Chef Mickey's

Shadowdawn

We were there on Nov. 1 for breakfast. For the most part the character interaction was pretty good. We really love breakfast but we found this on lackluster. I was very happy that they had some turkey sausage (i don't eat any pork) but it was only in one dish and the spread wasn't very good imo. They had 3 types of potatoes but like no meat and only two egg selections.

We did the buffet breakfast at GF last year and the selection was much better and the taste of the food was better generally.

We want to try Ohana's next time we go.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I have always heard that Chef Mickey's is insanely popular for breakfast, but haven't heard much about dinner. Is it just as packed at dinner time?

Jessie&Buzz

I realize this is an old thread but I want to give my 2 cents.

We ate dinner here on our last night in Oct. It was not what I remembered from Dec 2006. The food was not good and the characters rushed by our table. (all expect Goofy who played with my son but even that was rushed) I won't be going back for a while as there are other places we'd like to try. I'm not saying we won't ever go back.

Minnietoo

We've eaten there on every trip some times for both breakfast and dinner. I usually LOVE it but this last trip it was AWFUL I was so upset!
We where just there this last Friday and 1st the server rushed us. Goofy looked pregnant and acted stoned! Not into it at all! He didn't interact with the kids or guests well at all. When we arrived all the characters ended up in our little room at once which in away was ok because after they left we could eat in peace. I was almost tempted to tell the manager how bad Goofy was! It made me sick!

The coffee tasted like water, eggs were so running they where gross!
My dd has celiac's so she needs to be gluten free the chef came and talked to us and he was VERY nice and helpful. So that was great BUT Since it was her bday our server who knew she had to be gluten free brought at a gluten cupcake for her! UGH that could have been VERY BAD! My ds eat it but still that server needs to be more careful!

On a good note we arrived early and checked in not expecting to be seated until our ressie time and they seated us right away almost 45 minutes early! We got there early because I wanted to look at the shops never expecting to e seated right away.

On a whole I just hope it was a bad morning and will give it one more try next trip but if it isn't better I will have to stop going. Which would make me sad because it is my sons favorite place.

Mystic

Chef Mickey's was the worst dining experience for me and my family -- ever!

Cold foods that were supposed to be cold.. were warm. Hot foods that were supposed to be hot... were cold. Service was really lackluster... example: It took our server 20min to bring me a coffee cup. Blah... I could go on and on and on about the negatives of this place... but thats enough for now.

I will never go there again. :( :shrug:

I'm with you. We ate dinner there on our first trip back to the World in 2001 and will NEVER EVER eat there AGAIN. You'd have to pay me a heck of a lot of money to get me to set foot in that restaurant again. What food was left on the buffet was cold and they were not refilling the selections even though they were still seating people. The kids that were in the restaurant were not being controlled by their parents and were not only running wild through the restaurant, they were climbing all over the buffet stations. Do I really want to be eating cold food that's been contaminated by someone else's kid? I don't think so. And you could forget about the make your own sundae bar because this had to be the worst area of the buffet because the kids that were running wild through the buffet had just destroyed it with the ice cream and toppings just thrown all over the place.

The character interaction was limited at best. Yes we're two adults but that doesn't mean I don't want to see the characters, that's why I'm at a Character meal! Also we were seated in the back area next to a table of about 4-6 adults all of whom were so drunk they could barely sit up straight never mind stand up and they were exceedingly loud and rude.

We have never been back in all of our trips since and we have absolutely no intention of ever going back.

worldfanatic

We will NEVER EVER eat there AGAIN.

You'd have to pay me a heck of a lot of money to get me to set foot in that restaurant again.

Do I really want to be eating cold food that's been contaminated by someone else's kid?

We have never been back in all of our trips since and we have absolutely no intention of ever going back.

OK, but did you like it or not?????? :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom