Christmas disappointment ....

Ricky Spanish

we all know that Disney can " do anything." and so three years ago when I was there for Christmas, I was shocked and disappointed not to find and " LIVE or REAL Christmas trees.. ' it was all fake and plastic and not very Disney.. if they can have a real tree in Rockerfeller square in New York, they can have live trees in Disney world. for one ..because they can KEEP THEM IN DIRT and keep them alive the whole time in the park.. Yes.. Disney is capable of doing this.. it was too fake and Christmas was more of a theory and snowflakes and hot chocolate and winter thyme as opposed to the true meaning of Christmas.. Yes the Candlelight processional was on point.. but that was it for all the parks.. and if you didn't see that .. it was plastic and fluff.. JOMHO.. I assume that the ripping will start within seconds.. Merry Christmas..
Can't wait til somebody tells you about Santa Claus.......

phillip9698

Hmm, as someone who grew up cutting down real trees with my dad every year I always had real trees engrained in me as a must have for Christmas. It wasn't until I met my wife, who is allergic to those trees, that I even thought having a fake one would suffice. I will say I always thought the Christmas trees in Disney World were real as I've never been while the Christmas decorations were up. I would have been disappointed to see they were fake but I guess it would be too expensive to ship fully grown trees in every year for Christmas and then to decorate them in a way to reliably stand up to that weather would be another pain. So I see why they are fake now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
we all know that Disney can " do anything." and so three years ago when I was there for Christmas, I was shocked and disappointed not to find and " LIVE or REAL Christmas trees.. ' it was all fake and plastic and not very Disney.. if they can have a real tree in Rockerfeller square in New York, they can have live trees in Disney world. for one ..because they can KEEP THEM IN DIRT and keep them alive the whole time in the park.. Yes.. Disney is capable of doing this.. it was too fake and Christmas was more of a theory and snowflakes and hot chocolate and winter thyme as opposed to the true meaning of Christmas.. Yes the Candlelight processional was on point.. but that was it for all the parks.. and if you didn't see that .. it was plastic and fluff.. JOMHO.. I assume that the ripping will start within seconds.. Merry Christmas..

...yeah...Disney kind has these “things” that require them to cut every corner possible to save money while still generating it...

And it’s working because even though you’re making an unreasonable request...you’ll be back next week/month/year...

So that’s kinda it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because the OP is complaining about a minute detail simply to stir the pot.

Foul...two shots.

Asking questions about things or stating desires is not trolling. It may be silly at times...but not the same things.

Attacking everyone who questions anything about Iger fun factory is trolling...its “posi-trolling” and it leads to financial ruin.
Just a PSA 🤥

DisneyGigi

Can't wait til somebody tells you about Santa Claus.......
Wait, what are you saying??? Next thing you are gonna tell me is Mickey isn’t real. 😑

Seriously speaking, we always used to get trees dug up, in a dirt clump, we live where it gets cold, NC- they still died. :( We use fake trees now. Christmas is not about real trees, or fake trees- it is about what is in your heart. It is about giving, and family and for me Jesus.

It definitely doesn’t have to do with trees though. Just saying. The reason you put up trees yes, not what they are made of. :)

Smiley/OCD

As others have said, real trees won't grow in that part of Florida and secondly (and probably most importantly), people on here are complaining about straws on these boards and what a waste it is and you want to cut down hundreds of live trees every year just so you can see live trees at the MK? Quick, someone over at Epcot, grab the machine at the old Soarin' that used to pump the Pine scent into the ride and hook it up in the MK for this guy...we can put it to good use...

Goofyernmost

Wait, what are you saying??? Next thing you are gonna tell me is Mickey isn’t real. 😑

Seriously speaking, we always used to get trees dug up, in a dirt clump, we love where it gets cold, NC- they still died. :( We use fake tress now. Christmas is not about real trees, or fake trees- it is about what is in your heart. It is about giving, and family and for me Jesus.

It definitely doesn’t have to do with trees though. Just saying. The reason you put up trees yes, not what they are made of. :)
Not to be critical, but, there was a time when you had no choice but to use a real tree. No one made fake ones. Or at least no one made fake, affordable ones. They were messy, and dangerous. Many a fire started when you combined a dead tree with (early on candles, before my time) or hot light bulbs. Admittedly, that hot bulbs brought out the sap from the trees and gave the tree that smell all of us oldies remember. There are other things we remember to like pine needles everywhere. It took until April to clean them up. You had to basically kill a healthy tree in order to decorate it for two weeks and then throw it out. They had huge spaces between branches that you tried to fill in with tinsel. That never worked. Fake trees tell the same story and are cleaner and no dead trees laying on the street waiting to be picked up.

The very first fake tree we had was a shiny aluminum one with a color wheel spot light shining on it.. I have never seen anything uglier then that tree. That was in 1963 right after the Kennedy assassination. Not many fond memories of that Christmas, but, the silver tree only made that one entrance and was no where to be found the following year.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The snow is also fake. So is the ice on the castle. The grass in the hub isn't real either. Those also aren't real animals on the Jungle Cruise.

FairShyGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

2TGzRjW.jpg

peter11435

Disney actually does plant some real Christmas trees as part of the Epcot main entrance display, outside the Magic Kingdom, and a few other locations.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Disney used to utilize real trees. Unfortunately one year a guest was attacked by a family of rabid fox squirrels that had made a home in said tree.

Club Cooloholic

Ah yes the real meaning of Christmas is a dead pine? Lots of those around in the desert in biblical times? Reminds me of a song...

bjlc57

Original Poster
sorry. I am a disney addict.. I go .. I cry.. I cry when I don't go.. but I don't always drink the kool-aide.. and yes.. they grow Christmas trees in the carolina's .. and the last time I checked the map.. that was fairly close to Florida..

Tick Tock

sorry. I am a disney addict.. I go .. I cry.. I cry when I don't go.. but I don't always drink the kool-aide.. and yes.. they grow Christmas trees in the carolina's .. and the last time I checked the map.. that was fairly close to Florida..
You don't owe anyone an apology for sharing an unpopular opinion or question.

Apologies to you on behalf of some of the childish name-calling you've received in this thread. The mob mentality runs strong in these parts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom