Christmas Time at the Resorts

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All,

We are almost to the one month countdown for our trip over Thanksgiving! Woo Hoo So we will be able to enjoy all the Christmas decor that Disney does up so well. My DH and I were there two Christmases ago and we did the resort hopping to see the different resorts. I am currently watching the Disney Holiday special that aired on the Travel Channel and the Food Network from a few years ago, hosted by Raven Samone. When we were there two yeas ago, we tried to see all of the resorts featured in the show and look for the decor. But some we could not find. For example, we went to AK and never saw the village made of candy. We went to the Yacht Club and never saw the carasoul. But they did have a chocolate Mickey Santa and house sceen set up. The gingerbread house was at GF, as I would assume it would be every year. My question is...each year do they do the same resorts get the same featured decor? We are planning on doing the resort hopping again this year. But we want to make sure to see the big features - like the carasoul or village sceen. We just don't know if we should go back to the resorts that are shown in this special or if they change each year.

Thanks!!! :xmas:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thanks! We did go there and according to the Holidays at Disney special, there was supposed to be a village made of choclate and candy outside Boma - but we never found it!?!? It is a big place so maybe we missed it??? I'm sure we'll head there again this year. Do we know if the Poly does a big display set up each year? That was in the show too but we forgot to check it out last time.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Hi All,

We are almost to the one month countdown for our trip over Thanksgiving! Woo Hoo So we will be able to enjoy all the Christmas decor that Disney does up so well. My DH and I were there two Christmases ago and we did the resort hopping to see the different resorts. I am currently watching the Disney Holiday special that aired on the Travel Channel and the Food Network from a few years ago, hosted by Raven Samone. When we were there two yeas ago, we tried to see all of the resorts featured in the show and look for the decor. But some we could not find. For example, we went to AK and never saw the village made of candy. We went to the Yacht Club and never saw the carasoul. But they did have a chocolate Mickey Santa and house sceen set up. The gingerbread house was at GF, as I would assume it would be every year. My question is...each year do they do the same resorts get the same featured decor? We are planning on doing the resort hopping again this year. But we want to make sure to see the big features - like the carasoul or village sceen. We just don't know if we should go back to the resorts that are shown in this special or if they change each year.

Thanks!!! :xmas:

Carousel is at Beach Club in the middle of the lobby...you wouldn't have found it looking at Yacht! :eek:

picture.php

While you are over there, don't forget Boardwalk. they have a nice display as well.

Displays are usually similar year to year.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Carousel is at Beach Club in the middle of the lobby...you wouldn't have found it looking at Yacht! :eek:

Ha ha - yeah, we were in the wrong spot then! I am assuming that on the program, they said yacht and didn't specify yacht/beach. Since we are staying at the yacht this year - we'll for sure see it this time!! :lol:

Upvote 0
Thanks! We did go there and according to the Holidays at Disney special, there was supposed to be a village made of choclate and candy outside Boma - but we never found it!?!? It is a big place so maybe we missed it??? I'm sure we'll head there again this year. Do we know if the Poly does a big display set up each year? That was in the show too but we forgot to check it out last time.

The Carousel is in the Beach Club lobby--we stayed there last Christmas and it was beautiful. The Boardwalk Resort also had a candy roller coaster display; you can just walk around the lake from the Beach Club to see it. The Polynesian's display is a model of the hotel, and can be found on the second floor of the lobby, near the monorail exit. I've never seen the AKL display, but I think it was inside the restaurant, not outside. Also, don't miss the Wilderness Lodge at the holidays--the tree is just beautiful!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom