Trip Report Choosing Disney Over Iceland... Duh.

Hi all!

Time for another trip report from yours truly. I was dreading starting this because that means it is OVER.. but we are officially 262 days until our December trip so it stings a bit less.

This trip was planned very last minute for us, only about a month out. Our plan for our tax return was to visit Iceland to see the Northern Lights (a bucket list item for my husband Ian). The volcano situation got a bit wild over there over the past few months so we had to put that on the back burner for now.

The question arose - what to do now?! Obvious answer - Disney World!

When: March 1-6
Where: originally AS Sports, upgraded for a small amount more to Pop for skyliner access two days before our trip began!
Who: me (Annie), Ian (my husband), and Nora (our newly 2-year-old)

cover photo.jpg

Here we go!

Minnie1986

I couldn't fit these two pictures in my post to end our MK day -

Sunglasses are necessary at 9 PM apparently.

View attachment 780937

Ian and I kept saying how NUTS it was that we only explored about half the park on this day. We usually do longer trips for this reason!

Our journey back to Pop was actually pretty quick. Nora wanted a treat before bed and who am I to say no on vacation?!

Look at her delirious happy smile 😆 😍

View attachment 780938

She went to sleep QUICKLY. I packed up most of our stuff before heading to bed myself 😭
1713815341079.png

Minnie1986

After our amazing brunch it was time to head back to Pop and go to the airport :(

Quick monorail spotting first!

View attachment 780975

And we used up the last of our snack credits - a soft serve ice cream. Hit the spot! The dining plan was well worth it for us on this trip with all of the character meals for sure.

View attachment 780976

Okay another confession time. We booked a Spirit flight for our return trip because it was the cheapest option (and this trip wasn't even planned, as you know). We flew Delta on the way down and checked two suitcases. On Delta, your bags must not exceed 50 pounds. Nailed it at around 45 pounds each. We knew the checked bags would be more expensive on Spirit but we have a toddler, gotta do what you gotta do.

Until you realize that the weight max on Spirit is 40 pounds. So both bags are overweight and nowhere to redistribute. So.. for a one way flight our two bags cost us over $250 😭😭😭😭😭😭 so painful and shameful and truly NOTHING we could do. We were already running late and just had to hand over our credit card and vow to never fly Spirit EVER AGAIN.

Security took FOREVERRRRR so we basically boarded as soon as we got to our gate.

Nora's flight experience was about the same as the way down - 30ish minutes playing and snacking, hour or more of sleeping, and about an hour of scream crying.

View attachment 780977

We did survive and made it home EVENTUALLY. Painful end to a trip we already did not want to leave!!

I didn't want this TR to end because I'm sad it's over! BUT 222 days to go until our December trip!!

Thank you all for reading ❤️ I'm CONSIDERING a live TR for December, stay tuned!
Such a great trip report, and seeing Nora warm up to the characters was the sweetest thing!

k8einwdw

(y'all.. I would consider myself a smart person. I'm well educated.. yadda yadda. When I tell you it took me like FIVE TRIES to spell beignet correctly... oh my god. kick to the confidence. My brain just COULD NOT recall the spelling. I had to google "benyay spelled correctly" hahahahahhaha. Painful to admit 😅😆😆😆)
Thank goodness I work from home, because I literally laughed out loud at this. 😂 We’ve avoided Chef Mickey’s like the plague up to this point, but your review has me considering it for our next trip…🤔

CAlvares

After our amazing brunch it was time to head back to Pop and go to the airport :(

Quick monorail spotting first!

View attachment 780975

And we used up the last of our snack credits - a soft serve ice cream. Hit the spot! The dining plan was well worth it for us on this trip with all of the character meals for sure.

View attachment 780976

Okay another confession time. We booked a Spirit flight for our return trip because it was the cheapest option (and this trip wasn't even planned, as you know). We flew Delta on the way down and checked two suitcases. On Delta, your bags must not exceed 50 pounds. Nailed it at around 45 pounds each. We knew the checked bags would be more expensive on Spirit but we have a toddler, gotta do what you gotta do.

Until you realize that the weight max on Spirit is 40 pounds. So both bags are overweight and nowhere to redistribute. So.. for a one way flight our two bags cost us over $250 😭😭😭😭😭😭 so painful and shameful and truly NOTHING we could do. We were already running late and just had to hand over our credit card and vow to never fly Spirit EVER AGAIN.

Security took FOREVERRRRR so we basically boarded as soon as we got to our gate.

Nora's flight experience was about the same as the way down - 30ish minutes playing and snacking, hour or more of sleeping, and about an hour of scream crying.

View attachment 780977

We did survive and made it home EVENTUALLY. Painful end to a trip we already did not want to leave!!

I didn't want this TR to end because I'm sad it's over! BUT 222 days to go until our December trip!!

Thank you all for reading ❤️ I'm CONSIDERING a live TR for December, stay tuned!
Thank you so much for sharing your trip!! It was wonderful reading your report!!☺️

Just realized we’ll be there around the same time in December!! I’m crossing my fingers for some lower crowds! 🤗

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
I couldn't fit these two pictures in my post to end our MK day -

Sunglasses are necessary at 9 PM apparently.

View attachment 780937

Ian and I kept saying how NUTS it was that we only explored about half the park on this day. We usually do longer trips for this reason!

Our journey back to Pop was actually pretty quick. Nora wanted a treat before bed and who am I to say no on vacation?!

Look at her delirious happy smile 😆 😍

View attachment 780938

She went to sleep QUICKLY. I packed up most of our stuff before heading to bed myself 😭
This is my fav photo of your holiday. Such a happy pic. Thank you for sharing your trip, so entertaining and cannot wait for the possible live report in December.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
What a fun TR with such an adorable girl girls! ;) (And devoted hubs/daddy, can't forget him!)

I'm CONSIDERING a live TR for December, stay tuned!
As one with live TR experience - please don't. It is hard! Be in the moment with your family. They will appreciate your undivided attention more than you know.

Waiting also provides the bonus of reliving all your wonderful memories.

annienevells

Original Poster
Chef Mickey’s for breakfast on our last day has been a tradition and we have pictures of my DD, myself and her Godparents from every trip since she was 3.5 and in a few weeks we will get a new one in front of that plate now that she is nearly 19 and towers over me. In the beginning there was the Chef Mickey statue and we would “measure“ her growth by it.
I love that! We love ending our trips at Chef Mickey’s and hope we get to do so for years to come!!

annienevells

Original Poster
I was hoping someone would do this 😅
222 days until the most epic toddler crossover trip report(s)!!! @k8einwdw @annienevells

This was a joy to read - I kept checking back. Thank you so much!
Can’t wait for the toddler meet up! And thank you for reading!!
Such a great trip report, and seeing Nora warm up to the characters was the sweetest thing!
The best feeling to watch the evolution of her character meets!!
Thank goodness I work from home, because I literally laughed out loud at this. 😂 We’ve avoided Chef Mickey’s like the plague up to this point, but your review has me considering it for our next trip…🤔
Glad someone can laugh with me 😅
Thank you so much for sharing your trip!! It was wonderful reading your report!!☺️

Just realized we’ll be there around the same time in December!! I’m crossing my fingers for some lower crowds! 🤗
SAME! We’ve never gone in December but hoping that first week isn’t too bad!
Absolutely!! A Cool (and adorable) Kid must!!
Too true 😎
This is my fav photo of your holiday. Such a happy pic. Thank you for sharing your trip, so entertaining and cannot wait for the possible live report in December.
Thank you for reading! And I love this one too 🥰🥰
What a fun TR with such an adorable girl girls! ;) (And devoted hubs/daddy, can't forget him!)

As one with live TR experience - please don't. It is hard! Be in the moment with your family. They will appreciate your undivided attention more than you know.

Waiting also provides the bonus of reliving all your wonderful memories.
I’m going to trust the expert then! A post trip TR it will be!

200.gif

cgersic

Oh my goodness, that Minnie picture has the be the cover photo for her Adventure Book! Sooo sweet and just shows how far she came with the characters. Thanks so much for the entertaining report and I'll be waiting along with everyone else for the next one - live or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom