Christmas Decorations Watch

WDWFigment

Original Poster
As figment82 said, don't expect Epcot to start the celebration until November 23. The Candlelight, Illumination W/ Holiday tag, Christmas around the world and tree lighting ceremony are all scheduled to start together the Friday after Thanksgiving. I do believe that the Osborne Lights start next week along with the Jingle Jungle Parade. I would expect MK will be gearing up for next week also, but the tree will probably be located in the grass area by the old Swan Boat load zone and not in Town Square. The tree doesn't move till after the Christmas Parade taping. the resorts should be looking good, so go check them out.

Yeah, the dates I read were the 12th/13th for AK, MK, and MGM's decorations, but 23rd for Epcot's. I was just kind of hoping Epcot would have some of them out prior to that point. Guess the Santas won't be included in that 'some decorations'.

PhilharMagician

Yeah, the dates I read were the 12th/13th for AK, MK, and MGM's decorations, but 23rd for Epcot's. I was just kind of hoping Epcot would have some of them out prior to that point. Guess the Santas won't be included in that 'some decorations'.

The decorations in Epcot should be 100% up by the time you leave, but the Christmas story telling in WS probably won't start till the 23rd. If they have 2 sections of the arches up I would say they should be done in the next day or 2 at the most. Then the tree should go up.

I will also be getting there on the 17th, but I am lucky enough to be there for 2 weeks. Maybe we'll see you around the world. :wave:

WDWFigment

Original Poster
The decorations in Epcot should be 100% up by the time you leave, but the Christmas story telling in WS probably won't start till the 23rd. If they have 2 sections of the arches up I would say they should be done in the next day or 2 at the most. Then the tree should go up.

I will also be getting there on the 17th, but I am lucky enough to be there for 2 weeks. Maybe we'll see you around the world. :wave:

We planned the trip to only be in EPCOT for a five hours since it wouldn't be "Christmas" there (and we only have 3 days in the parks).

While you're there, if you see someone wearing a North Face backpack with a WDWMagic button on it, say hello! :wave:

disney1983

I thought it was strange to be celebrating Halloween on Friday morning at the Magic Kingdom and Christmas at Epcot on Friday evening while drinking from a Halloween cup.

goodolgm

For your information, Magic Kingdom looks to be complete, if not close to complete. The Christmas Tree is up in the Rose Garden, and overnight last night the wreaths/garland were hung on Main Street, and Christmas music has taken over Main Street.

RNRguy

osborne lights where up when i was there last week . but they wernt on , i wish we could be there for that week!.. lol

I will be going for Christmas for the first time and i heard its great and the decorations are awesome. Im very excited to see Disney during the Christmas season!

Hobbes130

If you've seen any pictures of Paris' castle at Christmas, I think you'll know what a treat we're in for.

We were at DLP 2 years ago - here is a picture of how the castle looked when lit. We are off to WDW on the 21st December and can't wait to see the lights over there :sohappy:

DLPNight.jpg

coasterphil

Went to MGM to see the SODL tonight and they were wonderful. No one here seems to care this year though, too busy getting caught up in the excitement of the Castle Lights. MK always has to steal the spotlight. :cry::lol:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Went to MGM to see the SODL tonight and they were wonderful. No one here seems to care this year though, too busy getting caught up in the excitement of the Castle Lights. MK always has to steal the spotlight. :cry::lol:

MK also has to get ready earlier to be finished for the first VMCP.

Did I understand correctly in that the MK Tree is near the castle? I guess the figured they'd put it there temporarily instead of putting it up on Main street only to have to move it for the parade taping. This way, they'll only move it once.

Cookie4800

If I went tonight to the GF to see the Gingerbread house would it be a good time or should I wait a few days and will see more?

I typically like to wait until after Thangsgiving to celebrate the holidays but an getting anxious!!!

Figment82

If I went tonight to the GF to see the Gingerbread house would it be a good time or should I wait a few days and will see more?

I typically like to wait until after Thangsgiving to celebrate the holidays but an getting anxious!!!

The Gingerbread house at the GF is up and complete, and already selling its wares. The rest of the decorations weren't up yet when I was there earlier this week, but they might be by now.

Figment82

Is the Lights of Winter premiere still scheduled for next Friday, the first CP, or could the lights be turned on earlier in the week?

It could be turned on earlier in the week, but it most likely won't start dancing until the 23rd. There's always a chance it might come on a few days early, especially with the holiday crowds. It definitely wasn't on last night, but the tree and those "stick balls" (for lack of a better word) were both on.

The flower logo topiary has been surrounded by poinsettias, which is a really nice touch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom