by Alberrisford
Hi Everyone! I am currently designing a christmas website, and was hoping to include a page on what christmas means to people. I thought, as these forums comprise of a mixture of people from around the world, it would be nice to get your views. If you would like to contribute then please post a reply, and could you possibly set it out like this (for ease of copy and pasting):

Name
Age (Optional)
What Christmas means to you:

It doesnt matter what you put, for example "Christmas for me means lots of gifts" or "I feel that christmas is un-neccassary because...."

I will post the sites address when it is working. Thanks again to everyone who contributes! :animwink: :sohappy:

ps. I thought it would be interesting to get views from the American people because they celebrate Thanksgiving more than Christmas (or so I believe).

Al ya got that last part wrong!! Christmas is a bigger holiday than Thanksgiving here...

As for what christmas means to me..........well I'm affraid to post b/c i know everyone else will come up with something meaningful and sentimental and I'll just sound greedy and spoiled :D

Ariel

Okay, Al! I hope this helps!

Nikki
Worcester, MA, USA
Christmas to me means family, friends and loved one. It means warmth, festivity and kindness. It means putting others before yourself and sharing and giving as much of yourself as you can. Most of all, to me, it is a very happy time.

Maybe corny, but true :)

Al

Original Poster
Re: Re: Christmas

Originally posted by DisJosh

Al ya got that last part wrong!! Christmas is a bigger holiday than Thanksgiving here...

As for what christmas means to me..........well I'm affraid to post b/c i know everyone else will come up with something meaningful and sentimental and I'll just sound greedy and spoiled :D

Dont be!!!!! Just post what you feel!

Al

Original Poster
thanks to everyone who has posted so far! would it be possible for you all to include first and second names?

Thanks for this! I really appreciate it! :animwink: :sohappy:

CrisKennedy

Crystal Kennedy
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
To me, Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ. It's time for family and sharing. I don't like the whole commercialization of Christmas. It drives me nuts to see stores parting out Christmas decoration before Halloween and even before Thanksgiving.

Al

Original Poster
this is great! thanks everyone! one more thing though, could you please put the full word, instead of : SC and MA. Being from the USA i dont know what these mean! thanks again! and please keep posting! (ps, last names as well please), and could somebody please tell me what SC and MA are please? thanks so much (again!!!!) :sohappy:

:sohappy:

Maria

Maria
Yucatán, México.
Christmas is the birth of Jesus and we should not forget about that over all the marketing surrounding the date. It is a time to gather with the loved ones and thank God for what HE has given us, and help others remember what Christmas is all about.

The Mom

Premium Member
Al,here goes!

marciahahn
age..I certainly have it
Florida

Christmas is walking outside on Christmas Eve in the quiet just before midnight and believing in your heart that Peace on Earth is a possbility.

Tramp

Christmas to me is:

The smell of Christmas dinner, a burning fireplace, and new fallen snow....
It’s Christmas music, Christmas lights, Christmas cards and Christmas trees. It’s a peaceful lightness in my heart on Christmas Eve.

It’s an image of the baby Jesus in a cold stable and midnight mass in His honor.
It’s a time of reflection of Christmases past and those who have gone before us leaving behind a treasure of love and tradition. It’s being home for Christmas.

Christmas is the priceless look of surprise and awe on my little girls face on Christmas morning and the satisfaction that one day she’ll say that “Dad always made Christmas special for me!”
My life feels complete on Christmas Day,

Maria

Originally posted by Tramp

Christmas is the priceless look of surprise and awe on my little girls face on Christmas morning and the satisfaction that one day she’ll say that “Dad always made Christmas special for me!”

That was so sweet! You brought tears to my eyes! aaawww....:)

The Mom

Premium Member
Christmas to me is:

It’s Christmas music, Christmas lights, Christmas cards and Christmas trees. It’s a peaceful lightness in my heart on Christmas Eve.

It’s an image of the baby Jesus in a cold stable and midnight mass in His honor.
It’s a time of reflection of Christmases past and those who have gone before us leaving behind a treasure of love and tradition. It’s being home for Christmas.

Beneath that tough-guy exterior dwells an old softie! No wonder I like him ...a lot! ;)

mickeyfan

Christmas to me is:

Tramp,

You can really tug at the heartstrings. I knew you were sweet and lovable. You said it perfectly, and I don't think I could ever top that!! What a lucky little girl to have a Daddy like you. (Want to adopt me?:animwink: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom