Christmas at the World

H20Babie

I have never been to WDW during the Christmas season and have been pricing out both room-only and packages for December 28, 2008 through January 3, 2009. Are the decorations still up after Christmas?

What's the scoop? Are the crowds tolerable? We usually go Spring Break and have never had a problem, but understandably, Christmas is a different deal all together, right?

Which value/moderate would you stay at for the seasonal decorations?

Or do I just stick to spring break in '09?

Thanks!

EMThompsen

Everyone should go to WDW for Christmas at least once if not more

Attachments

• image_368.jpg
    image_368.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Are the crowds tolerable?
Crowds start building up around 12/23 or 12/24 and max out during the week between 12/25 and 12/31. In 2006, there was one day when 3 of the 4 parks were at capacity, at least for a few hours (not necessarily at the same time).

That week is the most crowded week of the entire year, and also the most expensive week for Disney resorts - it even gets its own pricing season.

Crowds will start to dissipate on 1/2. Decorations should be up until 1/6 or so.

Upvote 0

NoVa Mom

Historically the decorations are left up til at least the 6th or 7th(last year)! We leave tomorrow! :wave: I agree w/ the others, You gotta see Disney at Christmas at least once!! My once starts tomorrow! :xmas:

Upvote 0

fizzle75

I will put this bluntly...CHRISTMAS IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT WALT DISNEY WORLD...PERIOD!!!

Once you have been during the holidays, you will never want to go any other time of year. I strongly recommend that you scrap the Spring Break trip and book an early December trip instead.:wave:

...unless The Grinch is your hero, in which case I would advise you to stick with your Spring trip.

Upvote 0

doop

I had the privelege of visiting during the holiday season of 2001, and I can tell you that christmas at WDW is definitely a sight to see. We went during the last week of Nov. into the first week of Dec. so the crowds were very light, so I can't help you with that. But we also usually go during spring break as well, and I think if you can handle the crowds during that time, then you probably won't have any difficulty with the crowds at Christmas.

Upvote 0

bigtotoro

I have never been to WDW during the Christmas season and have been pricing out both room-only and packages for December 28, 2008 through January 3, 2009. Are the decorations still up after Christmas?

What's the scoop? Are the crowds tolerable? We usually go Spring Break and have never had a problem, but understandably, Christmas is a different deal all together, right?

Which value/moderate would you stay at for the seasonal decorations?

Or do I just stick to spring break in '09?

Thanks!
No, the crowds are not tolerable if you really want to do anything. This is pretty much the busiest time of the year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom