Childbirth pain: Men vs. Women

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Childbirth takes you to a place where there is nothing but pain. You don't even know where it is coming from - just your entire abdomen and back have cramped up like a charley horse x 1000. No thoughts, no processing of stimuli...nothing but pain. And it's bad.

But then it's over and they hand you the most beautiful, adorable, amazing creature God ever placed on the planet. And it's all good again. And you've got that adrenaline pumping, so you feel great.

Then he wakes you up all night long and you have to take little tiny steps (stitches!) to go feed him. But it's still good. :)

Best description I ever heard, and I forget who said it...was "try squeezing something the size of a small watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon"

George Carlin perhaps?

donaldtoo

Childbirth takes you to a place where there is nothing but pain. You don't even know where it is coming from - just your entire abdomen and back have cramped up like a charley horse x 1000. No thoughts, no processing of stimuli...nothing but pain. And it's bad.

But then it's over and they hand you the most beautiful, adorable, amazing creature God ever placed on the planet. And it's all good again. And you've got that adrenaline pumping, so you feel great.

Then he wakes you up all night long and you have to take little tiny steps (stitches!) to go feed him. But it's still good. :)

Carol Burnett (Google, if not a clue who she is ;)) once said... "Giving birth is like taking your lower lip and forcing it over your head."
Cheers to my DW, who gave birth 3 times, and to all you other loving mothers out there. :)

On a side note:
My DW trained me well. When baby cried I got out of bed to go check diaper, changed if needed, and then brought baby to mommy for the kind of feeding I'm not equipped for. ;) Then I took baby back to bed, and etc., on flip side of feeding. That was our 2 girls. Middle child, DS, was a little different story...he was 1lb. 4ozs. when he was born and spent 4-1/2 months in the NICU. We were, obviously, there as much as we could be to be with him.
When we brought him home, I was on it just like with the girls. :)
I wouldn't ever want to trade places with you ladies in the birthing department, but I tried to contribute, and still do, as much as I could...! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Carol Burnett (Google, if not a clue who she is ;)) once said... "Giving birth is like taking your lower lip and forcing it over your head."
Cheers to my DW, who gave birth 3 times, and to all you other loving mothers out there. :)

On a side note:
My DW trained me well. When baby cried I got out of bed to go check diaper, changed if needed, and then brought baby to mommy for the kind of feeding I'm not equipped for. ;) Then I took baby back to bed, and etc., on flip side of feeding. That was our 2 girls. Middle child, DS, was a little different story...he was 1lb. 4ozs. when he was born and spent 4-1/2 months in the NICU. We were, obviously, there as much as we could be to be with him.
When we brought him home, I was on it just like with the girls. :)
I wouldn't ever want to trade places with you ladies in the birthing department, but I tried to contribute, and still do, as much as I could...! :)

Little girls, Little girls. Everywhere I turn I can see them
Little girls, Little girls

Night and day, I eat, sleep and breathe them
I'm an ordinary woman, with feelings, I'd like a man to nibble on my ear
But I'll admit no man has bit!
So how come I'm the mother of the year?

trr1

when at the hospital with my sister when she had her one kid . one woman was bragging that she had an 11 lb baby and didn't
have to have stitches. i don't think that's something to brag about :oops:

sbkline

I had kidney stones once and I was told that they say kidney stones are the man's equivalent to being in labor. And then there have been those times sitting on the porcelain pot wondering if this is how a woman feels in labor. Ya, fun times. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom