Trip Report Choosing Disney Over Iceland... Duh.

Hi all!

Time for another trip report from yours truly. I was dreading starting this because that means it is OVER.. but we are officially 262 days until our December trip so it stings a bit less.

This trip was planned very last minute for us, only about a month out. Our plan for our tax return was to visit Iceland to see the Northern Lights (a bucket list item for my husband Ian). The volcano situation got a bit wild over there over the past few months so we had to put that on the back burner for now.

The question arose - what to do now?! Obvious answer - Disney World!

When: March 1-6
Where: originally AS Sports, upgraded for a small amount more to Pop for skyliner access two days before our trip began!
Who: me (Annie), Ian (my husband), and Nora (our newly 2-year-old)

cover photo.jpg

Here we go!

annienevells

Original Poster
A few things:
First: All the heart eyes to Nora and all these sweet family moments!
Second: is that a TINY BABY ANIMAL in your photopass picture outside Muppets? I die.
Third: I know no one is perfect, but so many sweet couple moments - like Ian encouraging you to do the solo things that make your heart happy.
Really enjoying this trip report!
Yes tiny baby animal!! I had a good laugh when I saw the photo later!

Ian really is the best. He said to me "you make these trips happen for our family, I want you to get every bit of magic out of them" 😍
You certainly had a chock-full day! It's too bad that it rained during your alone pool time but at least the rain stopped once you arrived at DHS! Nora chatting to herself about what a fun day she had is just so cute!!!
the cutest! I can't wait until she is older and we can sit together before bed and recap all the fun together!

annienevells

Original Poster
Up next? We were headed to Epcot!

It was so hard to save MK for last, but it was worth it.

We went through our morning routine of sneaking out to the bathrooms to shower while Nora was still sleeping. We both tried for GOTG but failed 😭

I grabbed us a LL for Frozen though and I knew Nora would be excited for that!

We headed out to grab some breakfast around 730.

First - we had to document our matching outfits 😍

130.jpg

131.jpg

Ian went to wait for our mobile order while I let Nora run around for a bit.

132.jpg

Ian had the bounty platter again this morning but I went for a breakfast sandwich. It really hit the spot!

133.jpg

We ate breakfast pretty quickly and made our way over to the Skyliner. and... WHOA. We were deceived the day before because of the rain clearly. This line was unreal. I'm sure those of you who have experienced it would call it normal but we were taken aback lol

134.jpg

It was a little funny to watch people take in the line for the first time as they approached though 😅

We eventually made it on after accepting that we would NOT be making it in time for Early Entry. I had really hoped that we would finally get to ride Remy, but it was not meant to be. Oh well, something to look forward to for our next trip!

135.jpg

We made it in and needed to decided what to do and where to go as our LL for Frozen was not until 10. We decided to head to Nemo as we knew Nora would love it and that part of the park was looking quiet.

Nora was blown away by the topiaries. She just kept going "ohhhhhh mama soooooo pretty"

So, we took lots of pictures!

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

lindawdw

Your matching outfits are so cute! Yes, I have experienced that long line for the Skyliner at Pop but it does move rather quickly. Sorry you never made it on Remy. The topiaries are my favorite thing to enjoy at Epcot!!!

annienevells

Original Poster
Enjoying your report!

This showed up on my Facebook feed earlier today. Didn't know if you were aware your photo is being used.

i-VQw2bht-X2.png
Thanks @fractal - a few others around here have alerted me to it as well. Very frustrating! Mostly because it's a photo of Nora (I think I would care less if it was just me or Ian!)

If anyone else gets served this ad, feel free to report it on my behalf!!!

Last edited:

Minnie1986

Thanks @fractal - a few others around here have alerted me to it as well. Very frustrating! Most because it's a photo of Nora (I think I would care less if it was just me or Ian!)

It's really uncool for them to use a photo, especially of someone's child, without their expressed permission.

annienevells

Original Poster
We finally made it past our tour of the topiaries to our first stop, Nemo!

147.jpg

We walked right on (after the long maze to get there) and Nora was just silently in awe the entire time.

Even more so checking out the real fishies!

148.jpg

She told EVERYONE when we got home that she met a real dolphin. And she did!

149.jpg

I wanted to recreate a photo of me when I was little here but Nora was too scared LOL

150.jpg

We eventually dragged her away to check out Journey of Water. I was excited because it was already super humid and hot out.

Nora went right for it and loved this portion.

151.jpg

I thought the area was well done.

152.jpg

So many overexposed photos taken this trip :rolleyes:
154.jpg

We were approaching our LL time for Frozen but I wanted to make the best use of our time in this part of the park. I knew Nora would get a kick out of Figment, so we decided to cross that off the list next.

She was a big fan and was clapping at the end of it.

We also caught a glimpse of Figment himself on our way out!

153.jpg

Alright. Time to make the hot and sticky trek to World Showcase.

155.jpg

We made it just in time for our LL and boarded pretty quickly.

How did Nora like it? Idk, you tell me.

157.jpg

Wait nevermind. It looks like we are staring into blank space. She loved it though!!

annienevells

Original Poster
We headed next to what was probably Nora's favorite ride of the day - Gran Fiesta Tour!

She waved to Donald constantly 😍

158.jpg

While waiting in line I had grabbed us one more LL for the first half of our day for Spaceship Earth. We headed that way but we were getting so tired and hot. I knew the solution.. ICE CREAM.

I get Nora the Mickey bars from the grocery store at home, so I was excited to surprise her with the real thing.

159.jpg

161.jpg

160.jpg

A little sugar and a break pepped us all back up. Though.. even with the bib Nora made a huge mess of herself and we needed to do a quick outfit change 😅

162.jpg

We enjoyed our journey on Spaceship Earth... except for Nora selecting Spanish for our narration :rolleyes:

After we exited Ian decided to ride Test Track single rider while Nora and I headed back to the Skyliner. He would meet us at the pool once he got back.

163.jpg

172.jpg

Nora spotted a lizard friend on our walk back to our room 🦎

164.jpg

We were excited for a bit of pool time today because we NEEDED to cool down. Lots of swimming and then splashing around made for a happy mama and Nora.

170.jpg

Ian arrived to grab Nora and bring her for a nap with a big smile on his face. Why? He had been able to secure BGs for GoTG during the 1pm drop!!!

I was pumped and we were hopeful that times would line up for us to ride!

Once Ian left I grabbed myself a classic, chicken fingers and fries, to enjoy with my book poolside.

171.jpg

fractal

Thanks @fractal - a few others around here have alerted me to it as well. Very frustrating! Mostly because it's a photo of Nora (I think I would care less if it was just me or Ian!)

I will report it. I've had several of my photos "stolen" over the years so I'm sensitive to this but as you said, this has your daughter in it which isn't cool at all. It is a great photo though!

Minnie1986

We headed next to what was probably Nora's favorite ride of the day - Gran Fiesta Tour!

View attachment 777824

While waiting in line I had grabbed us one more LL for the first half of our day for Spaceship Earth. We headed that way but we were getting so tired and hot. I knew the solution.. ICE CREAM.

I get Nora the Mickey bars from the grocery store at home, so I was excited to surprise her with the real thing.

View attachment 777825
View attachment 777826
View attachment 777827

A little sugar and a break pepped us all back up. Though.. even with the bib Nora made a huge mess of herself and we needed to do a quick outfit change 😅

View attachment 777828

We enjoyed our journey on Spaceship Earth... except for Nora selecting Spanish for our narration :rolleyes:

After we exited Ian decided to ride Test Track single rider while Nora and I headed back to the Skyliner. He would meet us at the pool once he got back.

View attachment 777829
View attachment 777830

View attachment 777831

We were excited for a bit of pool time today because we NEEDED to cool down. Lots of swimming and then splashing around made for a happy mama and Nora.

View attachment 777832

Ian arrived to grab Nora and bring her for a nap with a big smile on his face. Why? He had been able to secure BGs for GoTG during the 1pm drop!!!

Once Ian left I grabbed myself a classic, chicken fingers and fries, to enjoy with my book poolside.

View attachment 777833
Why is it that those chicken tenders and fries taste so good when you need a break? Seems to do the trick for me every single time.

fractal

View attachment 777824

View attachment 777825
View attachment 777826
View attachment 777827

View attachment 777828

View attachment 777829
View attachment 777830

View attachment 777831

View attachment 777832

View attachment 777833

One day when she's older and wants to ride Guardians for the 8th time instead of Gran Fiesta Tour you'll be able to say "you know, this used to be your favorite ride!"

Mrs.JJP

Just catching up and loving your report! All the sweet Nora moments make me SO excited to take my kids for the first time! I’m so glad Ian was able to get a GotG boarding group, can’t wait to hear what you think!

annienevells

Original Poster
By the time Nora was up and ready for the evening portion of our day, our BG had been called for GoTG. This would be only our second time experiencing it, so we were excited!

173.jpg

We made it on the Skyliner with no line or issues.

174.jpg

Once we made it to Epcot, we headed straight to GoTG all together to set up rider switch. Ian was up first!

175.jpg

Once he entered the line, Nora and I headed to her favorite spot in Epcot.

Said hi to Buzz on our way by.

176.jpg

Where is her favorite? The playground. Duh.

177.jpg

"Arms up!!"

178.jpg

She had so much fun in here. Just running around and playing. Less relaxing for me because she's only 2 so I just followed her closely around for 40 minutes lol

She took some time to stop and smell the flowers.

179.jpg

Once Ian was done he came to find us at the playground. He had a great time on Guardians! Unfortunately, we were now up against our dining reservation for Garden Grill so I'd have to see if they'd let me ride after dinner. Stay tuned.

And I know. Garden Grill... more characters. I was SO ambitious this trip y'all lol

We made our way to supper as the sun was setting.

Nora took a quick break to wave hello to some ducks.

180.jpg

Ian's ride photo came through as we ventured. He looks so happy!

181.jpg

We got all checked in to Garden Grill and they told us it was going to be a bit of a wait. Fantastic because Nora was ALREADY cranky.

We decided to head downstairs to do Living with the Land. We get in line... and immediately receive a message that our table is ready.

UGH. Okay then. Back upstairs.

Nora needed plenty of hugs during this ordeal. Dad was happy to oblige.

183.jpg

annienevells

Original Poster
This was our very first time at Garden Grill.

Our food came out pretty quickly. The cornbread was good, the salad... meh.

184.jpg

Micky arrived first and Nora outright refused his presence. So, selfie time!

185.jpg

Up next was Dale... no dice.

186.jpg

I decided to get Nora out of her seat for Chip and she enjoyed blowing him kisses from a safe distance.

187.jpg

The meal was okay, we mostly enjoyed the steak.

The dessert was definitely the best part.

188.jpg

Nora's proof of dessert enjoyment!

189.jpg

Mickey came by again during dessert and Nora allowed some goodbye kisses from afar (I think Mickey appreciated the distance with her messy chocolate face as well LOL)

190.jpg

We are one and done for Garden Grill. It was fine but there are so many other character meals we enjoy so much more!

During dinner I had snagged the last LL of the day for Soarin'

Ian headed out of the park with Nora while I got in line.

191.jpg

I ended up in the first row and enjoyed my flight!

Now to see if I can scan in for GoTG...

SUCCESS!

193.jpg

We got September and my ride partners were very fun to enjoy it with!

After exiting I made my way back through World Showcase to get to the Skyliner.

I caught a beautiful view of Spaceship Earth on my way back to Pop.

195.jpg

Another great day, but I was already feeling sad that the next day was our last full day!!

k8einwdw

We are one and done for Garden Grill. It was fine but there are so many other character meals we enjoy so much more!
We used to LOVE breakfast at Garden Grill - we haven't been back since it re-opened, so not sure if it's still any good. I hate that the character meals were a bust for Nora this trip - you just never know at this age how they're going to react to characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom