Child swapping question......

Bobcat

I'm not even sure I've gone a posted this in the correct place if not, I apologize but here's my question:

How does this work? My wife and I are taking our 11 month old son in December and he will not be able to do a decent majority of things at the various parks. My wife and I, though not in any big rush any longer, to experience EVERYTHING, still have our favorites, does this process work?

Bobcat

Beauty and the

Disney have got the baby swap off to a fine art the first time we went to Disney our eldest was then 18 months so we had to do this on a good few rides, even now ten years later the youngest still can't get on RnR so we still do things in two teams.
The cast members are really helpful for most rides you get to wait in line together and then one rides while the other holds the baby and waits at the exit. When the rider comes off the holder goes in through the exit and doesn't wait, good system so you both ride pretty quickly we have never found any problems and it hasn't spoilt the enjoyment either.
Happy riding.

Upvote 0
Our kids are 10 and 4. Our 10 year old daughter loves it because she can ride with both parents. They will let 1 other person go on with the parent that is waiting, so my daughter takes advantage of this. She gets to ride twice.:D

Upvote 0

goofyguy

Your best bet is to ask the castmember at the beginning of the line how child swaps are handled on the particular attraction. On some attractions one parent waits outside while the other goes through the line, and on others you take the child with you and just switch off when the first parent returns.

Disney handles this better than anyplace else (of course:D ). You should have seen the confusion when we tried this at our local Six Flags Park.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Beauty and the

The cast members are really helpful for most rides you get to wait in line together and then one rides while the other holds the baby and waits at the exit. When the rider comes off the holder goes in through the exit and doesn't wait, good system so you both ride pretty quickly we have never found any problems and it hasn't spoilt the enjoyment either.
Happy riding.

Does the "baby" have to wait in line with both parents until parent#1 goes on the ride? This is why I've never used the swap....my youngest doesn't want to wait in line 20 mins or so for a ride he can't get on. If parent # 2 went to the exit, he/she would still have to stick around the area for a certain amount of time. We just split up and regroup later.

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Dear WDWmagic group,

Does Disney have a spouse swapping program as well. I always have to ride the e-rides solo. It gets a little embarrasing at times when they start looking for single riders and I'm always holding up my hand. I just don't know what to do, please help.

signed,

"Lonely Rider"

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
Dear WDWmagic group,

Does Disney have a spouse swapping program as well. I always have to ride the e-rides solo. It gets a little embarrasing at times when they start looking for single riders and I'm always holding up my hand. I just don't know what to do, please help.

signed,

"Lonely Rider"

Duh, Freak, just take me. :)

Upvote 0

Tramp

Dear WDWmagic group,

signed,

"Lonely Rider"
LOL...don't you just love it when the CM starts yelling..."Party of ONE, Party Of ONE"....

a party of one is no party at all...!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by Tramp

LOL...don't you just love it when the CM starts yelling..."Party of ONE, Party Of ONE"....

a party of one is no party at all...!

I hate when they do that but what choice do I have? It's like....

Rock me Hard place

If I don't say something I don't get on the ride but if I do I become the Lonely Rider guy.

Maria - great catch on that quote! LOL! It really changed the accentuation of the sentence buy taking out the "Duh". Before it was "Duh, Freak, just take ME." And then it became, "Freak, just TAKE me." I like the second version. ;)

Duckie - remember my blood pressure. :D ;)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Maria - great catch on that quote! LOL! It really changed the accentuation of the sentence buy taking out the "Duh". Before it was "Duh, Freak, just take ME." And then it became, "Freak, just TAKE me." I like the second version. ;)

Duckie - remember my blood pressure. :D ;)

LOL... whichever you prefer, Freak. I'm easy. :eek: ;)

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

LOL... whichever you prefer, Freak. I'm easy. :eek: ;)

:eek: ................................:cool:

(why do I have the feeling half of this thread is going to end up in chit-chat.) BTW, I do find the title of this thread very disturbing. ;)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

:eek: ................................:cool:

(why do I have the feeling half of this thread is going to end up in chit-chat.) BTW, I do find the title of this thread very disturbing. ;)

I agree...

Steve, could you give us a thread of our own? We could use a little privacy. ;)

Sorry for the thread drift...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom