Chief Namee

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
He`s been called Namee since at least 1990 :wave:
The key to the kingdom tours tell a story of an internal contest done to name the chief and from that contest came the name "Noname" which of course is a combination of no name. Is there any truth to that or can it be added to the rather long list of incorrect facts given out on the keys tour?

jmmount

We were at MK last week, and Chief Namee was not at his post. Neither was the tiger in the temple.

We asked, and the Skipper told us that Namee was "with the Pirates" (since POTC was also closed last week), apparently being refurbed.

Although POTC was supposed to re-open on the 18th, our skipper acted like Namee may be gone for several more weeks.

I have no idea where the tiger wandered off to. . . I hope he's not lurking, ready to pounce on an unsuspecting passing boat in iasw.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The key to the kingdom tours tell a story of an internal contest done to name the chief and from that contest came the name "Noname" which of course is a combination of no name. Is there any truth to that or can it be added to the rather long list of incorrect facts given out on the keys tour?

I had heard a variation of that, prior to determining the name through the contest, spaces were left on the script with Chief Name: ________ . A skipper in training was reading through the script and came to this part reading it as Chief {Namee}. When this was heard, the contest was called off (amidst significant laughter) and the name stuck.

jmmount

Our KEYS tour guide told us that the name Chief Namee came from an early Skipper script that had circulated prior to the writers actually coming up with a name. The script was written "Chief NAME", as a placeholder, with the intention that once a clever name was developed, they would go back and plug it into the script.

The way the story goes, the cast members learning the script didn't get the placeholder nature of the word "NAME", (or, the writers forgot to go back and change it), and the skippers read it straight as "Namee", because they thought that's what the script writers' intentions were. That stuck.

Don't know if it's true, but it makes sense, and it also makes a good story. . .

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I had heard a variation of that, prior to determining the name through the contest, spaces were left on the script with Chief Name: ________ . A skipper in training was reading through the script and came to this part reading it as Chief {Namee}. When this was heard, the contest was called off (amidst significant laughter) and the name stuck.

Our KEYS tour guide told us that the name Chief Namee came from an early Skipper script that had circulated prior to the writers actually coming up with a name. The script was written "Chief NAME", as a placeholder, with the intention that once a clever name was developed, they would go back and plug it into the script.

The way the story goes, the cast members learning the script didn't get the placeholder nature of the word "NAME", (or, the writers forgot to go back and change it), and the skippers read it straight as "Namee", because they thought that's what the script writers' intentions were. That stuck.

Don't know if it's true, but it makes sense, and it also makes a good story. . .
That makes much more sense than the version that was told to me by my keys guide.

DisneyNme

Hey cool!! Funny story but kind of pointless, I got the Jungle cruise w/albert awol Cue loop from mousebites.com , and was looking for a track listing on what songs played in the background. I did a google seach and it came up with the same myspace profile....Im like what the?? So i checked it out for S's and G's, and there it was. Very cool....Its a small internet after all...:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Namee is a little late back to the party, but will return soon ;)

I got the spelling from the May 1990 SOP CM script. Definately Namee - though I am also told is an intentional play on `No Name`.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom