Chicago Disney Office?

cndrellagrl

Original Poster
Hi all!
I have a rather strange question that I'm not sure anyone would know the answer to. I work in downtown chicago on michigan avenue. I got off at the wrong floor one day and saw a sign for The Disney Company. It turns out that there is a pretty big disney office in my building. I was curious if anybody knew what this particular office does. I have been so tempted to knock on the door and see if mickey is inside!

maryszhi

i think its their research one. a few years ago, my mo0m did a survey for them. it was about future stuff, questions about our visits, what appeals, you know , typical disney stuff

RiversideBunny

Pse see if they can do some research on what souvenir merchandise they need to offer at WDW.
Somehow what guests want and what's being presented for sale are not the same thing.
Tks.
:)

Foolish1

Well, the office could be almost anything. But chances are it's a marketing office of one kind or another. They used to have a distribution/marketing office on Bryn Mawr. Not sure if that is still there or not.

It could also be for their gaming division, or even Internet division. Or, it could be for some new division we have never heard of before.

Of course, having an address for the building might also help too. :)

wedway71

I know Disney has Sales offices in Chicago and New York for the theme parks/Resorts.

They also have DVC sales office and store in Chicago.

Maybe that was it?:shrug:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
If you google 'Disney office Chicago' this comes up:

Radio Disney
190 N. State Street

Link -
http://radio.disney.go.com/

:)

Nah... thats not it. Thats on the other side of Downtown.

The Michigan Ave. office the topic poster is talking about, is indeed a research office. I have been invited there a couple of times... to sit in on some sort of market research thing on the Disney Visa credit card. :)

fosse76

It's just a general business office. Technically for Disney to be able to do business in a state, it must a state mailing address. Because of the size of Chicago, it is only logical that they have a central business office where they can do business.

As for the credit cards, the Disney Visa is offered through Chase under a licensing agreement.

ImaYoyo

We do have an NSO (National Sales Office) in Chicago. They handle convention and leisure sales for the most part. There are a few NSOs around the country.

DSNYKID

The DVC store is at the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. It's called Disney Doorway to Dreams! We were just there on Tuesday evening. They have a model of the Animal Kingdom DVC studio and one bedroom. It was fun to get alittle pixie dust when not in Florida. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom