News Chevrolet is teaming up with Walt Disney World to reveal the all-electric Chevrolet Bolt EUV and Bolt EV

KeithVH

1611696576603.png

It might be fast but I just dunno about the seating. Doesn't seem very roomy either . . .

correcaminos

Anyone still miss the original Test Track and prefer it to what we have now? Just me?
I've been thinking on this. There are some things like the hot and cold rooms I liked better. But overall I prefer this version. We have more fun with it. Also no headache inducing beginnings. My 3yo at the time was all set to ride and then got scared because of the noise. Glad that part is gone.

correcaminos

BEV and PHEV owner here. Although I do miss driving manual.
We have one 6spd left in our house that I want my 13yo to learn on in a couple years. After that car dies we'll move to all BEV. My BEV is excellent for 1 pedal driving so that has its own level of using the brain to get it right. I came from a manual to this so been fun learning 3 pedal vs 1. The instant torque of my BEV surpasses what I had on my manual so in that way I don't miss it. I'm driving a Mini too which helps with fun!

DisneyCane

BEV and PHEV owner here. Although I do miss driving manual.
You can't even get a Corvette with a manual transmission anymore. I know the DCT is faster but manual is the way to go for fun to drive cars. Obviously an electric vehicle will never have anything similar. I guess when they change to a steer by wire sidestick we will long for the good old days of a steering wheel!

DCLcruiser

We have one 6spd left in our house that I want my 13yo to learn on in a couple years. After that car dies we'll move to all BEV. My BEV is excellent for 1 pedal driving so that has its own level of using the brain to get it right. I came from a manual to this so been fun learning 3 pedal vs 1. The instant torque of my BEV surpasses what I had on my manual so in that way I don't miss it. I'm driving a Mini too which helps with fun!
My father taught me to drive stick when I got my permit in HS, he still drives a 6MT Corvette (he's 70 now). My last manual was about 2 years ago (Subaru WRX STI). I think when the Subaru Crosstrek PHEV goes off lease I will get another MT. I hate the idea of using gas, but the BEV will offset it haha.

One pedal driving is the most fun part of a BEV and... (see below)

You can't even get a Corvette with a manual transmission anymore. I know the DCT is faster but manual is the way to go for fun to drive cars. Obviously an electric vehicle will never have anything similar. I guess when they change to a steer by wire sidestick we will long for the good old days of a steering wheel!
I find that if a BEV has one pedal driving the interconnectedness of the driver and car places the experience in between manual and auto/DCT.

An Auto/DCT/Paddle is extremely boring to drive, bc you are a passenger. The car shifts for you. Even DCT/Paddle, if you forget, or the car thinks it knows better, it will shift to save itself.

A manual is completely reliant on the driver to coordinate what is happening.

In a BEV w/ one pedal driving, the driver learns how to modulate the accelerator pedal in a way that you seamlessly flow between acceleration, controlled slowing (think engine braking) and stopping. A driver can be very bad at this, and another can be great. Just like a manual. I really enjoy driving our Tesla (had a Model 3 and now a Model Y).

JoeCamel

My father taught me to drive stick when I got my permit in HS, he still drives a 6MT Corvette (he's 70 now). My last manual was about 2 years ago (Subaru WRX STI). I think when the Subaru Crosstrek PHEV goes off lease I will get another MT. I hate the idea of using gas, but the BEV will offset it haha.

One pedal driving is the most fun part of a BEV and... (see below)

I find that if a BEV has one pedal driving the interconnectedness of the driver and car places the experience in between manual and auto/DCT.

An Auto/DCT/Paddle is extremely boring to drive, bc you are a passenger. The car shifts for you. Even DCT/Paddle, if you forget, or the car thinks it knows better, it will shift to save itself.

A manual is completely reliant on the driver to coordinate what is happening.

In a BEV w/ one pedal driving, the driver learns how to modulate the accelerator pedal in a way that you seamlessly flow between acceleration, controlled slowing (think engine braking) and stopping. A driver can be very bad at this, and another can be great. Just like a manual. I really enjoy driving our Tesla (had a Model 3 and now a Model Y).
Up until last year I had only MT vehicles starting in '76. There comes a time pushing that clutch in stop and go traffic and getting in and out of typically lower vehicles is not attractive. 4,6,8,10 speed auto is my future. Subaru sent me to Beaver Run to drive the STi for three days when it was introduced here in the states. Fun trip

DCLcruiser

Up until last year I had only MT vehicles starting in '76. There comes a time pushing that clutch in stop and go traffic and getting in and out of typically lower vehicles is not attractive. 4,6,8,10 speed auto is my future. Subaru sent me to Beaver Run to drive the STi for three days when it was introduced here in the states. Fun trip
I hear you, especially if you deal with tons of traffic and relatively boring drives. I got tired of the STI suspension on our poor roads, but now 2 years later I am yearning for another one LOL.

Luckily, the wife loves her Model Y, so I could have a BEV and MT on demand.

DCLcruiser

Oh and I appreciate your use of STi for the 2004 model. They switched the division's acronym to STI (all caps) in 2005.

DisneyCane

Autonomous vehicles?
For truly autonomous (which these won't be although they will likely have supercruise for hands off highway driving), they'd better design them like aircraft or rockets with triple redundant sensors and computers. With the various random glitches I've experienced on our GMC terrain with adaptive cruise control, traction control and blind spot warning I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it in a fully autonomous mode!

RSoxNo1

For truly autonomous (which these won't be although they will likely have supercruise for hands off highway driving), they'd better design them like aircraft or rockets with triple redundant sensors and computers. With the various random glitches I've experienced on our GMC terrain with adaptive cruise control, traction control and blind spot warning I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it in a fully autonomous mode!
Disney was in discussions with two other companies about autonomous vehicles a few years ago and those talks fizzled. Is it so crazy that to think that they're working on something similar with Chevrolet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom