Chef Mickey's

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
They have had the same dinner menu each time we have gone....

Salmon, rotissari chicken, prime rib, a nice selection of salads, including boiled shrimp.

To me its worth the price and experience.

Valawen9

Original Poster
Cool...we're going for dinner for my bf's birthday. I'm really excited because I've never been there before. Thanks for the info!

Tiggerfanatic

We did breakfast our last trip - I was a little disappointed - not a sgood as I remembered. Seeing the characters was great, but I thought the food was just a small step above the high school cafeteria.....we were kind of stuck up in this little alcove and our server only made it back to us once for drink refills.

mousebymarriage

We have been to Chef Mickey's many many times for both breakfast and dinner, it's my kids favorite character meal! It is a buffet with a decent variety of foods to choose from and the kids section(dinner) has pizza , mac&cheese, mini hot dogs etc., basically very kid friendly items! The atmosphere is great, you'll love it!

maelstrom

Chef Mickey's is our favourite. I just made 3 dinner ADRs and 1 breakfast ADR for our May trip. I love the Mickey-shaped ravioli at dinner.

They rotate the meat available on the carving board each night. You can call ahead to find out what is available on the night you plan on going, or if you're nearby, they have a menu posted outside the restaurant. Each night they have two meats, any combination of: turkey, ham, prime rib, or lamb.

It's also good to note that you can get alcoholic beverages here (for an additional price). Before I turned 21 I enjoyed the glow-cube cherry/Sprite and blue raspberry/Sprite drinks. Now that I'm 21, I'll be partaking of some of that alcoholic goodness.

Meeko

Had a good experience there the only time I've been. It was for dinner and it was February 06, before they decreased the number of appearing characters. We saw Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Donald. I think Pluto was there too. It was packed with characters and compared to the other character dining - it seemed like the best value because there were so many. I don't know how that's changed now because I saw notes about there being fewer characters at a time this year. :veryconfu

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Chef Mickey's was the worst dining experience for me and my family -- ever!

Cold foods that were supposed to be cold.. were warm. Hot foods that were supposed to be hot... were cold. Service was really lackluster... example: It took our server 20min to bring me a coffee cup. Blah... I could go on and on and on about the negatives of this place... but thats enough for now.

I will never go there again. :( :shrug:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've had great experiences at Chef Mickey's. One trick - if you don't mind eating early make a ressie for 5PM, when they open for dinner. The food is fresh and you get a lot of time for character interaction.

jesserin

Chef Mickey's was the worst dining experience for me and my family -- ever!

Cold foods that were supposed to be cold.. were warm. Hot foods that were supposed to be hot... were cold. Service was really lackluster... example: It took our server 20min to bring me a coffee cup. Blah... I could go on and on and on about the negatives of this place... but thats enough for now.

I will never go there again. :( :shrug:

I didn't want to be the downer... but I totally agree. Last May I found a piece of plastic in my food... terrible service, and the music was so loud it gave everyone at the table a headache.

:shrug:

LOL Maybe it was just an off day... but one thing seems to be certain, no matter how much you like the food/restaurant - almost everyone I've ever talked to complains of bad service there.

UKHelen

I really, really wanted to eat here and we did an eveing meal on our last trip - only ressie we would get was a 9pm so maybe that was the problem?? Both the character interaction and the food were not great and would not want to go there again unless I was with someone who really wanted to visit. IMHO I feel for the money it's not worth it! We much preferred dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern and have made ADR's for Liberty Tree for our upcoming trip on boyf's birthday. Much, much better food (that and Teppanyaki are our favourites on property) and the character interaction was faultless!

Robfasto

We eat at Chef Mickey's every trip, it is normally our ONLY ADR. And we have never had a problem with service, food or Character interaction.

karenatwdw

We ate there our last trip and we loved it. Our son liked it. Go in the evening we were able to watch the fireworks afterwards from the hotel.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
In the past we truly enjoyed Chef Mickeys so went back this year and it was like night and day. Even with priority seating we waited in a long long long line and then waited another 15-20 minutes to sit down:lookaroun . The food was just so so....selection paled in comparison to past and current Crystal Palace and Boma....not worth the $$$ compared to the other buffets we have visited in the parks. Their dessert buffet is great but overall....we will not be going back. And it was very loud that night too.....

We loved our breakfast and the charectors were so interactive with us. The buffet was AMAZING. My favorite part was the waffles! the Desert was so good that my cousin almost died of having too much suger!!!!!!:ROFLOL:Hope you LOVE Chef Mickeys!

Tinkdisney is AWESOME

lighteningqueen

Our 2 cents... the blandest worst food we had. Characters were ok but slow. Food is well lets say hospital and school cafeteria food was better than this place. hot food was luke warm at best and needed tons of flavoring or seasoning. Never again. JMHO. Tuskers is far better with same characters.

GaBookworm

Chef Mickey's is a 'must do' if you have never been there.
Try for a somewhat off time, like a late breakfast or an early dinner.

Have fun.
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom