Choose your favorite dish!!!

petey

Original Poster
Hello Disney experts. I will be eating at the following restaurants and would like you to tell me your favorite dish:
Whispering Canyon-both breakfast and dinner
Kona Cafe-both breakfast & dinner
50's Prime Time-Dinner
Jiko-Dinner
Rose & Crown-dinner

Also I am eating at the following buffet's so let me know what to try:
Boma-both breakfast & dinner
Tusker House-dinner
Captains Grill-breakfast
Thanks everyone in advance for your feedback!!!!
MAGICAL DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!:slurp:

jaime_1234

At 50's Prime Time Cafe I was pleased with the fried chicken. Also, the onion rings were VERY good!

I love just about everything about Boma's breakfast buffet, but my favorite dish there would have to be the goat cheese and chive scrambled eggs. They're so creamy and delicious!

sweetpee_1993

Let's see....

Whispering Canyon: Breakfast - Raisin Bread French Toast (it was freakin' awesome!), Dinner - The Canyon Skillet (why bother with anything else?? LOL!)

Kona Cafe: Breakfast - Tonga Toast (but try to convince someone else in your family to try the Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes so you can try 'em because those are pretty dang good, too), Dinner - I dunno. Never had it for dinner.

50's Prime Time: I can't really recommend anything. It's not my cup of tea.

Jiko: Dinner - I had the filet w/mac-n-cheese which was really good but I wish I had gotten the short rib my hubby ordered. That thing was amazing!

Rose & Crown: I dunno. Never been here.

Boma: Breakfast - the goat cheese scrambled eggs were sooooo yummy, Dinner - Make sure to get zebra domes if they have 'em.

Tusker House: Dinner - we've only ever done breakfast which is pretty good

Captain's Grill: Never been here either.

Have fun! :wave:

Pioneer Hall

Whispering Canyon-Skillets all around

Kona-Tonga Toast for breakfast, Tuna for Dinner

50's-Fried Chicken

Jiko-Had the chicken when I went and it was very good. Since this is a signature restaurant, the menu does change more often that other restaurants. Your server will go over everything with you.

Rose and Crown- Chicken and Mushroom pie. My dad had gotten this last time we went and it was definitely better than the Cottage Pie I had.

Try whatever looks interesting to you at the buffets. Boma has a fantastic collection of soups, so I suggest taking tasting size portions of them instead of just one big bowl of something.

WDW_Emily

only been to 50s from that list and nothing really stood out to me. However,, My sister is in Love with the meatloaf there.

zurgandfriend

These are my favorites.
Whispering Canyon: Two words “the skillet”
Breakfast;
Scrambled Eggs, Oven-roasted Red Bliss Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Waffles, Buttermilk Biscuits, and Sausage Gravy
Dinner;
Smoked Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Oven-roasted Chicken, Beef Brisket, Mashed Potatoes, Cowboy Beans, and Corn on the Cob Mixed Greens Salad with Apple Vinaigrette, Coleslaw, and Fresh-baked Cornbread
Kona Café:
Breakfast;
Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with Strawberry Compote and your choice of ham, bacon, or sausage
Or
Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes - with macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce and your choice of ham, bacon or sausage
Dinner;
Shrimp and Scallops - panko breaded shrimp and pan-seared scallops with sticky rice, roasted pepper sauce and spicy passion fruit-orange-guava sauce
50’s Prime Time Café:
Dinner;
Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken - Served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and Southern greens
Or
Mom's Old Fashioned Pot Roast - Slow cooked 'til fork tender, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions

Jiko:
Dinner;
Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon - with Macaroni & Cheese and Red Wine Sauce
Or
Roasted Lamb Loin - with herbed CousCous, sun-dried cherries, and Red Curry Sauce
Rose and Crown:
Dinner;
Bangers and Mash - Traditional English Sausages with Braised Cabbage and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Shallot Gravy
Or
Fish and Chips - Battered fresh Cod served with English Chips

ScorpionX

My Suggestions

Whispering Canyon Cafe:
Breakfast
  • French Toast - Topped with cinnamom icing. - $9.99
  • Hash Brown Rounds - Potato hash browns - $2.99
  • Juices - Orange, cranberry, grapefruit, apple, tomato, or V-8 Juice. - $2.29
Dinner
  • St. Louis-style Ribs - Served with cowboy beans, mashed potatoes, and seasonal veggies, a half rack. - $21.99
  • Apple-Caramel Pie - Crumb-topped deep-dish apple pie made with vanilla ice cream. - $5.49
  • Water
Kona Cafe:
Breakfast
  • Tonga Toast - Banana-stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar with your choice of ham, bacon or sausage. - $10.99
  • Juices - Orange, apple, cranberry, tomato, grapefruit or pineapple
Dinner
  • Coconut Almond Chicken - Sauteed chicken breast served with Asian greens tossed with honey lime dressing, golden pineapple, strawberries, and toasted almonds. - $16.99
  • Chocolate Fondue
  • Smoothies - Choose from Orange-Passion Fruit, Raspberry or Strawberry-Banana. - $4.69
50's Prime Time Cafe:
  • Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken - Served with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken gravy, and Southern greens - $15.99
  • S'mores - A graham cracker square, topped with chocolate and yummy toasted marshmallows. - $4.79
  • Mickey's Bee Bop Drink - Delicious cherry-flavored Sprite with Dad's Glowing Electric Ice Cubes served in a Souvenir cup. - $5.99
Jiko:
  • Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Short Ribs - Served with crushed potatoes and onion garlic sauce. - $37.00
  • Inspired by "The Year of a Million Dreams" - White chocolate mousse pyramid with roasted banana and pineapple, banana-pineapple salad, and tropical fruit salad. - $8.00
  • African Beer and Cider - Choose from Casa Lager, Castle, Windhoek Lager, and Savanna Premium Dry Cider. - $6.25
Rose & Crown:
  • Harry Ramsden's Famous Fish and Chips - Batter-fried fresh Cod served with English chips and Garden peas. - $15.99
  • Lemon Pie - . - $5.49
  • Welsh Dragon - Peach Schnapps, Melon liqueur, Creme de menthe, orange juice, and pineapple juice.
Boma:
Breakfast
  • Pancakes
  • Carved breakfast ham
  • Omelets
  • water
Dinner
  • roasted salmon
  • Safari Martini - No safari would be complete without the taste of Van De Hum Tangerine liqueur, Absolut Citron, and a splash of cranberry juice. - $8.00
Tusker House:
  • Seafood stew
  • potato wedges
  • Fruit cobbler
  • water
Captain's Grille:
  • Mickey Waffle - Dusted with powdered sugar and served with bacon or sausage. - $8.99
  • Juice

Mr. Morrow

THE BEST DISH IN WDW NO QUESTION IS!!!!!!!!

Grilled Pork Tenderloin - with goat cheese polenta, button mushrooms and zinfandel glaze

lebeau

50's Prime Time - Hands down, the pot roast. And I don't usually like pot roast. Everyone I've recommended it to has become a pot roast convert.

We've also had the fried chicken which is a very solid second place and the meat loaf which is a distant third.

50's Prime Time - not so much about the food as it is the atmosphere. But is it wrong that I LOVED the fried cheese? (It's not like a mozzarella patty...it's like smooth, cracker-spreading cheese inside a fried outer-edge. Yummy.)

Rose and Crown - LOVED the cottage pie, whether with beef or lamb, it didn't matter. Also love the fish and chips.

sleepybear

Haven't been to all of those places, but not only is the Tonga Toast a must at Kona Cafe, so is the French press pot of Kona coffee. That'll put a spring in your step.

At Jiko, the kalamata flatbread and the braised short rib are mouthwateringly good.

belle_1022

From your list, here is where I have eaten and what I like:

Kona Cafe
breakfast: tonga toast & pancakes. dh ordered one & I ordered the
other and we ended up liking each others more than the
one we originally ordered. I can't remember now who
ordered what.
dinner: they used to have a macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi which
was good. I would say anything is fab there.
50's Prime Time
dinner: pot roast & dh loves meatloaf.
Boma
breakfast: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bobotie - corn beef, eggs, cream, potato and onion[/FONT] & the
Pastries are great
dinner: The menu changes daily so check what day you will be there.
They always have the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FuFu - sweet and white potatoes mashed
with coriander and cinnamon and the soups are always fab.
Save room for dessert!
[/FONT]

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Had Whispering Canyon and hated it. Even the corn bread sucked.

Kona I had the Tonga Toast it was good, not over powering good like Mr Donald Duck thinks hahaha but it was still pretty flippin good!

50's You cant go wrong with the fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and greens, and brownie dessert!!!!

Tomi-Rocket

only one....

I only have one suggestion since all the times you're eating are times we haven't eaten at the places you listed, LOL. Anyway, my son and I asked if we could order off the lunch menu at dinner while we were at 50's PTC. We lucked out when it was okay because we both ordered the Chicken Pot Pie and it was wonderful!! We both loved it. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom